Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    When did Garrosh became this evil?

    So i'm lvl'ing a blood elf atm and just finished the Stonetalon questline, and I'm wandering does blizzard have just very bad character development or did I miss something?

    This is the dialogue after you drop the bomb on some druid base:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4RTB5LxJ0U
    Can someone explain to me how he became from this crude but honorable warchief to this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ

    Blizzard pretty much stated that he is not corrupted or influenced in any case so wtf?
    Last edited by Taqaroph; 2013-08-29 at 06:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord Harmonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    920
    I don't really think he's evil. Which is what's so brilliant about the storyline.

    He's just trying to do what's best for his people, and has gotten misguided somewhere.

  3. #3
    Garrosh was never honorable

  4. #4
    In patch 5.4 because he has to become a raidboss people would enjoy fighting...
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  5. #5
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,130
    Desperate times call for desperate measures

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    He's just trying to do what's best for his people, and has gotten misguided somewhere.
    same story with Arthas and Kael, and maybe a lil with Illidian
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I don't really think he's evil. Which is what's so brilliant about the storyline.

    He's just trying to do what's best for his people, and has gotten misguided somewhere.
    Pretty sure in the 5.4 trailer he's just plain evil.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I don't really think he's evil. Which is what's so brilliant about the storyline.

    He's just trying to do what's best for his people, and has gotten misguided somewhere.
    What people? the entire horde is in civil war against him? exept for his personal Kor'kron

  8. #8
    September 25th, 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Taqaroph View Post
    What people? the entire horde is in civil war against him? exept for his personal Kor'kron
    His people being the Orcs, the vast majority of whom agree with his mentality and methods.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  9. #9
    The most important thing that this expansion teaches us is that the Horde is superiour to the Alliance military-wise, or at least the Warsong are.

    Just think of it. Everyone shitting their pants because Warsong kicked everyone's asses on Pandaria and even managed to conquer the Vale? If the Horde hadn't turned on itself the Alliance would've been defeated and everyone would've ended up impaled on the docks of Stormwind apparently.

    All hail Warsong, is what I've to say to that.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,567
    He was wearing his Cape of Hiding Evilness all along... until he lost it.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Taqaroph View Post
    So i'm lvl'ing a blood elf atm and just finished the Stonetalon questline, and I'm wandering does blizzard have just very bad character development of all time or did I miss something?

    This is the dialogue after you drop the bomb on some druid base:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4RTB5LxJ0U
    Can someone explain to me how he became from this crude but honorable warchief to this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slzQOyS5TqQ

    My only explanation is is that he is corrupted but blizzard pretty much stated that this isn't the case so wtf?
    There was a recent lore interview which gave a decent answer to that question. Basically what you refer is just an instance of Garrosh displaying honorable ethics rather than a display of him being a firm believer in them. The trajectory of the character is that of a sad little orc crushed by the weight of the legacy of his father only to be offered a second chance as it were by Thrall in Nagrand who empowers him, but with each success Garrosh achieves he gets a little more power hungry and a little more absolute in his beliefs about the Horde. Basically the Stonetalon Garrosh is an anomaly and was never the rule. Garrosh was only ever "corrupted" by himself.

  12. #12
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    All hail Warsong, is what I've to say to that.
    'Lok'tar Ogar Big Brother, May the Warsong never fade'

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Taqaroph View Post
    What people? the entire horde is in civil war against him?
    one of the reasons why he desired war was to conquer lands to garner greater resrouces and prosperity for the Horde, if that was only possible through Alliance blood he didnt give a fuck
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Garrosh was never honorable


    Garrosh is one of the most flippity floppity characters in the game. From depressed, to war monger, to an honorable warchief, to whatever the hell he is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Garrosh is one of the most flippity floppity characters in the game. From depressed, to war monger, to an honorable warchief, to whatever the hell he is now.

    Sounds like a Clown to me

    --=="The Light and How To Swing It"==--

  15. #15
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Garrosh is one of the most flippity floppity characters in the game. From depressed, to war monger, to an honorable warchief, to whatever the hell he is now.
    Does not mean it happened for very little or valid reasons

    For example going from depressed to full of eagerness and bravado makes perfect sense.
    Garrosh is a Hellscream it is in his blood to be agressive and headstrong, the only reason he wsnt because he was weighed down by the deeds of his father. So once Thrall relives him of that burden guess whats left?
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-08-29 at 06:35 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    Sounds like a Clown to me
    Or poor character development.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Does not mean it happened for very little or valid reasons
    I don't think so either. I'd rather they didn't cave in to players complaining and just followed through with their story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  17. #17
    Yeah, he doesn't flip flop as much as people think. It's been progressive with desperation and frustration of failure pushing him further and further.

    I think Garrosh's entire plot is summed up as "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

    Or as Kosak recently said.......the druids weren't combatants......waste of a good bomb.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  18. #18
    When he sent the horde player on a suicide mission in Borean Tundra.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Or as Kosak recently said.......the druids weren't combatants......waste of a good bomb.
    Yep. Plus it became 'public'. Even Garrosh cares (or cared) about PR!

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    The most important thing that this expansion teaches us is that the Horde is superiour to the Alliance military-wise, or at least the Warsong are.

    Just think of it. Everyone shitting their pants because Warsong kicked everyone's asses on Pandaria and even managed to conquer the Vale? If the Horde hadn't turned on itself the Alliance would've been defeated and everyone would've ended up impaled on the docks of Stormwind apparently.

    All hail Warsong, is what I've to say to that.
    Well, the Warsong is indeed amazing (military speaking).

    They always were, under the leadership of Grom. And as I said before, it takes the entire horde + Alliance to take Garrosh and his ''True Horde'' down.
    That's quite a feat, specially considering that Orcs aren't that numerous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •