Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hackers...man...why

Why do people hack honestly, you can't earn your money rightfully like the other billion people in the world? You can't be anything but a criminal. Sickens me.

Anyways story goes, I come home from work today, check my email. Says all this info about changing/locking/restoring my second bnet email account. So I check into it, looks like they did lock it.

I changed my email/bnet passwords. They hacked in again a few hours ago with the ticket response or something, I'm not sure why they even made a ticket period, but here it is. This is a ticket the hackers made. As I hadn't been on bnet all day except to deal with this. Haven't been on WoW on this account in a few days, so they must've paid to reactivate all 6 of them.

SO I was contacted by a player by the name of Blizzgnews, and I was told to would receive a free mount by entering in the key the player sent me. I assumed it was a troll but the site, also in the message was battle.net.I am participating in the Battle.net beta app and started wondering if maybe it was some kind of incentive for that possibly. I scrn capped it and I was just wanting to know if its legitimate or not. Becuase I don't wanna miss out on any possible rewards for the Beta but it seems to good to be true.I apoligize if I wasted time or reported this wrong but I'm just trying to understand. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
    _uth

I guess its time to fire up the old authenticator again...

I shouldnt really have to take security precautions like this. If I ever found these kids, I'd burn their faces in hot oily gas & sell it to the sharks for pennies.

This is what happened to my very first wow account back in the first month of BC. I took a vacation a weekend away, come back to find my account was hacked & banned for gold selling. I never gold sold ever, only time I even became a relative of that service was runescape gold buying before it became huge in the market. Never again have I done it, because I'm afraid of actually getting a ban, and deserving it.

No the difference this time, is that my second bnet email has 6, 6 wow accounts.

Funny thing is, theres a Korean Starter edition for wow on there. Honestly if thats not obvious enough I'm right, blizzard needs to hire new CS support staff.

My Anti virus is shit too, isn't detecting it. I'm going to try a few diff anti-spywares, if it even helps, but at this point, I'm seriously disappointed in humanity as a whole.
    Last edited by Angarin; 2013-08-30 at 07:44 AM.

You didnt get hacked, your own stupidity and greed gave out your information. Your own fault. If something is too good to be true it definitely is.

So, did the "hackers" make the ticket? Or did you?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    unless im in wow and it says a gm wants ot chat with you its always some cunteyed peice of shit who shoulda stayed in his rice patty
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

that ticket was created by them, right? to try and regain access to the account after you restored it?

wow that is shifty.

i just use the android app authenticator. it isnt hugely inconvenient to keep my account safe.

If you changed your password and they hacked you again, you obviously have a key-logger. Don't download shit from sketchy websites.
    Playing since 2007.

If you think a virus caused this, then you should really reconsider what websites you visit or what you download off the internet. It is insanely hard to get a virus if you're intelligent when surfing the web.

10+ Year Old Account
    soo you responded to fishy email and gave them all your acc info , and also didnt used authenticator, despite having one and being hacked before? dont know what to say here, maybe this time you'll learn from your own mistakes...

Deleted
    How the fuck can someone still fall for things like "Blizzgnews" in 2013? Seriously, you play since TBC (or earlier) and you STILL can't make the difference between a scam and reality? Well then you totally deserve it. In order to get hacked you have to give them the information. I was never hacked in 5 years of WoW and I don't even have an authentificator.

EDIT: Oh so the hackers made the ticket? Now I'm confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    that ticket was created by them, right? to try and regain access to the account after you restored it?

wow that is shifty.

i just use the android app authenticator. it isnt hugely inconvenient to keep my account safe.
    yeah hacker making a ticket like that is definatly a ne thing, very clever indeed

Deleted
    If you dont have authenticator then you are taking a big risk... i'd get it if I was you

Yeah, in africa people mutilate female genitalia, at least 1/4 of the kids wordwide will never get a proper school education, that attack in syria happened lately, but you aredisappointed because your stupidity got exploited, cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    More often then not user error opens one up to exploitation. Usually due to falling pray to phishing techniques. Always use an authenticator, and try out the new battle.net client for your comp. It makes the login process a breeze.

Hackers is a term thrown around in very diverse situations skewing its original meaning.

Help, I got hacked!
    http://us.battle.net/en/security/help

Mitigate your risk
    PLEASE protect yourself and your Guild by obtaining a Battle.net authenticator from the Blizzard store or app

Please review the Blizzard security check list
    http://us.battle.net/en/security/checklist

Software Security
    Free and decent anti virus if you don't have any get one:
    AVG, Avast or Windows security essentials

Internet Explorer:
    Don't be bad IE is renown for being outdated/vulnerable and all in all just bad. Utilize a quality browser such as Chrome or Fire Fox.

Browser Addons
    Get the adblockplus addon to help block out ads in addition to other plugins which can increase your protection/privacy (learn to disable adblock plus on sites you want to support).
    No script is amazing - but might involve a learning curve.

Phishing Emails
    NEVER EVER RESPOND TO ANY EMAIL THAT IS WOW RELATED NO MATTER HOW REAL IT LOOKS CONTACT GM's IN GAME NEVER CLICK A LINK IN A EMAIL EVER! GO TO SITES DIRECTLY VIA THE URL BAR
    Last edited by Megalithe; 2013-08-30 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    If you changed your password and they hacked you again, you obviously have a key-logger. Don't download shit from sketchy websites.
    In the internet world I don't even know whats sketchy and what isn't anymore.

Is curse client sketchy? Theres always been rumors it has, but no proof. Are SoE games sketchy, again rumors, but no proof. I could go on, but those were the first 2 in my head.

One of our guild members got hacked by the hackers actually sending fake passports photos to Blizzard support in order to get access to the account. So it seems we're at the point where social-hacking Blizzard support personnel is easier than hacking the login system.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    If you dont have authenticator then you are taking a big risk... i'd get it if I was you
    I had an authenticator, then it for some reason took a huge shit on both of my accounts on the same day so I was unable to log into wow for almost a week with 3 different accounts paid for. Blizzard refused to refund, my phone company refused to refund, so I figured, avoid the trouble.

But theres always trouble. Then my smartphone was dumped in some "food juice" and the person who did it refuses to pay up. It won't even stay on now, so I can't even use it wifi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    Yeah, in africa people mutilate female genitalia, at least 1/4 of the kids wordwide will never get a proper school education, that attack in syria happened lately, but you aredisappointed because your stupidity got exploited, cool.
    And half of the people in this thread can't read either, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    One of our guild members got hacked by the hackers actually sending fake passports photos to Blizzard support in order to get access to the account. So it seems we're at the point where social-hacking Blizzard support personnel is easier than hacking the login system.
    I used to work for vzw, social engineering was extremely obvious, but always intimidating. Honestly from what it sounds like, either blizzard support is to lazy for its own good, or they need some balls to stand up to this. Now thats not to say they didn't shut down the account. The problem is they banned EVERY single one of my accounts, even though I wasn't the one spamming/gold selling or whatever he/she was doing with it. And this is the same thing that happened early bc, this is why I'm so upset about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzfun View Post
    So I'm supposed to feel sorry for people who have a different life than me? Your just looking for negative attention aren't you...

Completely off-topic, reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Is curse client sketchy? Theres always been rumors it has, but no proof. Are SoE games sketchy, again rumors, but no proof. I could go on, but those were the first 2 in my head.
    Curse is not sketchy at all and addons downloaded through their client cannot compromise your security. Addons do not activate until long after you had inputted your credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    In the internet world I don't even know whats sketchy and what isn't anymore.

Here's what I would do. Download Adblock if you don't have it already. Install Malwarebytes, run a scan or two. Change your email and password completely. Attach an authenticator and move on.
    Playing since 2007.