Poll: would you date a girl who has HERPES?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    no, i would not. too much being careful and shit. i don't wanna have to be careful when me and my honey are gonna do it. that would take all of the fun out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Feel like I may be immune. Both my father and my brother got herpes early on and I've had a lot of contact with those two and it seems I just... Never got it. Went around family a bunch, but I got off safe.
    Nobody is immune from it. The only thing that reduces your chances of getting it is by already having another form of herpes.
    The virus can be dormant, but don't you worry it will bloom out eventually.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2013-08-29 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... it's not really a major disease... when's the last time you heard some1 died of herpes? it just causes some mild discomfort for 1-2 weeks and then it goes away and maybe comes back later...

I don't really care for these minor stuff... such as herpes, acne, or other minor dermathological diseases...

If I find her attractive I find her attractive... and this is the scneraio that the OP put... that we already find her/him very attractive...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-08-29 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaya View Post
    Look up information. Almost EVERYONE has oral herpes... You just do not have flair ups and such. If you ever had a canker sore that is herpes. Now genital is something different.
    Canker Sores are not caused by herpes, at least not always. They are simply oral ulcers that can be caused by a variety of things. Actually herpes outbreaks in the mouth are different.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker_Sore

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has the bad variety, this thread makes my soul hurt.

I got it having protected sex with someone who knew she had it, but didn't tell me. Luckily, I met the love of my life two months later, but for those two months I was so broken down and miserable... I thought I could never be loved by, or even just have sex with anyone, ever again.

So as someone who has had their life reaffirmed by acceptance, I urge you to consider us filthy sufferers as people when you answer, not just as sex.
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Feel like I may be immune. Both my father and my brother got herpes early on and I've had a lot of contact with those two and it seems I just... Never got it. Went around family a bunch, but I got off safe.
    Sounds like the best troll post ever. Kudos.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2013-08-29 at 02:51 PM.

DA FAQ. im running away at full speed
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    They are both different... Oral comes and goes there whole life. Vaginal you are able to get rid of. So yes to the first one. Maybe to the 2nd one. I wouldn't have sex with them until it was gone but if they needed any help going to doctors and stuff i would help them out. I have a family of nurse and doctors so getting them the best help they could get would be easy.

This is for someone I REALLY liked not just some girl i just met.

No you can't. It can stay dormant but it is still there.

Deleted
    It would have be much more than "like." If I loved this woman? Yes. If not, hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If I had herpes.
    I guess if we had the same Herpes, wouldn't want two different kinds.

You realize a majority of the people in the world already have / have had some type of herpes?

Herpes, for the most part, isn't even that serious.

I am a peasant of the United States. I am not from royalty or a wealthy family. I choose to try to be happy the best I can and like my fellow humans, although, most suck. I am just a simple carbon based life form. However, if it was really bad herpes, then totally no, but if it was just a minor herpes case, then yes, I would not care especially if I really liked that person and they liked me back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanudis View Post
    Canker Sores are not caused by herpes, at least not always. They are simply oral ulcers that can be caused by a variety of things. Actually herpes outbreaks in the mouth are different.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker_Sore
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    You realize a majority of the people in the world already have / have had some type of herpes?

Herpes, for the most part, isn't even that serious.
    pretty much this..

also chicken pox/shingles is also a classified Herpes virus.. some people on this forum ar both uneducated and belligerent. some of the responses show outstanding levels of ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    pretty much this..

also chicken pox/shingles is also a classified Herpes virus.. some people on this forum ar both uneducated and belligerent. some of the responses show outstanding levels of ignorance
    I think it's easy to understand most people are thinking of genital herpes.
    At least that's what an educated person would be lead to believe after analysis.

Why would anybody in their right mind WILLINGLY have sex with someone that has an STD?

Not this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think it's easy to understand most people are thinking of genital herpes.
    At least that's what an educated person would be lead to believe after analysis.
    OP made it clear he was talking about oral AND genital herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    OP made it clear he was talking about oral AND genital herpes.
    I know but what I am saying is most of the people in this thread just like the guy above you are only thinking genital herpes.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you want to take the risk of contaminating your body with disease.

love is love and all but you have to live with your body...
    Hi

Not going to risk catching herpes for something that might just be a 2 month fling. If it was some serious relationship that was guaranteed to last decades, then yeah, probably, but I'd take every precautions necessary..

no, i don't like to date irresponsible women