I think a much better reward for updated content would be LFR ilvl gear.
It would provide a separate progression path with consistent and current rewards that can be updated.
I wouldn't even care if it used the personal loot (which I think sucks).
I know it isn't all about me, but I only want to raid on my main and maybe an alt. I much prefer running heroics on all my other alts.
I would like to see glowing/flaming/freezing aura effects for characters as rewards, to be combined with the trasmog sets sets from current challenge modes.
'Monogamy'? Is that one of the ways people in Boringland bore each other?
As for rewards for scaled old raids... I think that making a wide variety of rewards available would be the best way to go. Keep in mind these are just ideas, but the actual reward amounts would be balanced. You would get a scaled raids currency, and then be able to exchange that for whatever rewards you prefer. This would attract many different people to try them. For example:
1. Level up tokens - Similar to Recruit a Friend grantable levels. Only usable once every two levels (or limited at least somewhat so people still have to learn to play their class)
2. Profession level up tokens - No limit on these because you don't need to learn to play your profession o.O Also probably 5 levels per token.
3. Purchaseable flasks / potions / enchants / gems
4. Mounts / Pets / Transmog gear - But not as random drops, as purchasable items so that you can actually work towards them and cut out some of the RNG.
5. Justice Points / Honor Points
6. Valor / Conquest Points - At a lower rate than Justice / Honor.
7. Teleport Tokens - These would allow you to teleport to preset locations that don't already have portals. Think areas like Zangarmarsh, Arathi Highlands, Krasarang Wilds, Wintergrasp, etc. Also maybe Have Group Will Travel tokens.
That's all I can think of for now.
Challenge modes would require a little more tuning and work than I think they really want to put in to something like this. Scaling it so its actually fun at level and making it a full blown CM are two very different workloads.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...tting-updated/I also like the challenge of trying to solo older raids, but I guess that's just me.
Please take this is with a grain of salt, but I believe the current idea would be to still preserve the option to run content at their originally designed level if the player wishes to.
Why so much BRD hate? BRD for best instance ever. 5-man raid? FUCK YES. Reminds me of all the irrational complaining about gnomeregan...
I sincerely hope that if any work is diverted to making older raid content scale to max level that it's done in an accessible form.
So big -1 to challenge modes.
I honestly no need a reward to see these, what I would like would to have them in a random dungeon rotation at any level or max level.
Why read words when we can kill stuff the words tell us about?
You have dreamed of death, you thought to escape it. Now, my little puppet, death is all you will ever know.
NO ITEMS EEEVVVEEERRR!!!