Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    really guys come on this isnt the 1960's I mean yes it is two world super powers both with large amount of nuclear arms but were rational, Well atleast I think we are. I mean Russia vs America anything could really happen. I know we will probably get allot of help from the European Theater and maybe some in the African and South America ( these are just waht I am thinking im not sure ) But ether way. These country's shouldn't put ether country's people threw this I mean I don't want to see the end of humanity go while I am still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Seriously, they way we project our carrier fleets would be an act of war if it were any other nation. One strike group could level a couple before word go to the press. We have 5 (6?) of them.
    11 carriers with 2 more of the new class being built (and one every 5 years thereafter).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    You never know. World conflicts start over retarded reasons.

The second world war was started because some people (Jews) emigrated (from the Third Reich) to another country (to Poland).
    The first world war was started because a government (Serbia 1914/Syria 2013) was blamed (by Austria 1914/US 2013) for the acts of an insurgency group (Yugoslavic nationalists 1914/Syrian opposition 2013?).

It's been almost 100 years since WW1. I guess a hundred years is enough time for it to be forgotten and repeated. People pay too much attention towards how WW2 started rather than WW1.
    You are confusing what started the war and the causes for the war.
    The causes for a world war are much deeper and complicated, involving years and years of building tension between nations. Please educate yourself better.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-08-30 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    Now that Iraq and Afghanistan are winding down, the US military industrial complex needs some reason to run their trillion dollar businesses. Syria is a good excuse to get the US government to spend money on tanks, fighters, warships, rockets and so on, regardless of whether anything actually happens or not.

So no, it's not WWIII. It's just a government buying tanks they don't need when they've got thousands of tanks sitting in the desert, unused.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    http://www.thedailysheeple.com/escal...-strike_082013
    and
    http://america.aljazeera.com/
    yes I do belive everyone is bat shit crazy. Fightint over stupid shit when there are more pressing issues to deal with such as there are still starving children in developed countries.
    The fact that you just linked a website like the dailysheeple is scary where your train of thought is and how gullible you are. Not to mention the second link from aljazeera isn't even related to what you said. Its just saying that the UK doesn't want to help militarily.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Are Americans fucking crazy or something? Every time something happens war wise "its the start of WW3"...
    Please stop saying "Americans" like it is all of us. Stupid/Crazy people are Stupid/Crazy regardless of their location. The government, and especially random ass people on the internet don't represent me, or my views, so it is quite insulting to lump all of us together like that.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I see the thread is bashing the US even on the first page.
    Well, for me it looks like a playground for US basement patriots with "herpa derpa supapowah WE! CRASCH! WURLD!" attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    i feel that with internet, there is more awareness allover the world, and making WW3 happen would make the government look really bad
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

Ya know, of course everyone is entitled to their opinions, and I may think they're stupid, but you have the right to be stupid. As for everyone bashing America, let me just remind you.

WWI & WWII both started in Europe and had nothing to do with the US. The US stayed out of both wars as long as they reasonably could, and only intervened when the they were attacked specifically. Both wars ended relatively soon afterwards.

So yeah, the US polices the world. Why? 'Cuz the world needs to be policed, and no one else stepped up to fucking do it, or if they tried they couldn't get the shit done.

If the US doesn't intervene in these small conflicts they could very well turn into those big conflicts, and who do you think those other nations are going come to when the shit hits the fan?

The US has been policing the world for 60 years and will continue to, and WWIII isn't going to start because of US actions. As someone else already pointed out, the US spends more on their military than most other nations combined. No country is that stupid. No, not even North Korea. And most understand that the US actions are necessary.

Not to mention, even in this alternate reality where someone is stupid enough to attack the US, there aren't enough countries in the world that would go to war against the US to deem it a "world war." Best case scenario you're talking about Russia and parts of the Middle East. China may not like the US, but they can't afford to ally themselves against the US.
    Last edited by Pebble; 2013-08-30 at 09:10 AM.

Just like North Korea, we will forget this story in a week or so