Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Because the playerbase is full of a bunch of crybaby primadonnas, at this point blizz has trouble pulling the trigger on ANY features, for fear of mass panic and rage....
    Someone should just make a thread that says
    "I Will Hate Everything New Blizzard Does To WOW"

  2. #42
    I totally understand where blizz is coming from about player models. I'm a huge fan of the orcs, but if the new models suck? or even if blizz takes the new models in a different direction from what I feel like orcs should look like, that would ruin almost everyone of my characters for me. This isn't about being a special snowflake, I'd like to think I'm the exact opposite of a special snowflake, it's about not wanting to ruin characters that people have become connected too.

  3. #43
    Dreadlord Wayne25uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maltby,Rotherham
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    People like you are the reason we're stuck with gross 2004 models.
    And people like you are the reason the games industrys dont want to make games anymore because of your whiny piss ant nature and wanting everything for nothing culture. I bet your the type that goes "YEAH XBOX HD GRAPHICS YEAH FUCK GAMEPLAY!!!" when a normal person would play a Wii game with shit visuals but great gameplay.

    Get a life dude its only a bunch of pixels...

  4. #44
    What keeps them from keeping the old models and adding new ones, and let the player decide which model he wants to use. Considering all the gear will still have to fit, there is no point going into semantics. If an xy player would like the old models, I don't mind that he sees me as an old tauren model instead of the new one I'm using, all I care about is how I see the game, not how others see it. Cosmetics and e-pening is done through gear and transmogs, not models.

    Just bring them out, and give players the option to chose, considering they give the same answer every few months, the time will never be for them to release them.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2013-08-29 at 01:22 PM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Wish they'd stop making excuses about the new models we've heard it for years. Back in TBC it was " they're to expensive " and ever since it's been " We want to do it for the fans " if they spent as much time on the models as they do making excuses we'd have them by now.
    "It's okay that I have nothing to do in game because at least my human doesn't cast spells like he has a broom up his ass!"

    Yeah no.

    Also the people who are surprised by the backlash they alluded to must not ever read anything on the forums. Ever. People will complain about ANYTHING in this game.
    Last edited by Kektonic; 2013-08-29 at 01:25 PM. Reason: I r spel gud.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    Someone should just make a thread that says
    "I Will Hate Everything New Blizzard Does To WOW"
    From the comments on here, I'd say this is such a thread.

    Seriously, why the developers even attempt to please any of you is beyond me. It's a good game and it's well done and a lot of people worked hard on it and I appreciate it.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

  7. #47
    I disagree on models having never been successfully updated. EverQuest did it just fine, perfect in fact.

    Shadows of Luclin came out, character models were updated. Don't like it? No problem!
    Open the options, go to the right interface and just click the checkbox....per race.

    So players could have updated humans and elves with original model trolls and ogres if they wished. They could have all new, all old, or any mix of the two they wanted. And that's what they'd see for ALL models of that race.

    Promotional art and screenshots showed the new ones, of course, but if a player particularly disliked it the OPTION was there to use the old ones and it worked quite well. It also allowed players on older computers to turn them all off to use original models and lower the performance demand on their PC.

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,816
    Quote Originally Posted by moonripper View Post
    I totally understand where blizz is coming from about player models. I'm a huge fan of the orcs, but if the new models suck? or even if blizz takes the new models in a different direction from what I feel like orcs should look like, that would ruin almost everyone of my characters for me. This isn't about being a special snowflake, I'd like to think I'm the exact opposite of a special snowflake, it's about not wanting to ruin characters that people have become connected too.
    Did you see the new Garrosh model? that is what they will look like but green.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqht1AI1htM
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    What keeps them from keeping the old models and adding new ones, and let the player decide which model he wants to use.
    What happens when Tier 23 comes out and the old troll models have helm clipping issues, and the old human, blood elve, and worgen models all have their shoulders sitting two feet above their bodies? How many resources do they need to put into fixing that? If most people use the new models, do they just leave the old models broken? And speaking of that, how much dev time should they put into QA for both old and new models wearing all the various equipment in each expansion/tier? In three more years, they'll have to spend double the amount of time developing and testing equipment to make sure the the old models wear everything correctly, even though a small minority would still be using them. That's resources that could be spent working on a new dungeon or raid.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You should read up on 32bit and 64bit integers and realize what actually happens when you're forced to go from one to the other. Hint: The impact has to do with resource usage.
    So the numbers in the next expansion will rise so dramatically that they will require a transition from 32 bit to 64 bit? That is the part I don't get. Actually the blue post that concerned the item squish had no information in it other than "approaching a database limitation", so it is hard to really understand the problem and it very much seems like a lame excuse.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I guess it's the week of bullshit excuses. They're just cheap and lazy, nothing more. "We might have to do the item squish because database limitation". Whut?. "Upgrading player models has never been done successfully in an MMO." Double WHUT? Seriously, I'm getting disgusted with those people.
    1) Item squish is more work than not doing the item squish. They have to go back to all the old raid content and items from TBC -> MoP and balance them all down. This is not an easy "lets just do 60% across the board" fix. Because it takes so much time and resources to do this, I''m not sure how you are interpreting this as "cheap and lazy".

    2) I want to say (this I will admit I'm not 100% sure) that they:

    a) are really just looking at their main recent MMO competitions, such as Aion, SWTOR, guild wars 2, rift, etc, whenever it comes to "successfully in an mmo" and

    b) They have mentioned time and time again that they are making these changes very, very, very carefully to not turn-off any of the community as much as possible. That's not lazy/cheap. Let's say they have already done 20-30 different models for humans, each one a tad better than the previous. Until they get the model right, the rest of the animations will have to wait, which is more future work. To you their process might look like "ok I like this new model, let's choose this model." but it's not as simple as that.

    c) Their definition of success might be different than what we think. Just changing the models isn't a success. Maybe changing them all with minimal complaints and ppl threatening to leave the game if they dont change back is a bit more successful, don't you think? And what about this: What if they did just the perfect job on these models so that this makes players want to come back to WoW that have been gone for a long time? Isn't that even a bigger success than the previous 2 examples of "success"

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,228
    I love how they said upgrading player models has never been successfully done in an MMO.

    Everquest 1 Luclin models say hi you morons.

  13. #53
    It's funny you mention everquest. I hated those models. Many people I played with hated them too. When I first read the interview I immediately agreed with him and thought about how terrible EQ1 did it.

    If they make dramatic changes to WoW models I'm sure some would be okay with it. They might even like it more. But, we should all know that it could potentially cause many thousands of players to be upset and even cause them to quit. This may seem ridiculous, but it will happen.

  14. #54
    Keyboard Turner Jixson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    8
    Any chance someone could explain to me why my system can run most games, including Skyrim at alright graphics setting at 30 fps, and I have to make my WoW setting into the toilet to get to 20 fps?

    Come on Bliz. I shouldn't be playing with garbage graphics, or 14 fps when I can play newer gamers at much higher settings, with MUCH higher fps.

  15. #55
    They all die and the world will be ruled by High Kind MekkaXY , Prophet Velen and the Dwarf Council !

  16. #56
    Am I the only one here who REALLY REALLY REALLY like the all-dead timeway? Seriously, wow needs a fresh restart. Let Garrosh kill them all and the next two expansions will center around new heroes and fresh new stories. Too bad it will never happen...

  17. #57
    For a long time it was mandatory to maintain the same visual look across all hardware, but recently they have diverged from that idea, allowing the team to do some nicer things at the higher end.
    I think they need to make the graphics engine less cpu bound and put more of the load on the video card before they worry about upping graphics quality. Not even a supercomputer can run the game at 60 fps with all options at max because of how their engine works and the fact that the game can't even utilize more than 2 cpu cores. Sorry AMD cpu users
    Last edited by Destructus; 2013-08-29 at 02:59 PM.

  18. #58
    i love seeing the design sketches

  19. #59
    Anyone notice that High Tinker Mechatorque and Trade Prince Gallywix aren't impaled on the spikes?

  20. #60
    The impaled models look really awkward. They are basically their /roar models, just freezed up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •