Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

So I'm almost positive I got friend zoned...

I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks, almost every day. Typical dates, go out to eat, end with a kiss, went mini golfing too because I am such a child. I learned so much about him, and I am really into him, he was into me yada yada no one cares. Then he goes back to college (like 15 mins away from me). He took me to his dorm room and we hung out a bit on his first day there before his roommate arrived, had a nice time.

Then after that, he has just been distant. I was like, eh whatever, he's a full time student now and he works part time, he is just busy. But I haven't talked to him in like 3 days, and I texted him today "Hey, hows it going? hope school is good", and we went back and forth and he said "I feel like a terrible friend for not talking to you." That freakin' word. "Friend". Then I was like "its whatever, i wont keep you. byeee"

I hate men. Especially gay men. #single4life
    (yes I'm gay, no stereotypical hate here)

Deleted
    Don't let yourself get friend zoned, problem solved. Why is this shit so difficult?

If you consider theres a chance your friend zoned you defenetly are.

Some people just dont want to date you. This friendzone bullshit has gotten out of hand. It isnt some fallback justification to protect your feelings. If they arent interested, they arent interested. Find someone else.

Also, not really on topic but none the less I feel it should be mentioned, mini golfing is an incredible date idea. I went with my now girlfriend when we first started going out and it was quite an enjoyable, relaxing way to get to know each other without it being the primary focus of the date (like it would be during dinner). Would recommend.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Don't let yourself get friend zoned, problem solved. Why is this shit so difficult?
    Can't really prevent a friend zoning, haha. Just depends on the other person. Some just don't have the same feels.

Guys don't kiss friends.

if you're in doubt show him the goods. then you will know for sure one way or the other
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Maybe he was just curious during summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    Some people just dont want to date you. This friendzone bullshit has gotten out of hand. It isnt some fallback justification to protect your feelings. If they arent interested, they arent interested. Find someone else.

Also, not really on topic but none the less I feel it should be mentioned, mini golfing is an incredible date idea. I went with my now girlfriend when we first started going out and it was quite an enjoyable, relaxing way to get to know each other without it being the primary focus of the date (like it would be during dinner). Would recommend.
    This point can't be emphasized enough.

It should be illegal to say friend zone. If they won't reciprocate romantic interest then don't be their friend. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    This is exactly right.

Put out sooner next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sounds like you were more invested than him..sucks =\
    Just do your thing and find someone else who's into you

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Put out sooner next time.
    Oh lord... spat my coffee.

@OP, you're a guy, dead set just ask ffs, coming from a heterosexual guy who has been in that situation a tonne with other chicks worst thing to do is wait. Just ask him straight up, if he says no move on, no reason just holding onto false hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I've been seeing this guy for a few weeks, almost every day. Typical dates, go out to eat, end with a kiss, went mini golfing too because I am such a child. I learned so much about him, and I am really into him, he was into me yada yada no one cares. Then he goes back to college (like 15 mins away from me). He took me to his dorm room and we hung out a bit on his first day there before his roommate arrived, had a nice time.

Then after that, he has just been distant. I was like, eh whatever, he's a full time student now and he works part time, he is just busy. But I haven't talked to him in like 3 days, and I texted him today "Hey, hows it going? hope school is good", and we went back and forth and he said "I feel like a terrible friend for not talking to you." That freakin' word. "Friend". Then I was like "its whatever, i wont keep you. byeee"

Best advise I can give:

Don't ask the Internet, Ask the guy you are interested in. We can not tell you what he is thinking or feeling.

When you get a chance, call him up..don't text ,don't facebook, don't email. Be a big boy and call him. Tell him you would really like to get together, go have dinner together. While you have his attention, tell him that you are interested in being more than friends.

Be wise about the delivery, he is in school full time and with a part time job, express your willingness to take things slow so that you do not add pressure ontop of his other priorities.

But dammit! Talk to him about it. Don't be a pussy, that will only leave you in the friend zone and left with months of "what if's"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destroxo View Post
    Oh lord... spat my coffee.

@OP, you're a guy, dead set just ask ffs, coming from a heterosexual guy who has been in that situation a tonne with other chicks worst thing to do is wait. Just ask him straight up, if he says no move on, no reason just holding onto false hope.
    What this guy said! Do It
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense to OP but I hate the uprising of this "friendzone* word. Is it such a bad thing that someone would rather be friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post

He may have just found the space to be refreshing. I wouldn't want to see a woman I was only dating for a few weeks every day.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    No offense to OP but I hate the uprising of this "friendzone* word. Is it such a bad thing that someone would rather be friends?
    If only people could turn off their feelings on demand.

Deleted
    I was/am friendzoned at the moment because I didn't have the balls to ask her out during the time we started to get to know each other and talked for hours upon hours. I believe the same mistake applies to your situation.

Deleted
    Yeah sucks, happened to me a couple times, you may convince yourself there is still hope, you may continue to try and earn their love, hell, maybe you'll succeed, but it's not worth the heart ache, force yourself to move on, I'll be frank, it sure as hell isn't easy, but it's possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    My lover is also my best friend, and from time to time we just call each other friend instead of "love" or "baby".

He might have also found someone else. People tend to do that when they go off to college. Although if that did happen and he didn't have the balls to just come out and say it then he's a pretty shitty person.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"