Deleted

Tablet recommendations?

Howdy.

I'm moving to Uni soon and I'm after a small tablet to use for

• Web Browsing
    • Taking Notes (Most work will be done in a Computer Lab so I have little need for the ability to write lots away from my Desktop PC)
    • Playing some games (I'm thinking things along the lines of MTG or even some older titles that have been ported over recently)

I don't want 3G functionality since I do not want to pay reoccurring costs.

I don't really have a budget either, so the cheapest things that could handle this stuff would be ideal but I can say I'd be happy spending around £200-£300 on one.

Currently I'm attracted to the iPad Mini. I'm not bothered about a lack of in-depth control over the OS since it's not my primary computer device, but any alternatives that would allow that would be nice. The size also appeals to me, I don't want to have to carry a hefty tablet around but a smartphone is just too small to be useful.

The ability to store some music and video files (Outside of those on iTunes) would be nice as well so something other than an Apple device would score a point in those regards.

Honestly, whilst I know what I want I'm not very mobile savvy. I've been using PC for ages to do stuff and I've never had the need for a portable/mobile device.

Many thanks,
    Desp

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nexus 7 (new version). Best one out there.

For easier note taking, you could get a bluetooth keyboard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Nexus 7 (new version). Best one out there.

For easier note taking, you could get a bluetooth keyboard.
    There was an app on the Apple App Store that allowed you to take PDF, PowerPoint, all sorts of files and make notes over them using fingers, a stylus or with text. Hopefully something like that is available for more than iOS.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    There was an app on the Apple App Store that allowed you to take PDF, PowerPoint, all sorts of files and make notes over them using fingers, a stylus or with text. Hopefully something like that is available for more than iOS.
    Yes there seem to be several options on the Google App Store. Most app developers nowadays make versions for both iOS and Android.

http://android.appstorm.net/roundups...-for-students/ is a list of these and other apps for students.