Poll: Your feel about the Technological Valley

Deleted

Lightbulb New Battleground IDEA = Technological Valley

I had an idea recently, about a battleground featuring a lovely battle in engineering style, horde vs alliance.
    Both factions' participants can choose a vehicle to drive and trying to demolish the other enemy vehicles with its abilities.
    The team that takes more flags from the enemy bases wins. The battleground lasts 1 hour and can hosts up to 20v20 players.

Vehicles and their abilities:

Chopper (1m hp | +300% speed)
    an agile motorbike, very fast on the ground but with low hp. For players who like to flee from dropping bombs as well as shoot quickly.

1) Strafe = shoots 1 fast projectile in front of you, to up to 50 yards away, damaging the first enemy in front of you for 40k damage. No cooldown, except global.

2) Nitro Burst = doubles movement speed for 5 seconds. 30 seconds cooldown.

3) Oil Shield = protects the vehicle from damage, absorbing all damage for 5 seconds. 45 seconds cooldown.

4) Sticky Puddle =pours glue on the ground, in a small area around you, lasting 30 seconds and slowing all ground vehicles in it by 75%. The puddle also deals 10k damage per second. 30 seconds cooldown. (warning, affects also you and friendly players!)

Aircopter (2m hp | +200% speed)
    A powerful flying machine, built to demolish ground vehicles with big explosions.

1) Drop Bomb = drops an heavy bomb from up to 50 yards, damaging a small area for 100k damage to all enemies within it. 5 seconds cooldown.

2) Synchronization = activates a complexed mechanical adjustment, that blocks you and prevents the next explosion or projectile taken to deal damage. This fix lasts 3 seconds since activation and any damage taken after the time is not removed. 20 seconds cooldown.

3) Kamikaze = A mad desperate attack that launches the vehicle quickly to the selected large area from up to 100 yards, dealing damage equal the aircopter's remaining life and stunning damaged enemies for 5 seconds. While kamikazing, you cannot use abilities or control the vehicle. This ability cannot be used above 500k hp.

4) Ejection Seat = espulse you from your aircopter, slowly falling with a parachute to the ground (you will be very vulnerable without a vehicle! Good luck!).

Enforcer (10m hp | +50% speed)
    An enormous slow tank, ables to resist against enormous damage as well as blasting nearby vehicles. Only 1 enforcer per team can be used at once.

1) Demolition = destoryies the targeted enemy vehicle in melee range. If targeted an aircopter, it will be even hooked from up to 50 yards and demolished.

2) Pistons Blast = releases energy on the ground, damaging nearby enemies by 200k damage and knock them back by 40 yards. Also stuns them for 1 second and reduces their movement speed by 50% for 5 seconds. 15 seconds cooldown.

3) Gear Fixation = repairs the vehicle over time, healing 50k hp per second over 10 seconds. While repairing, the enforcer doesn't benefit from movement speed increase (0% = basic players running speed). No cooldown.

4) Flak = reflects an incoming rocket to the enemy mechbot. 30 seconds cooldown.

5) Pick Flag = grab and keep safe the enemy flag. Melee range. (resist and take it to your base!)

Mechbot (500k hp | +0% speed)
    A walking gear generally used to work, but here equipped for wars, it's very evasive and versatile on the battlefields. Can be very dangerous with its rockets.

1) Thermo Rocket = launches a driven missile to targeted enemy vehicle from any distance, slowly following its vapor trail till reaching the target, dealing 200k damage and stunning for 2 seconds. If hits a flying aircopter it will critical strike for 1.5 times normal damage and 5 seconds stun. 20 seconds cooldown.

2) Welder Release = fires a cone of fire in front of you, damaging frontal enemies for 20k damage per second for 5 seconds. 5 seconds cooldown.

3) Iron Swing = acts like cutting trees, instead, deals instantly 10k damage to all enemies in melee range. This ability also makes the mechbot jumping 50 yards above. 20 seconds cooldown.

4) Techno Leap = flees from its position, jumping to the selected area from up to 100 yards. 30 seconds cooldown.

Do you like the idea? Vote the poll & shares a comment!.
    Thanks for your reading, any critic appreciated.
    More like an open battleground? (wsg - tb style)? Let me know
    Last edited by mmoc0b7825fa66; 2013-08-29 at 09:51 AM.

Just give us Caverns of Time BGs

I wanna rape Stormwind in a BG i mean how cool would that be

Oh wait yeah it would be too cool like the gilneas city bg that got scraped instead we have to keep fighting over pointless flags and shit!

I personally don't enjoy vehicle based battlegrounds, which is why I have blacklisted SoTa and IoC. I don't think it's a horrible idea but I personally wouldn't enjoy playing it.

Deleted
    Not actually the results I expected ..fail!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, have one team get all those smaller machines, but the other time is collectively driving this huge, Flame Leviathan sized super-tank and has to prevent the other team from sabotaging it. One team needs to break down its defenses then destroy the engine. Like a mobile version of Wintergrasp's fortress.

Have it be like Strand, where you play a full game while switching sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Just give us Caverns of Time BGs

I wanna rape Stormwind in a BG i mean how cool would that be

Oh wait yeah it would be too cool like the gilneas city bg that got scraped instead we have to keep fighting over pointless flags and shit!
    This would be fun! Altough I'm a horde player, reading about the orcs slaughtering the draenei & the destruction of theramore I'm thinking about rerolling alliance.

On topic: sounds like a good idea, needs some improvement though. More available playstyles is always good.
    Loved the gw2 pvp games with the new abilities like the one from the dragon festival.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a cool idea, bit of gnomish technological battleground while making use of the vehicle mechanics. i like it.
    Hi

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds more like wintergrasp 2.0

Deleted
    I really don't like vehicles in BGs, so... no

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the vehicle driven BGs at all.

I like Vehicle Bgs. We're over due for a bg where the teams have Aerial vehicles to attack the enemy. IOC Airship doesn't count.

I want to see a true battle BG though. No rezzing. Just both sides charge at each other and fight until one side is completely wiped out.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry OP I don't want to pee on your bonfire, but vehicles have been for the most part an awful experience in WoW.

No more vehicle based BG's.

Ever.

They suck.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

A well written post and a nice concept, but as everyone has already stated: Vehicle based BGs generally don't go down well with PVPers (although some love them).

I don't mind the odd vehicle here and there, Strand of the Ancients had a nice concept (letting undergeared players in vehicles and turrets while well geared players stayed outside and helped protect vehicles or destroy them), but it didn't really get executed that well. A BG based entirely on vehicles brings up the argument of 'where is the player vs player', because it's more like vehicle vs vehicle.

I would enjoy your idea if it wasn't created as a battleground, but as a separate type of instanced PvP that wintergrasp, isle of conquest and tol barad could all be recreated as. As a BG though, I would probably end up blacklisting this purely because it's a vehicle BG - no matter how balanced or well thought out it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as im concerned , all vehicle battlegrounds turned out to be massive fail , so no thanks ^^