Dark Apotheosis and KJC nerf

I know this isn't a highly used glyph, but personally I love it - and use it for all sorts of things. With the nerf to KJC, the only filler ability a DA warlock is capable of using while moving is void ray - not ideal. Its other fillers are drain life, and soul fire.

So, I was thinking about the spec in general, and what I would fix if I could:

Really really wants / things I consider broken.
    -taunt that works on boss-units (ie, not a 'provoke').
    -filler usable while moving - even fel flame rather than void ray - in a perfect world, soulfire/drainlife while moving. Soulfire could be an interesting mechanic - it wouldn't be op in pvp, and would let you stack up charges to move, or take a +casttime hit. It does still cost fury - so it isn't a true filler, but you don't typically run short of fury unless you are aoe'ing.

If they were to make it a valid tank spec / probably not gona happen any time soon
    -Ability to queue as tank :P
    -pve crit immunity + being considered a tank for boss ability selection
    -Vengence mechanic - less concerned about this, so long as we can taunt the boss, the utility is fine.
    -Make its casttimes not negate avoidance - less of an issue as we would stack mitigation(mastery) rather than avoidance stats as a 'real' tank.

Any thoughts?

I have it on good authority DA glyph is one of the things they would disinvent if they could. That said the combo of DA + HL (glyph'd) is going to be the new sexy for solo'ing. At the very least KJC should include DL/HL....for all specs.

Last I heard Blizzard is not too keen on warlocks being viable tanks :<

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? KJC is getting BUFFED.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Yeah, at this point I think it would be better if they gave up on the quasi-tanking thing and made it a melee dps option, or just yanked it entirely. With no intent for fourth spec, or depurification, leaving it how it is is really lame.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    What are you talking about? KJC is getting BUFFED.
    For Apotheosis, it is a nerf. It no longer works for Drain Life or Soul Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Yeah, at this point I think it would be better if they gave up on the quasi-tanking thing and made it a melee dps option, or just yanked it entirely. With no intent for fourth spec, or depurification, leaving it how it is is really lame.

Edit:

When was the last time tanks were supposed to kite a raid boss around full fight? You face tank and sit still. But anyways, KJC is a change for the better overall for the class.

Deleted

Edit:

They gave up on it right before releasing it. Some people just don't want to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right, sorry, I missed the apotheosis part.
    But since it's not officially a tanking spec (even if it's viable in heroic dungeons etc) there's really no point using it - it can't help you with queue times or anything.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Oh right, sorry, I missed the apotheosis part.
    But since it's not officially a tanking spec (even if it's viable in heroic dungeons etc) there's really no point using it - it can't help you with queue times or anything.
    I would disagree - I used it on h lei shen tonight, because my platform doesn't have a tank, and there is always a new guy or two who screw up - it doesn't take much to beat out siphen life glyph, and it has an added benefit when I end up solosoaking static shock.

It isn't viable in most standard fights, and that is fine, but the whole point of a glyphs is they aren't mandatory always things, otherwise they should be base, or removed.

Edit, to clarify, while I *have* this glyph equipped - I obviously only use it as a survival cd / adds pickup cd on h lei shen :P
    I do tank bosses that don't require tank swaps though.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-08-29 at 12:48 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see much of an issue, tanks typically aren't moving constantly with most bosses. We have demonic slash, HoG and Immolation aura to keep threat. It is little pain about Drainlife though, I am REALLY going to miss harvest life though...such an awesome looking effect.

Unless I am missing something, demonic slash doesn't exist any more - it still is in some set bonus flavour text, that is about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    Unless I am missing something, demonic slash doesn't exist any more - it still is in some set bonus flavour text, that is about it.
    It's your filler spell in dark apotheosis

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's your filler spell in dark apotheosis
    Oh, it is the rename of shadowbolt - never noticed, just spammed my existing /cast shadowbolt macro :P
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-08-30 at 06:15 AM.