Deleted

demonology pvp build and rotation

I began to play demonology warlock in ptr and using common sense I got some idea on how to play warlock. All constructive critisism is welcome.

This is for 5.4

Talents & glyph
    http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculat...BKXhLLTLLUA27k

Rotation priority
    1. aura of enfeeblement & corruption at beginning
    2. hand of guldan & soulfire
    3. demonic slash
    4. immolation aura

Defensive cooldown:
    1. dark bargain
    2. unending resolve
    3. fury ward
    4. all three fear

Offensive cooldown:
    1. summon terror guard
    2. summon abyssal
    3. dark soul knowledge
    4. pet special
    5. demonic leap
    6. garrion swarm

How to play:
    At first I usually follow rotation priority described earlier. When I decide to burst, I pop up all offensive cooldown, sometimes together with defensive cooldowns like dark bargain. Fury ward works as second trinket which helps a lot. Demon gates and teleports also useful but I often forget them.

I am most of the time in dark apotheosis form, but sometimes if I have a lot of demonic power I will switch in metamorphosis. My biggest issue now is to understand what is the point of dark apotheosis in a sense that why should I be outside of it since it removes channel from hellfire and makes shadowbolth instant.

This is not meant to be any kind of definitive guide on how to play warlock, but rather I am trying to describe how I am playing currently, and maybe it gives some tip to people wanting to learn something.
    Last edited by mmoc090a203492; 2013-08-29 at 07:57 PM.

Not trying to be rude or anything but you aren't even close...

Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaRpItX1Xks

This will teach you everything you need to know about Demo PvP, yes its long but it is well worth the time to watch... It's a very well done guide on demo PvP imo.

Deleted
    Thanks, I will check that.

Forgot to mention, that I started to play warlock for the first time today. Created lvl 90 character in ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Thanks, I will check that.

Forgot to mention, that I started to play warlock for the first time today. Created lvl 90 character in ptr.
    I figured and thats fine, hence why I linked the vid, it will help you out a lot, you can skip to where he actually starts to show you builds and rotations but I do recommend watching the whole thing (until he gets to the arena part, unless you want arena tips as well) it will help you a ton.

Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I am most of the time in dark apotheosis form, but sometimes if I have a lot of demonic power I will switch in metamorphosis. My biggest issue now is to understand what is the point of dark apotheosis in a sense that why should I be outside of it since it removes channel from hellfire and makes shadowbolth instant.
    Whenever you switch in or out of DA, you lose all fury above 200. Even if you build up 1000 fury during DA, as soon as you switch to meta to burst, it will instantly drop to 200, meaning you lose a lot of damage.

Also, it seems you rely way to much on spamming DL during DA. While you can survive 1v1 for ages, you lack the damage to kill anything with good self healing or healer support.

EDIT: It might also be wise not to use KJC and use Archimondes whatever instead allowing you burst twice as often.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-08-30 at 06:10 AM.