Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest solo capabilities (dailies, rare mobs etc)

Heya!

I am finally levelling a priest for once. Something I kept avoiding because I had so many other chars to focus on. Came back to the game, and decided "Now I'm doing it! Undead Priest!"

So now I am wondering. When I am max level, how decent is priest at killing the Shieldwall/??? rares? The ToT dailies? And other stuff? Warlock is insanely efficient, Paladin less so. Monk I just horribly suck at, so I avoid that.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my personal experience, when i started doing ToT dailies it was abit slow and tedious, usually ending up to only doing it when there are guildies who are doing them as well. Now that i've gotten better gears, i just usually run around SW:P every mob i need for the quests and throw around some mindblasts here and there. They usually just die before they reach me.

Then again, id expect other classes to be able to do this better at the same gear level as me.

From my own experience, if the rare mob does not need to be interrupted every 10-15 seconds or something like that (and doesn't hit like a MF truck), it's soloable.

10+ Year Old Account
    All but the Pandaren rares were soloable at very low gear levels.

The rare Troll packs introduced with 5.2 generally aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    All but the Pandaren rares were soloable at very low gear levels.

Disc can solo everything Shadow can't. The general method of handling mechanics goes something like: "Mechanics? Forget that, I have heals." In general, with some gear, there's nothing that anyone can solo that hits too hard for you to heal through. Zandalari rares, Isle of Thunder rares, Pandaria rares, Battlefield Barrens rares all go down in this way. The single most-difficult rare for me are the Pandaren/monk Pandaria rares. Without an interrupt, the only two options are zerg the full HP bar in between heal casts, or run out to Chi Burst range and burn through the damage (the Chi Burst is higher priority than their heal.) Both work, I zerg the low level ones and eat the Chi Burst on the high level ones.

I liked soloing with my undead priest. Was a lil under 500 but was able to solo/kite warbringers. Was also shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Shadow can easily solo Zandalari rares. Both Scouts and Warbringers.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

I`m usually doing all my dailies solo on my Disc priest. I could do it on shadow but you somtimes take massive dmg especially if they remove the dmg reduction in patch 5.4 with shadow.

So i started trying if i could do stuff as disc. and the shields, pom and other tools make it viable to solo. it might take a little longer but thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I levelled mine I gotta be honest I switched to disc to kill rares and found it a hell of a lot easier. but maybe im just bad at priesting :P lol

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    I could do it on shadow but you somtimes take massive dmg especially if they remove the dmg reduction in patch 5.4 with shadow.
    What do you take massive dmg from as Shadow while doing dailies?

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    What do you take massive dmg from as Shadow while doing dailies?
    Well not anymore but with lower level gear especially after leveling you might take a bit more as the rares can do quite some dmg if you dont pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Much easier as disc than shadow imo. Especially rares. Rares are easily soloable and dailies go a tad slower but you never have to worry about being careful with pulls or stopping to eat/heal.

Quote Originally Posted by sedori View Post
    Much easier as disc than shadow imo. Especially rares. Rares are easily soloable and dailies go a tad slower but you never have to worry about being careful with pulls or stopping to eat/heal.
    Shadow > Disc Always while doing dailies/rares

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sedori View Post
    Can't imagine a shadow priest in decent gear having to be careful with pulls or stopping to eat while doing dailies, i guess this mostly applies to when your in greens and you wont be in that gear forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi View Post
    Shadow > Disc Always while doing dailies/rares
    Agreed, I've never had any trouble with rares or dailies as shadow.

Even at lower gear levels I had little-no problems. The pandaren rares took a while, but they were/are soloable.

Deleted
    Also holy with FCL is a pretty powerful solo spec. You have many tools to get yourself some distance, and can red chakra smitespam, the instant cast procs from FDCL proc serendipity, and can heal quite a sizeable amount. If things get difficult, just drop to blue for 30 seconds (evil chakra) or less if you have the PvP set to pop up, and begin smitespamming once more. Lightwell is kind of like having a pocket healer too.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soloing as shadow is extremely fun and rewarding depending on how much you challenge yourself, most pandaria world stuff is quite easy tho

Void tendrils use to be insane for soloing, you could root unlimited amount of mobs for 20+seconds. I leveled my DS LFR geared Spriest in half the time than my DragonWrath BiS Shaman.

Also how do you do Warbringers as Shadow? I manged to solo one on my Shaman before they were snare immune but I can't imagine shadow can just tank the damage and you can't kite them..so I'm lost.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-09-01 at 02:20 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Also how do you do Warbringers as Shadow? I manged to solo one on my Shaman before they were snare immune but I can't imagine shadow can just tank the damage and you can't kite them..so I'm lost.
    Yes, you can kite them as Shadow. With Angelic Feathers and Glyph of Levitate. Run around in an imaginary circle, and the mob will never even get close to you. FDCL and DI for damage on the move (as you'll spend 90% of the time running), Divine Star for Scarabs. If the mob has the fear ability, put fear ward on yourself and he will never even use it.

By having a friend move me to Laughing Skull EU (which has an average of 5 players online at night times), and using this technique, I've soloed over 50 of them in the week after they made then immune to roots.

Depending on your gear, it takes 5-10 minutes to kill it. I was averaging on 6.5 minutes per Warbringer in 535 ilvl. In my current gear I can kill them in under 5.

When it comes to easy stuff (the regular "rare" mobs, isle of thunder) shadow is incredibly efficient. You can easily pull entire groups of daily/quest mobs and kill them all at once extremely quickly. The Pandaren and Jinyu rares are hardest as Shadow (Pandaren more so) due to lack of interrupt but once you are 500+ geared they pretty much just roll over anyway.

As far as I know and as others pointed out the Warbringers are doable.