Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a Shadow spec, so I've been doing my dailies as Disc or Holy since the start of the expansion. I started out doing them as Disc, and while they may have been a bit slow, Disc has a lot of movement capability and it was pretty easy. Now I do them as Holy in Chastise Chakra and mobs just melt.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Void tendrils use to be insane for soloing, you could root unlimited amount of mobs for 20+seconds. I leveled my DS LFR geared Spriest in half the time than my DragonWrath BiS Shaman.

Also how do you do Warbringers as Shadow? I manged to solo one on my Shaman before they were snare immune but I can't imagine shadow can just tank the damage and you can't kite them..so I'm lost.
    Void tendrils + divine star is OP, if ppl didnt realise you can heal the tendrils!

as far as warbringers, IMO go with mindbender and DI. if you wanna release the heat jsut fade and hit mindbender, you gain 5-6secs or running time and more than enough time to heal up etc etc

I personally found that holy's the way to go with dailies, especially if you tend to group up mobs and AoE them down (Shadow only has +15% damage to Mind Sear, but holy has +50%). Soloing rares is probably easier as shadow, but keep in mind that holy has Chastise (which I found especially useful for jinyu rares), and as far as disc goes, I'd say it's the worst out of them. Atonement might be useful, but it will take you far longer to get anything down than it would as holy/shadow. If you really need heals, holy with Lightwell is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I have always played shadow, and hate being holy - So soloing for me is always in full shadow

Deleted
    Very much in the other category but I've been able to solo most of Ulduar 10 and all of ToC 10, ICC 10 HC, RS and 2/6 BWD as a discipline priest. It is fun. Hoping to get more down and progress through the 25 man difficulties, of which I have only done Naxx and some of Ulduar, when I have a little more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a shadow off-spec since 4.2 I think. When I solo stuff go disc, just shield myself and burn them down. For large pulls (5+ mobs) I use void tendrils + DS on CD and Mind Sear them down and then rinse and repeat. As far as soloing stuff Disc is quite competent for that as well, I do a lot of it for fun / xmog. Done all of BC, most of Uludar 10, ToC 10, a couple of bosses in 25, most of naxx 25, currently dabbling with cata 4/6 in BWD. If you get into trouble you can 95% of the time reset the fight with spectral guise.

Holy might be faster when burning mobs down quickly but with Attonement and shields you can tank a lot better with disc.
    Last edited by PhillieB; 2013-09-05 at 10:36 AM.

Depends on how much effort you put in and how geared you are

I personally have done 6/6 BWD, 4/4 BOT, 1/2 ToFW, 5/7 FL (Cheesed alysrazor buff for 2 bosses), and 5/8 DS.