Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lvl 90 raid-solo, whats your experiences?

    So, i recently decided to solo MsV on my 536 itemlvled protpally.

    So far, i managed to clear first-boss trash, and to get Stoneguards to 45% before hitting enrage.

    I only had about 140k dps as the vengeance was so low.

    Havn't tried to solo any other lvl 90 Raids yet.


    What about YOU?


    Edit: Only post if you did the solo on a lvl 90 Character.

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,447
    Or you could not clear trash and tank it all, more vengeance stacks
    The current cap is lvl 90 and you can't enter the raid being lower than 90? I dunno..

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Or you could not clear trash and tank it all, more vengeance stacks
    The current cap is lvl 90 and you can't enter the raid being lower than 90? I dunno..
    The trash hurts more than the actual boss ;P

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    The current cap is lvl 90 and you can't enter the raid being lower than 90? I dunno..
    Lvl 80 pally tanks say hi ;D

  5. #5
    Pit Lord Cyrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    US Eonar
    Posts
    2,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Lvl 80 pally tanks say hi ;D
    So you can do level 90 raids with level 80? Do tell how op you are.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    So you can do level 90 raids with level 80? Do tell how op you are.
    Lvl 80s have been in and cleared a few msv bosses, potentially could of done heroic modes too. The way it was done was fix;d but lvl 80s can still enter the raid .

    The only lvl 90 things that have been done i believe are stone guards N/HC and Sha of fear. Did stoneguards on my paladin but Feng results in quite a challenge to beat enrage as prot pally.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Lvl 80s have been in and cleared a few msv bosses, potentially could of done heroic modes too. The way it was done was fix;d but lvl 80s can still enter the raid .

    The only lvl 90 things that have been done i believe are stone guards N/HC and Sha of fear. Did stoneguards on my paladin but Feng results in quite a challenge to beat enrage as prot pally.
    You need around 230k dps to solo Stoneguards, and you did this as a protpal?

  8. #8
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    You need around 230k dps to solo Stoneguards, and you did this as a protpal?
    Go to youtube and search for "Prot Pala solo Stone Guards" - there are 3 or 4 vids of palas doing it.

  9. #9
    Does galleon count?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  10. #10
    You don't even need to beat the enrage on stone guards. I done it 5 minutes ago and they enraged at 18% or so (no amethyst pools this week so vengeance is lacking a bit), just used Holy Avenger + GoAK, bubbled when GoAK expired and held the bubble until the overloads, cancel bubble after overloads and combo glyphed DP and AD and the boss dies before they expire. Really stone guards hits for so little that tanking through the enrage with cooldowns like that is pretty straight forward.

  11. #11
    Did Stone Guard a few months ago. Feng around 40-50% or so when I tried back then (3-4 attempts no more), didn't attempt since then.
    Tried Zor'lok, got MC'd during p3 which ended the fight.
    Tried Protectors and nearly managed to kill the melee guy but none of the caster guys (with a few fuckups along the way). Didnt give much more than 5-6 attempts given that the enrage is clearly not beatable.
    Tried Garalon LFR, which I brought to 40% or so. Survived his massive crush only to have him despawn afterwards, was a huge disappointment

    All trash corresponding to said bosses always soloed as well, most annoying ones are the ToES ones because you have to kite to reset the debuff.

    That's it for me, never tried anything else.

  12. #12
    Don't forget to stay in aoe when the corresponding dog is active, it's a lot of Vengeance while taking almost no extra damage.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  13. #13
    What's with the pally soloing primordius? I haven't heard much about this. Is this still a thing or did it get fixed?

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A faraway meadow
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    What's with the pally soloing primordius? I haven't heard much about this. Is this still a thing or did it get fixed?

    Keep in mind that the pally in question was on an Asian server, where normal mode raids are tuned significantly lower than on Western servers. Despite this, I'm pretty sure Primordius is doable on Western servers by paladins with 550 gear. It's a gimmick fight - it just so happens that those gimmicks favor Paladins.

    It won't be possible in 5.4 though, definitely not.

  15. #15
    A few guildies and I managed to 5-man stone guards 25 man, 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...rd/?s=85&e=434
    Last edited by Fr3nzy; 2013-08-31 at 01:46 AM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    What's with the pally soloing primordius? I haven't heard much about this. Is this still a thing or did it get fixed?
    Still a thing, is completely unrelated to the asian ilvl, won't explain how because I don't want to give people silly ideas. Won't happen next patch anymore though.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Keep in mind that the pally in question was on an Asian server, where normal mode raids are tuned significantly lower than on Western servers. Despite this, I'm pretty sure Primordius is doable on Western servers by paladins with 550 gear. It's a gimmick fight - it just so happens that those gimmicks favor Paladins.

    It won't be possible in 5.4 though, definitely not.
    Asian servers are significantly lower tuned than Western servers? What? If I'm not wrong, their 10m difficulty is easier than their 25m difficulty but is balanced out by the fact that their 25m gives higher ilvl loot. I have never heard about any discussion that Asian raids are easier than their counterparts on Western servers.

    Unless you have a source to back up your claims that Asian server raids are "significantly" lower tuned than Western raids?

    This link clearly shows Asian 25m being harder than Western 25m: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hanges-in-Asia

    So where exactly did you get your info that Asian raids are lower tuned?
    Last edited by Mirri; 2013-08-31 at 08:26 AM.
    Mew!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    So where exactly did you get your info that Asian raids are lower tuned?
    Because people can get higher ilvl gear in 25 man and then go into 10 man with more gear than is possible for us. Only 25 man bosses area scaled up those 8%. I don't believe that the pally in question did this however.
    Still a thing, is completely unrelated to the asian ilvl
    He wasn't even close to BiS, correct?

    EDIT: Found a post on the official forums explaining exactly how he did it. Very interesting.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A faraway meadow
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Asian servers are significantly lower tuned than Western servers? What? If I'm not wrong, their 10m difficulty is easier than their 25m difficulty but is balanced out by the fact that their 25m gives higher ilvl loot. I have never heard about any discussion that Asian raids are easier than their counterparts on Western servers.


    So where exactly did you get your info that Asian raids are lower tuned?
    I was talking about 10N difficulty here, as that's obviously what this solo was done in. The paladin in question had a 539 ilevel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post

    EDIT: Found a post on the official forums explaining exactly how he did it. Very interesting.
    Link, please?
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2013-09-02 at 07:07 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Link, please?
    Google: "Paladin solo primordius".
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7859947016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •