Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Doing them in LFR? It's hard enough getting 4 other people to agree to do an achievment in a dungeon so good luck getting 24 others to agree in LFR.

I'm glad you can now get achievements in flex because it fixes a couple of problems with the current system. If you are a heroic raiding guild you have to stop doing heroic modes so you can do achievements on normal mode (yes I know a small ammount of them can realistically be earned on heroic). There's also the problem that a raiding guild can't fit all it's raiders into the raid instance at the same time. This means some players miss out on the achievements OR you have to use more than 1 raid reset to get them for everyone and then you are missing out on even more heroic boss kills.

Being able to do raid achievements in flex mode solves both problems.

It's mostly throwing a bone to flex, but they also saw how few guilds were doing the meta in the current tier. Lot of it has to do with accelerated raid tiers but yeah.

Coming from someone who clears heroics each tier, I welcome this. It is much harder, sometimes impossible, to do achievements on Heroic. When you start doing heroics the second week of the patch, you never go back to normals. You never get time to do the achievements because guild progression comes first. If you kill a single boss on normal, now you can't kill the main boss on heroic. Flex is a separate lockout, and will allow us to get our achievements without going back after a new tier is released. It also won't affect our normal raid schedule and can be done off hours.

Only reason I can see someone being mad about this is epeen, however heroic achievements are still there, they just aren't part of the meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You're in for a surprise if you think Flex is same difficulty as LFR.

I'm happy they do this, I might actually finally be able to do those achievements, since we always skip them because we don't wanna do normal modes.
    Agree with the comment about the difficulty. Anyone starting flex that thinks it will be as straightforward as LFR is going to die rather quickly. Not one-shot perhaps but if they don't get out of the way of something, then yes. As for achievements, raiding achievements should be part and parcel of a pre-made group, whether a pug or a guild or whatever.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Because having to decide to not do heroic for a week to do achieves blew chunks. Chunks all over the place. 'tis a good thing.

I think it's nice doesn't interfere with heroic kills or waste time when you want a quick normal kill.

Deleted
    i had trouble convincing a LFD group to do an achievement, and thats just 4 other people.
    image you having too convince 24 people for an achievement. + dealing with griefers who fail it on purpose/ people who dont want to and therefore just go afk (though that happens enough already atm )

overall i would say LFR is not suited for achievements, beside you shouldnt force people to do it.

adding it too flex is in my opion a good idea, gives raiders of all difficulties a chance to do it and for normal/heroic raiders they dnt have too sacrafice a week to do the achievements (while most were doable on hc in the past, some of them were far better of on normal).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Herding cats would be easier than convincing LFR to attempt (much less succeed at) any achievements.
    As a professional cat herder, I fully agree with this statement...

Deleted
    They're allowing achievements in flex mode because heroic guilds don't want to stop doing heroic bosses just to get normal mode achievements.
    There is no need to stop doing heroic boss to get achievements. In particular in heroic guilds, where any crappy alt normal run can get you the achievements you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR has too many trolls/afks to possibly do achievements even if they were enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by rahotep View Post
    In particular in heroic guilds, where any crappy alt normal run can get you the achievements you need.
    What if our alt runs are also doing heroics so we can split mains across multiple groups for gear in next tier's normal mode week?

I welcome achievements from flex.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Also, LFR will see the following:

PlayerA: Guys me and my 6 buddies are doing the achieves, since we're tanks and healers you don't get a say.
    (Insert protesting and agreeing from other various players)
    (Proceed wiping because people don't want to do it, do it wrong, or the achievement was missed so a wipe is forced for a do-over)

Please do not ever in LFR no never. I'm saying this as a LFR hero.
    YES, as a LFD hero in Cataclysm, I would like to say, absolutely none of my best WoW experiences started out zoning into a group of 3 DPS guildies who said "k heler we gona do cheve just lisen heres wat."

However, many loathsome experiences started that way.

No achievements in random grouped content. Please. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i had trouble convincing a LFD group to do an achievement, and thats just 4 other people.
    You people that think anyone else might be interested in doing YOUR achievement in a 5-man, Holy Cow, I wish you would play GW2 or SWTOR or something, seriously I hear they are awesome games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Also, LFR will see the following:

PlayerA: Guys me and my 6 buddies are doing the achieves, since we're tanks and healers you don't get a say.
    (Insert protesting and agreeing from other various players)
    (Proceed wiping because people don't want to do it, do it wrong, or the achievement was missed so a wipe is forced for a do-over)

Please do not ever in LFR no never. I'm saying this as a LFR hero.
    Totally agree. I've had this happen far too many times in dungeons. It would be even worse in LFR.

Deleted
    You still need heroics kills to get the Glory achievement, so this doesn't change anything for me, still hard to get.
    On the other hand heroic raiding guilds are probably going to get the mont after their first heroic clear this without going back to normals, which is a good reward imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    LFR = you just want to see the new raid without any requirement (skill, tactics, raid composition)
    Flex = casual player
    Normal = your way to hc

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Flex= full mechanics, if lowered slightly in numbers, but not to the point where mechanics become trivial.= easy mode raiding, but raiding nevertheless, hence a worthy source of raid achieves.
    I actually hope this becomes true 100% of the time in SoO because losing 20+ people to Durumu's maze-phase and then wiping due to the last healer being OoM is just a really, really strange feeling on the third attempt in an LFR run.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    You still need heroics kills to get the Glory achievement,
    Nope.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=8454

LFR and Achievement are two words that just don't fit together.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Immortal, lfr mode. go!

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Why not expand to LFR as well. I don't see any difference. Why should't i be able to complete them in LFR when people can do them in flex. The difficulty is nearly identical. Something for blizzard to consider.
    So everyone can see the content and get the same rewards with the exception of tiered gear. Honestly does it matter achievements mean nothing anyway.

stop whining.