1. #1

    Question (Ret): Haste = Mastery = Crit?

    Hey everyone, getting some confusion on on stat weights at the moment. I ran my pally through Simcraft 3 times last night and every time I simmed her, it showed Haste and Mastery neck and neck with Crit very close behind.

    Haste - 2.06
    Mastery - 2.05
    Crit - 1.99

    Should I follow SimCraft's statweights or keep reforging/gemming full Haste?

    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A5ds/simple

  2. #2
    Blademaster Avengex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    44
    Hit and Exp cap first ofc, then Haste haste haste all the way. Items with crit/mastery you reforge crit to haste. No breakpoints for haste, you just want lower GCD and CDs on Crusader, Judgment etc etc.
    Gem 320 haste in yellow, 80 str 160 haste in red and 320 hit in blue.
    "-Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.*Some men just want to watch the world burn."
    - Nekrotik Warlock PvE
    - Avengex Paladin PvP
    - Cleaveage Warrior PvE/PvP

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Hit and Exp cap first ofc, then Haste haste haste all the way. Items with crit/mastery you reforge crit to haste. No breakpoints for haste, you just want lower GCD and CDs on Crusader, Judgment etc etc.
    Gem 320 haste in yellow, 80 str 160 haste in red and 320 hit in blue.


    Yeah, i'm aware of our normal stat weights, I was just confused because SimCraft ranked them so closely.
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

  4. #4
    How many iterations did you run? 10,000?

    Bump it up to 50,000 and you'll see a difference. Im simming your toon now at 50k to see what I get.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    How many iterations did you run? 10,000?

    Bump it up to 50,000 and you'll see a difference. Im simming your toon now at 50k to see what I get.
    I wasn't aware that increasing the iterations would make a huge difference. I'll try at 50k and see what results I get, but yeah, I was doing 10k iterations.
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    5,861
    Priorities about to get turned on it's head in 2 weeks so... yeah

  7. #7
    I simmed you at:

    haste 2.40
    mastery 1.98
    crit 1.77

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Priorities about to get turned on it's head in 2 weeks so... yeah
    Will it still be Haste > Mastery in 5.4?
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

  9. #9
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    85
    Hi

    Since str is the king, yup haste gonna be our best second stat

    More haste, u build HoPo faster and more TV's....

    Luck

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    5,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijin View Post
    Hi

    Since str is the king, yup haste gonna be our best second stat

    More haste, u build HoPo faster and more TV's....

    Luck
    since ratings are 2:1 compared with strenght EVERYTHING beats strength.

    Also false DP + 4 set = alot of mastery damage. 40% haste and 2 procs = GCD locked and likely exo will be used.... very sparingly should be off cooldown and waiting frequently.

    Most fights are add fights a single consistent add bulks up masterys value.

    A sustained dps build is the only solution next patch after 4 set because
    #1 CDR trinket makes static ICD trinket lineup and guardian lineup very infrequent which loses alot of "hammertime" power.
    #2 The low CD guardian will have with trinket 2 mins vs the ACTUAL 6 min CD on live it's used at trying to delay and lineup ANYTHING is 100% going to net you ability losses if you delay more then once an encounter.

    THE ONLY huge difference at the extremely favorable itemization next tier is 15% mastery for 10% haste or the reverse. Almost all this is done through gems because EVERY item should end up with both haste AND mastery in some fashion not counting gems.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-08-29 at 07:00 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    since ratings are 2:1 compared with strenght EVERYTHING beats strength.

    Also false DP + 4 set = alot of mastery damage. 40% haste and 2 procs = GCD locked and likely exo will be used.... very sparingly should be off cooldown and waiting frequently.

    Most fights are add fights a single consistent add bulks up masterys value.

    A sustained dps build is the only solution next patch after 4 set because
    #1 CDR trinket makes static ICD trinket lineup and guardian lineup very infrequent which loses alot of "hammertime" power.
    #2 The low CD guardian will have with trinket 2 mins vs the ACTUAL 6 min CD on live it's used at trying to delay and lineup ANYTHING is 100% going to net you ability losses if you delay more then once an encounter.

    THE ONLY huge difference at the extremely favorable itemization next tier is 15% mastery for 10% haste or the reverse. Almost all this is done through gems because EVERY item should end up with both haste AND mastery in some fashion not counting gems.

    You're talking about 4 set T16 right? I read somewhere in the forums that DP is a must when you get 4pc.
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"][/COLOR]
    TROLLS BE TROLLIN'

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    5,861
    Prolly in the huge thread with my name on it

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Hit and Exp cap first ofc, then Haste haste haste all the way. Items with crit/mastery you reforge crit to haste. No breakpoints for haste, you just want lower GCD and CDs on Crusader, Judgment etc etc.
    Gem 320 haste in yellow, 80 str 160 haste in red and 320 hit in blue.
    320hit gem in blue ? For a moment there I thought we were talking about 320 spirit and Holy Paladins.. :P

  14. #14
    I'm pretty sure in blue sockets most use 160 haste/160 hit. Some are even using 160 haste/160 stam because they are way over hit capped after reforging everything out of it.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I'm pretty sure in blue sockets most use 160 haste/160 hit. Some are even using 160 haste/160 stam because they are way over hit capped after reforging everything out of it.
    Its' 160haste/120stam, but yeah, I use those in ret set, since I still sit at 9% hit after all reforges. Stupid Zerat.
    Last edited by Lethora; 2013-08-30 at 08:22 AM.
    Lethora, 90 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 90 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU
    Raiding 25man, 10hrs/week, 13/14H.

  16. #16
    Yeah ... we see only one of shared-weapon during all the progress + farming .. stupid idea random BiS weapon :<

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •