Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why is it possible to do raid achievements in flex mode?

Why not expand to LFR as well. I don't see any difference. Why should't i be able to complete them in LFR when people can do them in flex. The difficulty is nearly identical. Something for blizzard to consider.

Because flex at the very least takes the minimal effort needed to form a group, and because flex is meant to drag more players from lfr to actually try raiding.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting 25 random people to all agree on doing achievements is recipe for disaster. Trolls, people who want to zerg, people who wanna afk through it, etc.

Also, LFR will see the following:

PlayerA: Guys me and my 6 buddies are doing the achieves, since we're tanks and healers you don't get a say.
    (Insert protesting and agreeing from other various players)
    (Proceed wiping because people don't want to do it, do it wrong, or the achievement was missed so a wipe is forced for a do-over)

Please do not ever in LFR no never. I'm saying this as a LFR hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    dat entitlement

I actually agree with you. Achievements should be reserved for normal/heroic (though nobody does achievements during heroic runs but whatever) and not flex.

It's going to be *significantly* easier to do all the achievements on flex.

Herding cats would be easier than convincing LFR to attempt (much less succeed at) any achievements.

They're allowing achievements in flex mode because heroic guilds don't want to stop doing heroic bosses just to get normal mode achievements.

Good luck getting the other 15 people in your LFR to agree to doing achievements.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-30 at 01:19 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Also, LFR will see the following:

PlayerA: Guys me and my 6 buddies are doing the achieves, since we're tanks and healers you don't get a say.
    (Insert protesting and agreeing from other various players)
    (Proceed wiping because people don't want to do it, do it wrong, or the achievement was missed so a wipe is forced for a do-over)

Please do not ever in LFR no never. I'm saying this as a LFR hero.
    Considering this is exactly what happens in random heroics I agree with you 100%
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Achievements require coordination, which LFR just isn't built for. Adding it to flex is mostly to give progression raiders an easier time. If you're progressing through HC modes, also going for the achievements becomes very hard, as you're saved for the bosses, which were hard enough as it is on HC. Flex is a separate lockout, so gives those people a shot at them.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Why not expand to LFR as well. I don't see any difference. Why should't i be able to complete them in LFR when people can do them in flex. The difficulty is nearly identical. Something for blizzard to consider.
    Glad you know that Flex is as difficult as LFR. /sarcasm

With that said. Flex is suppose to be harder than LFR, but easier than normal. Plus LFR requires no organization / effort by the entire group. Flex will at least require organization and some effort. Plus getting people to agree to do an achievement in LFR is like stabbing your eye out. At least in Flex you'll have people who are actually wanting to be there for various reasons rather than to queue, grab loot and leave.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Getting 25 random people to all agree on doing achievements is recipe for disaster. Trolls, people who want to zerg, people who wanna afk through it, etc.
    Thread can be closed now.

Blizzard said because it's really hard to do a lot of achievements while in heroic mode while still progressing on content and it gives people and guilds chances to work on achievements while progressing.

You're in for a surprise if you think Flex is same difficulty as LFR.

I'm happy they do this, I might actually finally be able to do those achievements, since we always skip them because we don't wanna do normal modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes it so much easier to get the Glory achievements done if it doesn't interfere with heroic raids (unless said achievements were like say, Ulduar style). The amount of QQing that came from half our raid for not doing heroics for one week was pretty insane this tier while the other half were all for getting them finished.

I don't give a crap about achievements and don't understand why others do, but I'd say it's because flex still requires the inconvenience of forming a group, which is the main thing about raiding that turns most people away.

Deleted
    Well i'm sure that the OP, if realy interested in obtaining the achieves, could find some nice flex group to get them in.

Not to mention, just imagine how awful it would be. "can we do achieve pls" "no" "pls" wipe "pls achieve"

I'm fine with people doing easier content getting achievements, but I'm not that it would be successful to add them to LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    The reason why is because special snowflakes who think they deserve everything because they pay $15/mnth but dont want to put in the effort of being in an organized group to achieve a goal. Hence why they're called A C H I E V E M E N TS

AFKing and auto-attacking to get loot isnt close to being an achievement. That is called a loot pinata.
    Last edited by Volbian; 2013-08-30 at 06:18 AM.

LFR= you get to fight a demented and severely intoxicated clone of a boss= the abilities lose their meaning and it even forgets things that are essential to the fight (dark animus small golems? tortos breath dmg?)= not raiding as you are still Looking for raid

Flex= full mechanics, if lowered slightly in numbers, but not to the point where mechanics become trivial.= easy mode raiding, but raiding nevertheless, hence a worthy source of raid achieves.