Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    anthropomorphs for underwater

    Nudibranch (this one's fairly flexible)
    Jellyfish/man o' war (man o' war-man-woman would be awesome)
    barnacle (nsfw though it may be)
    Starfish or Sponge would probably draw some fire from the lolpandas crowd
    Yes. More.

    Making up monsters is all I want to do now.

    there aren't whale people yet, are there?
    Oh my God there aren't.

  2. #22
    I'd love to tackle this one.

    Remember the Giant Snails, Crystal-Turtles and spiders prior to Ji-Kun in the Thunder King Raid. Products of scavengers off of the run off of Titanic Power of fleshshaping experiments. The Waters in the veil may be more pure but they also are Titan empowered. The water from the Veil flows directly into the heartland infusing every living creature plant animal or otherwise with abundant life energy. So much energy that even the rabbits have gained a higher intelligence and size. The Jinyu, Hozen and possibly the Pandaren are all products of Titanic evolution through the waters of the Veil.

    I may be dating myself but think of the Mutagenic ooze from Ninja Turtles.

  3. #23
    I'll explain them: They are blizzard's version of the Rabbids from Rayman: Raving Rabbids;

    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  4. #24
    The reason the rabbits are there is that one of the devs read Watership Down and liked it so much he had to put it in the game.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    If we go underwater, what is there that we haven't already gotten? Shark ogres? Snail-giants?
    We'll get packs of Gastropods and sharks with frickin' laserbeams, it will be epic beyond belief... O_O

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The reason the rabbits are there is that one of the devs read Watership Down and liked it so much he had to put it in the game.
    Watership Down is hardcore. If someone could read the book, or watch the cartoon, and come away with the idea for Virmen then they much be severely impacted mentally frail people.

    I'd play a Watership Down MMO. I'd roll Owl though.

  7. #27
    Dreadlord MetalheroDamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where ever I am, there I am.
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its like this.

    <Snip>

    The waters of the vale is actually mountain dew btw.
    Um...Forgive me if this is obvious, but what happened to the badger? If the group make up is to believed, the became a grummel, but...the grummels aren't badgerish at all.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

    -Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

  8. #28
    Explain the crazy rabbits in MoP?
    Old Gods

    /10char

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Um...Forgive me if this is obvious, but what happened to the badger? If the group make up is to believed, the became a grummel, but...the grummels aren't badgerish at all.
    He was going to include an image that made more sense, but was struggling to find a picture of an actual beaver on the internet.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    anthropomorphs for underwater

    Nudibranch (this one's fairly flexible)
    Jellyfish/man o' war (man o' war-man-woman would be awesome)
    barnacle (nsfw though it may be)
    Starfish or Sponge would probably draw some fire from the lolpandas crowd

    there aren't whale people yet, are there?
    Will be crab/squid/octopus

    also doubtful Whales if indeed next expansion is deep underwater because they are Cetaceans and have to breath air, although i guess a magic Whale might not need too.
    Last edited by akamurdoch; 2013-08-30 at 06:58 AM.
    "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

  11. #31
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yes. More.

    Making up monsters is all I want to do now.



    Oh my God there aren't.
    Two words:

    Platypus. People.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its like this.



    The waters of the vale is actually mountain dew btw.
    Yep, that's pretty much it.

  13. #33
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,121
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Yep, that's pretty much it.
    Who considers praying mantises and frilled lizards to be fluffy...
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  14. #34
    Dreadlord MetalheroDamien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Where ever I am, there I am.
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Who considers praying mantises and frilled lizards to be fluffy...
    I also like that he went to the trouble of finding a picture of a frilled lizard, and used a picture of an un-frilled Saurok. Do saurok even HAVE frills?
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

    -Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

  15. #35
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,645
    When I first leveled up to 90 with my affliction warlock those god damn low hp rabbits caused me to rage hard. So annoying trying to kill a bunch of them with seed of corruption. So annoying.

  16. #36
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    I also like that he went to the trouble of finding a picture of a frilled lizard, and used a picture of an un-frilled Saurok. Do saurok even HAVE frills?
    Some do; the "sea dragon" ones on isle of thunder, for example, have Frills.


    But they're supposed to be mutated basilisks.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm going to take a stab at their origins - if you look closely they actually have rat-like tails so I'm going to assume they are an offshoot of Kobolds (who in turn are apparently a form of Trogg).
    Blizzcon 2011 Panels compared Virmen to Kobolds so they may be related. Which would make them a type of Earthen that was affected with the Curse of Flesh or descended from creatures that were.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    When I first leveled up to 90 with my affliction warlock those god damn low hp rabbits caused me to rage hard. So annoying trying to kill a bunch of them with seed of corruption. So annoying.
    Those virmen fuckers can kill you in a wide variety of places even if you're level 90 and kinda-geared. If you charge enthusiastically into some of the burrows you will pull 6, 12, maybe more of them of varying sizes, and if you are a pathetic undergeared pally or druid or whatever you are just so hosed.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its like this.



    The waters of the vale is actually mountain dew btw.
    You sir are epic.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    He was going to include an image that made more sense, but was struggling to find a picture of an actual beaver on the internet.
    Grummels come from Troggs, semi-created by the Mogu.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •