10+ Year Old Account

World of Logs issue

Does anyone else get their Logs uploaded twice?

This happens to all our guild's people who have the right to upload logs. They appear twice (same log, uploaded by same person).
    The logs are recorded with autocombat logger and uploaded via the WoL client.

Can't say I've seen that... the only real WoL issue I'm aware of is that it flags every Horridon 10N kill as invalid, so nobody can rank on them. I use DBM's auto combat logging and the WoL client and I've never seen it upload twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/40121/ <- here are the logs... as you can see... It is rather annoying. And ye, I read about n Horridon.

DBM has autocombatlog capabilities? I need to look into that.

I've never seen ours uploaded twice.

But I don't think we've had one valid Horridon 10N kill this entire Tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/40121/ <- here are the logs... as you can see... It is rather annoying. And ye, I read about n Horridon.

DBM has autocombatlog capabilities? I need to look into that.
    I'm pretty sure it's from DBM, I could be wrong as I set it one day and have forgotten about it since :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    I've never seen ours uploaded twice.

But I don't think we've had one valid Horridon 10N kill this entire Tier.
    From what I understand it's because they hotfixed his health on 10N, and WoL never adjusted it so the log fails the min damage check as he has less health than it expects. They don't seem to care about fixing it though (presumably because it's "just" normal) which really sucks because last attempt my percentage thing on it was 141% so I should have ranked, but because it's invalid it doesn't rank me

10+ Year Old Account
    Again fresh logs, uploaded "twice"... Need to check DBM out (forgot today). Maybe the combat logger is the issue....

If you're talking about how there's a log entry for normals and an entry for heroics, that's always been the case. Other than that, all I'm seeing are logs where it looked like the log was cancelled and restarted in the middle of a raid, resulting in another set of logs.

Edit: For today's logs, I'm seeing two entries:
    Code:
     21:18     Throne of Thunder 10N
               Throne of Thunder 10H
    If that's what you're seeing, then it's perfectly normal. If you had done zero bosses on heroic, you'd just see the first line. If you'd done zero bosses on normal, you'd just see the second line. Since you're doing a mix, you'll see both lines.

Does that help?

If you want an example of this effect, look up the logs of some of the top guilds. I used Midwinter, since they're on my server. Most of their main raids just display the "Throne of Thunder 25H" line. I see one, however, that has both the "Throne of Thunder 25H" and "Throne of Thunder 25N" lines. That one shows a single wipe to Jin'rokh (which means they accidentally pulled on normal mode). I also see another one for their GDKP run, in which they kill heroic Jin'rohk and the rest on normal. Once again, that raid has two entries, one for normal and one for heroic.

In other words, what you are seeing is exactly what happens to every guild that uses WoL. It's been this way, afaik, since WotLK. Definitely since Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-29 at 10:42 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Our logs have been splitting and a chunk of our Lei Shen HC attempts are reported normal. not sure why

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than that, all I'm seeing are logs where it looked like the log was cancelled and restarted in the middle of a raid, resulting in another set of logs.
    I know that the Heroic and Normal are separate (sorry for not clarifying in first post), the annoying part is the double entries, like 2x n+hc logs. How can it be cancelled and restarted... And why does it make 2 entries then? Usually if you stopm logging via /combatlog command it still makes one single entry.

But how... or why does the add-on do that? Like cancel the logs. Been using Auto Combat Logger for a while now and in the few past weeks just have gotten that issue.

Deleted
    That sounds weird. I've never seen double entries like that before. I don't use any add-on to log, I just manually do /combatlog but if this issue started a few weeks ago and you've been using an add-on for much longer, it does seem weird.

If nobody here on MMO can provide any explanation, maybe you should try and send an email to the wowprogress team and ask? Maybe others have the same issue but never bothered posting on MMO about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

We're gonna try live logging next time and well I will try DBM logger out.
    If this kind of "fixes" the issue, we drop the add-on or if it doesn't then I think it is wise to contact WoL team.

And as for the /combatlog command... It is so easy to forget if you have to log/get DC/whichever , that's why the add-on.

Deleted
    Yeah, I can't count the times Jin'rokh has not been logged, cause I forgot to start it lol. But I've always been live logging without an add-on and never seen double entries.

It might not be WoL (mistakenly said wowprogress before) that's the issue, could it be one of the add-ons you're using? Might be worth checking the add-ons and see if anyone else have reported the same issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    On 15-08 and 21-08 you have two different people uploading logs. But what I'm thinking is happening is part way through the raid someone is uploading the WoL progress with kills that have happened so far that night. I don't see any duplicate data.

If you want to be able to check out each fight shortly after I suggest doing a live upload through the WoL client.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/loggerhead

Best addon i've come across for auto combat logging, means I never have to think about it anymore. Never had any issues with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The normal /combatlog still results in double "uploads" as well. So next time it'll be DBM and after that live upload...