Deleted

5.4 Frost Two-Handed BiS

Anybody have idea what will be the BiS list for Two-Handed Frost DK?

Courtesy of Mendenbarr:

Helm: Helmet of Cyclopean Dread
    Neck: Malkorok's Tainted Dog Tags
    Shoulders: Tusks of Mannoroth
    Back: Gong-Lu, Strength of Xuen
    Chest: Breastplate of Cyclopean Dread
    Wrists: Bracers of Blind Hatred
    Hands: Gauntlets of Cyclopean Dread
    Waist: Ashen Wall Girdle
    Legs: Greaves of Cyclopean Dread
    Feet: Greaves of Sublime Superiority
    Ring 1: Devilfang Band
    Ring 2: Seal of the Forgotten Kings
    Trinket 1: Evil Eye of Galakras
    Trinket 2: Thok's Tail Tip
    Weapon: Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl

Note: The cloak starts out at 608 2/2 when you create it. Also, the heirloom weapons aren't upgradable which makes Desecrated Gorehowl BiS at 580 2/2 versus 574 for the heirlooms.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-08-29 at 01:36 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Thank you for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Note: The cloak starts out at 608 2/2 when you create it. Also, the heirloom weapons aren't upgradable which makes Desecrated Gorehowl BiS at 580 2/2 versus 574 for the heirlooms.
    Is this the expected plan or just what is currently happening on the PTR? I've seen reports that the Legendary cloak resets back to 600 ilvl and that the cloak will match whatever ilvl your Epic cloak was before becoming Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Is this the expected plan or just what is currently happening on the PTR? I've seen reports that the Legendary cloak resets back to 600 ilvl and that the cloak will match whatever ilvl your Epic cloak was before becoming Legendary.
    That's how it goes on the PTR currently. Originally the cloak was unupgradable and 600 ilevel which means they've changed it since. With that said, I don't believe there's been anything completely official on this but I'd say it's 99% safe to assume the cloak will start out at either 608 2/2 or simply at 608 without the item upgrades noted in the tooltip.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-08-29 at 03:10 PM.
    WCL

I know it says 'Frost', but has anyone looked into Blood's BiS list?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarUndead View Post
    I know it says 'Frost', but has anyone looked into Blood's BiS list?
    There is a Blood BiS thread on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by HashtagCry View Post
    There is a Blood BiS thread on the forums
    saw it, posted in it. thanks

I'm thinking about uncorking my DK. I only use UH. That makes this BiS for UH? Stat weights that similiar?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    I'm thinking about uncorking my DK. I only use UH. That makes this BiS for UH? Stat weights that similiar?
    I think UH is still going to be the same as 2H Frost, so this should be fine. Prioritize hit/exp (7.5%)>haste>mastery>crit>exp (15%)
    (I Think, its been a long time since I've looked into the stats priorities on UH, but the gear should be the same as frost)

What are the stat weights looking like with the latest sims? The set above appears to prefer mastey>crit>haste, but that doesn't seem right from a 2h perspective (surely it is the case for DW though). Realistically, it appears that all 3 secondary stats just plain stink for 2h. Crit is devalued by haste, haste is devalued by CD reduction trinket and the buffed plague leech leading to near rune/RP capping, and mastery just doesn't seem all that good either since the spec still revolves around obliterate. Seems like like DW scaling will drastically outpace 2h scaling too.

I think UH is still going to be the same as 2H Frost, so this should be fine. Prioritize hit/exp (7.5%)>haste>mastery>crit>exp (15%)
    (I Think, its been a long time since I've looked into the stats priorities on UH, but the gear should be the same as frost)
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/list=217032/5.4-unholy-no-4pc

Unholy doesn't pick up the 4 piece whereas both variants of Frost will. Unholy and 2H Frost both gem and gear crit > mastery > haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Semani View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/list=217032/5.4-unholy-no-4pc

Unholy doesn't pick up the 4 piece whereas both variants of Frost will. Unholy and 2H Frost both gem and gear crit > mastery > haste.
    Why does Unholy not go with the 4 piece? 4 piece looks better for unholy than for frost. Extend Timmy's buff vs adds root?

Deleted
    Why does Unholy not go with the 4 piece? 4 piece looks better for unholy than for frost. Extend Timmy's buff vs adds root?
    adds root? what?
    the 4p adds an extra frost dmg instance for every special move that hits your target. which scales with the mastery of the frost spec.

courtesy of mendenbarr:

Code:
    ~ By request:

These are ST rankings using the CD trinket.

2-set: 2.86%
    4-set: 5.07%
    Both: 8.14%

These are ST rankings without the CD trinket.

2-set: 2.85%
    4-set: 4.28%
    Both: 7.04%

These are 8 target ranking with the CD trinket.

2-set: 3.16%
    4-set: 5.40%
    Both: 8.79%

These are 8 target ranking without the CD trinket.

2-set: 3.16%
    4-set: 4.33%
    Both: 7.67%

The 4P for UH has been mathed out to be well underbudget (even after it being extended from 1.5s to 2.0s) and is likely not going to be too hot for UH. How much underbudget exactly, I can't recall unfortunately.
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Eloquenza View Post
    adds root? what?
    the 4p adds an extra frost dmg instance for every special move that hits your target. which scales with the mastery of the frost spec.
    When I read the dps 4 set, for frost, I thought it meant that it freezes mobs in place when pillar is up.

When I read the dps 4 set, for frost, I thought it meant that it freezes mobs in place when pillar is up.
    Sadly, no. It just launches a frostbolt at the target that doesn't slow/root.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Sadly, no. It just launches a frostbolt at the target that doesn't slow/root.
    Since we're commenting on the technicalities here, it actually impales the target with an icy spike from below.
    WCL

The Unholy 4 piece last I checked was worth about 2-2.5% of your damage on a single target. The biggest benefit from the bonus came from spending less runes on DT and therefore getting a couple of extra Scourge Strikes out. On AoE, this bonus is further diminished.