Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Field Marshal R0ninX3ph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Okayama, Japan
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If Malchezzar kills Garrosh at the end of SoO I'd shit. Karazhan is supposedly a different dimension or time, could it have been post SoO?

    Interestingly, time walkers are also a part of 5.4.
    You know what would be even more delicious and go well with the "time being all sorts of screwed up"?

    Garrosh is killed, Varian takes Gorehowl as a trophy. He then hands it to a draenei NPC named Malchezaar to hold while he handles other issues. Queue head-explosion. Whose to say that Draenei now cannot be drawn to the legion and turned into their more demonic brethren?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Was lost in Demonfall canyon after Mannoroth's death and secreted away by demonic agents to Malchezzar.

    Maybe.
    That sounds the most plausible. I vote this as canon.
    I can't help but feel my "epic" experience being diminished when I wage battle against mighty Ordos and 10 people in the raid do nothing but /jump and /fart ...
    -- Strych, 90 Orc Warrior, Tarren Mill EU

  3. #23
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,551
    He doesn't.

    /thread
    Men, you've trained for this. You're among the elite. You are Skyfire men! This is the ship that took down Deathwing. You think some raggedy little Horde outpost stands a chance against the pride of the Alliance fleet? NO! Those green dirtbags down there plagued your homes in Southshore, laid siege to your children in Redridge, and massacred every man, woman and child in Theramore. It. Is. PAYBACK TIME!
    Sky Admiral Rogers for High Queen. Remember Theramore!

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    That sounds the most plausible. I vote this as canon.
    Then how did Thrall/Garrosh get Gorehowl?

  5. #25
    Field Marshal R0ninX3ph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Okayama, Japan
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Then how did Thrall/Garrosh get Gorehowl?
    The option is there to retcon who killed Malchezaar. They did it with Onyxia, the players never killed her, Varian did. So, there's no reason Thrall couldn't be the one to have gone in and killed Malchezaar to recover Gorehowl for Garrosh.

  6. #26
    This is all I could get from one of Blizzard's lore guys:

    Q: Can you say if Prince Malchezzar having Gorehowl is cannon or not?
    A: I'm afraid I can't say. It might be addressed in the future, but as of right now the question must remain unanswered.
    In other words there is no actual lore reason and it probably isn't cannon, but they may work it into lore at some point.

  7. #27
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,152
    He and Jaraxxus conspired to steal it early on.

    Real answer: Because blizz thought it'd be cool.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  8. #28
    Herald of the Titans Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    2,654
    I thought the Dark Rider's of Deadwind Pass collected magical artifacts from all over the world, so they found Gorehowl and brought it to Malchezar.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  9. #29
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He and Jaraxxus conspired to steal it early on.

    Real answer: Because blizz thought it'd be cool.
    Then Mannoroth's spirit found it and sold it on Twisting Netherebay
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    The option is there to retcon who killed Malchezaar. They did it with Onyxia, the players never killed her, Varian did. So, there's no reason Thrall couldn't be the one to have gone in and killed Malchezaar to recover Gorehowl for Garrosh.
    There is no lore connecting Thrall to Kara other than a random demon has Gorehowl which he shouldn't. There is nothing connecting, where Varian did connect to Onyxia's Lair.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A wizard did it.

    I personally think they had another Caverns of Time raid in mind at some point but wound up scrapping it.
    I opened this thread thinking "If the 2nd post isn't 'Because a wizard did it' I will be disappoint"... Regardless I'm not disappoint
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

  12. #32
    Let's just say it's not canon.

    I mean, Malchezaar and all of Karazhan barely makes sense to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    The option is there to retcon who killed Malchezaar. They did it with Onyxia, the players never killed her, Varian did. So, there's no reason Thrall couldn't be the one to have gone in and killed Malchezaar to recover Gorehowl for Garrosh.

    This wouldn't surprise me.

    However I want to point out it was something on his loot table not ever actually wielded by Malchezaar in battle with Azerothian heroes. Could of been something like "oh hey guys, wouldn't this be cool. Lets give the one boss in Kara a weapon used by Grom. Players will crap pineapples sideways over it, loltrolorofl"
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

  14. #34
    Dreadlord Basedqt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If Malchezzar kills Garrosh at the end of SoO I'd shit. Karazhan is supposedly a different dimension or time, could it have been post SoO?

    Interestingly, time walkers are also a part of 5.4.
    This would be interesting.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr | Corsair H80i | Asus z77 deluxe | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Corsair CX600 | WD 1TB HDD | Samsung 256 840 Pro SSD
    Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
    <3 my DA9

  15. #35
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    16,218
    Malchzaar was tired a few years ago of being killed on a weekly basis. He went into the future, got gorehowl from garrosh because it had a sick Ilvl, went back in time... realized it would reset its ilvl dem feels, he kept it any way... so when he got owned again he dropped it.

  16. #36
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,152
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    This wouldn't surprise me.
    Except Malchezaar is pretty much a nobody. He's got no back story... we don't even know why he's hanging out in Karazhan. Onyxia, on the other hand, was a major Vanilla WoW story point.

    However I want to point out it was something on his loot table not ever actually wielded by Malchezaar in battle with Azerothian heroes. Could of been something like "oh hey guys, wouldn't this be cool. Lets give the one boss in Kara a weapon used by Grom. Players will crap pineapples sideways over it, loltrolorofl"
    I'm more inclined to believe this is the reason.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-30 at 03:34 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #37
    Field Marshal R0ninX3ph's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Okayama, Japan
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There is no lore connecting Thrall to Kara other than a random demon has Gorehowl which he shouldn't. There is nothing connecting, where Varian did connect to Onyxia's Lair.
    So glad you clearly understood the implied "they could create the lore to do it". Before the comics, there was no lore to state that Varian had killed Onyxia. Only when the comic detailing his life came to be was there lore to support it. The implied part of my post, which you missed, was they could create the lore to state that Thrall killed Malchezaar and not the players, just like they did with Varian.

  18. #38
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He doesn't.

    /thread
    Yep. Lorewise he hasn't got it. Blizz just added it in for something cool looking that is all.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  19. #39
    The Patient lazypeon100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ninX3ph View Post
    So glad you clearly understood the implied "they could create the lore to do it". Before the comics, there was no lore to state that Varian had killed Onyxia. Only when the comic detailing his life came to be was there lore to support it. The implied part of my post, which you missed, was they could create the lore to state that Thrall killed Malchezaar and not the players, just like they did with Varian.
    I don't think he missed it at all tbh. Really, making lore for it would feel incredibly forced unlike Varian + Ony.

    Thrall has zero connection to Kara or Prince Malchezaar.

    Ony was connected to Stormwind (basically manipulating the crap out of people), which means it makes some sense that Varian might get involved. Seeing as how he's the king and all.

    That being said, I don't agree with the fact that they made it so Varian killed ony instead of the players. So, you're right in that they could do something like that. But it seems much more forced and silly from a lore perspective.

  20. #40
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,657
    PRINCE MALCHEZAAR DOES NOT HAVE GOREHOWL. End of the thread.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •