Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mini Mr. Sparkles sells for $700 on eBay

A handful of codes were issued at Gamescom for an ingame mini Mr. Sparkles.
    Someone just sold one on eBay for EUR 526 or US $700

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Guild-War...-/111151369870
    Valar morghulis

Cannot even begin to comprehend the reason someone would do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    What? Buying or selling? Because selling I can totally understand for THAT price. Buying on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Tintenkiller View Post
    What? Buying or selling? Because selling I can totally understand for THAT price. Buying on the other hand...
    yeah I think he means why would someone pay that kind of price for a virtual item, and a mini pet at that

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember people spending goodly amounts of IRL cash for TGC mounts in WoW, same kinda thing.

Anyway makes this contest where they are giving away both the Pocketwatch and 2 mini Mr. Sparkles a bit more interesting, eh?
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/guildwars/co...watch-and-more
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yeah I think he means why would someone pay that kind of price for a virtual item, and a mini pet at that
    same reason people buy items in D3, same reason people spend thousands on f2p games. Because they have money to spend, and they like to be one of the few people with said item.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintenkiller View Post
    Oh I'd totally sell it if I had it and knew I could get such an absurd price for it. And I'd laugh the whole way to the bank [figuratively].

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will use it or hold on to it for investment. There's rumors they will be handing out codes at PAX this weekend also.

But it would be totally bitchin to see an asura made up like Zojja with a mini Mr. Sparkles in game
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    same reason people buy items in D3, same reason people spend thousands on f2p games. Because they have money to spend, and they like to be one of the few people with said item.
    Thing is, for whatever reason, (also might just be me) I don't even notice minipets in this game.

In every other MMO I've played in the past 15 or so years I noticed unique weapons/armors/mounts/minis... in GW2 every now and then I take note if someone has an interesting mix of armor, but that's it.

Thing is, for whatever reason, (also might just be me) I don't even notice minipets in this game.
    Same. Although, it could also be that people simply don't use them very much. GW2's mini system is a bit antiquated in terms of needing to have it in your inventory, which is one of the main reasons I don't bother with them myself.

Deleted
    Wow... that's insane! EUR 526 for one mini pet O_O

And agreed , I hardly ever notice minis.

I would even have sold it for 50 bucks.

As for buying. There is a lot of ppl who do not value money. Who dont have to work for it and know what it is to be poor or having bills or having to actualy work for their cash
    Its easy to spend 700 bucks on a item when you got the 700 showed up your arse from parents or some other retarded way and you didnt have to work for the money

Deleted
    Minis are rare & a waste of time in gw2.
    Die, have to click mini, go to new zone, have to re click & so on. Can`t even use them in yolo join.

As for selling, I`d do that for sure, but would never buy for real money. Seems a waste for a bunch of pixels you`ll rarely even notice.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funniest thing is there's a 1euro postage fee, haha!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Funniest thing is there's a 1euro postage fee, haha!
    That's if you want the actual card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pets just seem to be a bit of a waste of time, I rarely notice them. Kudos to the guy who sold it.

There are minipets that sell for a couple thousand in WoW so it's not all that surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I remember people spending goodly amounts of IRL cash for TGC mounts in WoW, same kinda thing.

Anyway makes this contest where they are giving away both the Pocketwatch and 2 mini Mr. Sparkles a bit more interesting, eh?
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/guildwars/co...watch-and-more
    Can buy the pocket watch on amazon for like $60 though :P

http://www.amazon.com/Avalon-Mechani...d_sbs_watch_15

still kind of cool that they sent those out.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

remember, the rich are rich, spending $700 for a rich person is like spending a few cents for an average person

That is crazy. Then again, so many people bought legendaries for cash too. It's just the nature of GW2 to attract these kind of gamers. And hey if you have a lot of money IRL and like to play video games, why not.