Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I should do pretty good if I don't overclock this right? I don't feel extensively comfortable overclocking anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Thefatness View Post
    I should do pretty good if I don't overclock this right? I don't feel extensively comfortable overclocking anymore.
    It will do fine at stock. Once you feel up to overclocking, it will do even better. Though if your not going to overclock at all, you shouldn't bother with the aftermarket cooler or the 4670k and just stick with the stock heatsink that comes with the 4670. Though you will get decent performance increase if you do overclock, so try to keep that in mind :P
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

It will do fine. If you find yourself struggling that's most likely the culprit though. Really, overclocking is pretty easy these days, a couple hours and you're done. There are also automatic overclocking features on some motherboard where you just select a profile and you're done.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    He should be fine with those.

http://cdn.overclock.net/f/fd/fda8de...ach215511.jpeg

That's probably the closest it'll come to it.
    I can verify that ram with that cooler will be fine. I have the exact same setup in my computer. I just had to move the fan up on the heatsink a notch.

I will keep you guys posted, looks like it'll be about two weeks before anything gets here. Was wondering if anyone had any advice on which direction to mount each fan? I will have 5 total, 2 on the top, 1 on the front, 1 on the back and 1 on the side. All of which are 120mm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top : Exhaust
    Back : Exhaust
    Side : Intake
    Front : Intake
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Unfortunately the number of case fans you have would create negative pressure. Consider either not using one fan on the top or buying dust filters if you don't want to clean your system from dust quite often.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I have everything plugged in, but the only thing that is turning on is the video card fans, I had all my fans plugged into the motherboard but none of them work. I am not sure if my motherboard is DOA or what. I have my 12 pin connector in my motherboard, my ram, my processor, everything. I do not know what is going on.

I have everything plugged in, but the only thing that is turning on is the video card fans, I had all my fans plugged into the motherboard but none of them work. I am not sure if my motherboard is DOA or what. I have my 12 pin connector in my motherboard, my ram, my processor, everything. I do not know what is going on.
    Are both the 8pin CPU connector and the 24 one connected to the motherboard? Is RAM properly seated in (as in it clicked)? Is the CPU cooler connected to the motherboard as well (on the CPU fan header)?
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-07 at 04:29 AM.

I just hooked the 8 pin up, I realized I had forgotten that one, so now the 8 and 24 and connected, 2 more of the fans are working, but the heatsink fans and the side fan are still not working, I am also not getting anything on my screen.

Do you have motherboard speakers? If so, does it beep on startup?

that not a bad setup It seems it could handle some decent games

I am not sure if it has a speaker, I believe it does, I do not hear a beep no. Not really sure what happened, I unhooked my side fan and boooted it again and now I am installing Windows. Tell you what, the RAM and Side Panel barely fit with the Noctua, my side fan literally is flush with the edge of the Noctua fans, and my ram is sitting in between the fan and heatsink, I literally had no wiggle room. Incredible, here's to hoping this pc runs some games well.
    Last edited by Thefatness; 2013-09-07 at 04:42 AM.

I am not sure if it has a speaker, I believe it does, I do not hear a beep no.
    If you didn't connect it it either didn't come with one to plug or you just didn't plug it. If you didn't plug it you can't hear beeps obviously. If it's only the video not displaying (and fans dead? doubt so, but whatever), are you sure the monitor is plugged into your video card? And also

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Is the CPU cooler connected to the motherboard as well (on the CPU fan header)?

Well, I've got it running now, so far everything is running pretty smooth. My only issue so far is some BSOD's related to using the USB ports. I am working on that one, I also would like to get a new monitor as the one I have has a large amount of screen tearing. Any suggestions on monitors?

There a 23.8'' IPS Acer currently on sale which I'd recommend.
    Have you installed everything your motherboard came with? Have you checked if there are updates on the manufacturer's website? My board had three Windows updated classified as USB fixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    There a 23.8'' IPS Acer currently on sale which I'd recommend.
    Have you installed everything your motherboard came with? Have you checked if there are updates on the manufacturer's website? My board had three Windows updated classified as USB fixes.
    wat.
    Thats a really good deal right there.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)