Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    No they look at armor models. 90% of the character model is covered.
    Yeah because Wow does not have features like transmogrification or the option to hide helmets

That derp gnome face, I'd not have minded to make something as ugly as possible out of it and actually level it.

husband has done that with his female hunter dwarf, he can't join a pug or lfr without getting so many comments on just how he looks.

I for one think they're taking too much time. You're not gonna tell me that remaking character models takes as much time as making an entire game, which is the timeframe we're looking at now. I understand they're a bit scared about the whole process, but then give us some examples, so they can enjoy feedback of sorts. The current models just really don't do anymore.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Yeah because Wow does not have features like transmogrification or the option to hide helmets

Notice I said 90% and not all?

Quote Originally Posted by Crookids View Post
    The old races aren't being "updated". They are being re-created from the ground up. As a matter of fact, they stated it is EXTRA difficult to do this while maintaining the 'feel' of the old ones.
    Yes they are recreated from the ground. But they are talking about the models only here.
    Maybe updating a new model is more difficult then creating a new one.

This doesn't change the fact that creating a new race takes waaaay more time. Creating a new race isn't just creating models. See my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they need to throw more money at it so the new models are ready for launch of next expansion.. none of this 25% bs
    Why trow away money when there are so many people happy with the shamelessly tiny budgets? If anything Blizzard could go even slower and be praised by hordes of fans.. the longer the wait!

It would be kinda funny if they indeed delay models yet another expansion, and they turn out so horrible that even the fans are horrified. Now that would be worth the wait.

No they look at armor models. 90% of the character model is covered.
    I don't usually play human but when I do i want to know that i have a wrist not an oversized forearm

Don't think a face, arms, legs are only 10% of our character's body mate

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    people look at their character 100% of the time they are playing the game actually.
    yeah, from behind

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Why trow away money when there are so many people happy with the shamelessly tiny budgets? If anything Blizzard could go even slower and be praised by hordes of fans.. the longer the wait!

It would be kinda funny if they indeed delay models yet another expansion, and they turn out so horrible that even the fans are horrified. Now that would be worth the wait.
    Didn't they say this will be the last expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    I notice my character model..i wouldn't role different races if i didn't 0o playing a monk makes it even more obvious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've seen quite a few people with armor that only hides 10% of their body

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilsyde View Post
    Didn't they say this will be the last expansion?
    Nope, they never said that, infact heirlooms are coming in 5.4 for levels 90-100 so thats atleast 1 more expansion, if not 2, the only limit is the sky in terms of wow expansions, blizz have said as long as WoW makes money they'll keep adding new expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I've seen quite a few people with armor that only hides 10% of their body
    Also, they're improving the animations.
    Even when your body is fully covered in massive plate, you can still see the running & attacking animations.

Look at how cool garrosh sprints, that's just impressive.

I would also want an adjustable posture. Alot of the male characters are hunched over and look terrible, and so armor doesn't look like its painted on my well-toned rock solid body

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nope, they never said that, infact heirlooms are coming in 5.4 for levels 90-100 so thats atleast 1 more expansion, if not 2, the only limit is the sky in terms of wow expansions, blizz have said as long as WoW makes money they'll keep adding new expansions.
    Wonder where they will go after the next one?? They should just WOW 2 it up and then everyone will be happy with thier updated everything and fresh clean slate.

I would also want an adjustable posture. Alot of the male characters are hunched over and look terrible, and so armor doesn't look like its painted on my well-toned rock solid body

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder where they will go after the next one?? They should just WOW 2 it up and then everyone will be happy with thier updated everything and fresh clean slate.

Hate to burst your bubble but adjustable size and stuff, 3D armor, ... not going to happen.
    Maybe in wow 2.0.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW 2 will come someday I'm sure, don't think now is the time for that though, especially given every "X 2.0" MMO wants to take us 100-1000 years into the future, and theres still story left to be told.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

They still have the burning legion and the old gods to wrap up (Mostly azshara and n'zoth with the old gods).

Also i don't think many people would like loosing all their gear, mounts, pets, levels and having to start again, i'd certainly hate to loose my 200+ mount collection and my paladin :s

- - - Updated - - -

Anywho! back to the models.

Models could go either way, remember the druid models ? Some prefer the new to the old ones but personally i think they made the cat and bear too 'cute' compared to the old ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope the models have full voice / lip sync capabilities so that we can get more detailed ingame cinematics and so that machinima creators can make truly epic work
    Hi

The problem with taking their time is that if it takes too long, no one will be around to care. Their last comment on it made it sound like it's not taking that long after all, though.

What scares me is that they really make it sound like they're trying to make these model upgrades as literal as possible, as to not upset people who might really like the way their characters look now. It's a noble goal, but part of the reason most people want model upgrades is because they have a lot of issues with the current models and animations. My personal example is the tauren. I liked the tauren in Warcraft III, I like the tauren in the lore, and I still like the tauren in the art. In game? They're these hideous, no-necked, hunchbacked abominations that run like bouncy plantigrade muppets, and not like a big noble race with hooves. They look like a sports mascot, not a minotaur.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You know changing a Character Model isn't just about money?
    Money buys graphics contractors who can finish a race's new model and choices in a couple months. Money buys ten graphics contractors who can finish them all in one. Maybe another month for a couple programmers to make sure the new models work within the existing engine.

Blizzard uses so much "in-house only" tactics with these things that they end up with those silly, red-faced-from-laughter, awful excuses like "well, if we added another layer of texture to this city, the next raid will be delayed." Meaning they use the same teams for everything and have almost no one who's ever not booked for months at a time.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2013-08-29 at 07:02 PM.