For a start:
Active abilities I'd Get rid of/Redesign :
- Preparation, and build charges into all defensive rogue abilities. Straight away that free's up one slot.
- Redirect. It's not fun, it's just annoying and bloates. Put the bloody combo points on the rogue and be done with it.
- Recuperation and make it passive. All rogues would gain "some" health every 3 seconds, all the time, just because they're leather wearers.
- Faint because it's lost it's original purpose now, which was to manage threat but the game has changed since then. To compensate, I'd do something with evasion.
- Premeditation. It is fun, it's sort of useful too, but you just macro it to your stealth abilities and forget about it, sorry but times have changed since vanilla. It would be better to redesign or some kind of passive bonus for a sub rogue being in stealth, perhaps reducing cooldown regeneration whilst stealthed.
- Combat Readiness. It never really worked as an ability and no one would miss it at end game, that's why it's a talent at the moment but it should either be removed or get some kind of redesign treatment.
And now there are abilities I'd change:
- Slice and Dice. It's a huge passive damage increase but it stops our active ability damage from being made higher. I'd change slice and dice into a 20 second short cooldown, shared with Kidney shot. I'd reduce the duration but increase the power of the ability.
- Kidneyshot. So many classes get their stuns for free now, it's seems pointless the rogues are not treated in the same way. I'd remove the energy and combo point cost and share a cooldown with slice and dice.
Things to consider for changing:
- Merging fan of knives with shuriken toss and crimson blades with deadly throw.
Basically if you cast fan of knives when the target is not in range, it shuriken tosses, but you could probably do the same thing with a macro anyway to free up space, and sometimes you might not want do that so it's better to just choose your ability.
Other stuff that could be considered bloating
- Smoke bomb
- Expose armour
- Blind / distract (maybe distract could blind a target?)
Something should also be done about sprint and burst of speed too. Now that we have got burst of speed, I don't think it would be very breaking if sprint just had a short cooldown of say 15 seconds.