Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Unhappy BM lost is Soul?

    I was just on the Isle of Giants with a Turtle Pet & im only able to solo the Hatchlings & even then just two devilsaurs are enough to dmg my pet beyond healing.. though just to the corner of my eyes a Lock is Soloing one big Dinos with an extra hatchling & his void walker is at 100% the whole time.

    What happend? I remember a time when BM was all about soloing stuff & having fun.. now a Lock is infinitely more capable of soloing content then BM.. its kind of embarrassing compared to how it was in Wrath..

    I miss when BM was not viable for raids & it was a cool offspec to play around with but now I dont know what to do with it anymore.. its not like its intresting to dps in.. hell to solo the Warbringers I have to run around like a Baboon with Improved Cheetah & my pet is just a useless dot while kite I around...

    Am I just bad or has BM just really lost is Soul? I.E (soloing)
    Last edited by Numbars; 2013-08-30 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Grammar

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Ironjaws-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    A forest in Sweden
    Posts
    1,034
    Hunters pets have been considerable weaker this xpack for what I know and can't take much punishment before dying. Remember I thought I could attempt to take down a warbringer, should be eas--- Da fuq my pet died in 1-2 hits.

    I dont know why they are so nerfed, guess its duo PvP, since they would barely be killable then, so only reason why I can see them more vurnable as they are.

    And Locks are insane, my brother tease me all the time that he can easy solo warbringers and such things with ease, while I need at least a healer to just try to keep my pet alive. : (

    Which also makes me wonder; do pet aggro work different now? I know many times it completely lost aggro on random mobs, even if I use MD can it make me get aggro instantly. Not sure why really.

  3. #3
    You probably just need more gear. I solo warbringers with my pet tanking them with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,343
    you're doing it wrong , get normal dps pet , growl off and kite dinos with concusive shot, can kill anything slowable that way (so all dinos exept the biggest trex) , killing warbringers as hunter is pretty much twisting it around since you cant slow them , but you can kite them in circles with aspect of cheeta.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    you're doing it wrong , get normal dps pet , growl off and kite dinos with concusive shot, can kill anything slowable that way (so all dinos exept the biggest trex) , killing warbringers as hunter is pretty much twisting it around since you cant slow them , but you can kite them in circles with aspect of cheeta.
    The guy ain't whining about being unable to solo those things, but about BM spec becoming the most generic dps spec in the game out of being an amazing utility/solo/fun spec it was before.

    Well, we don't have pet talents anymore, pet training, loyality system or happiness. We don't have various pets to catch to improve them. We don't have freaking amazing pet intervene anymore. Our pets die in a few hits. And every fun, amazing or cool ability has been boiled down to being just a dot. Thats pretty much the resoult of WoW turning from RPG into an action co-op.

    I miss the cool stuff in WoW, and old BM was a cool stuff. New BM - the spec of "being the same as every other hunter spec, but having two more cooldowns and a signature move thats not tickling" - isn't the fun BM I remember.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    you're doing it wrong , get normal dps pet , growl off and kite dinos with concusive shot, can kill anything slowable that way (so all dinos exept the biggest trex) , killing warbringers as hunter is pretty much twisting it around since you cant slow them , but you can kite them in circles with aspect of cheeta.
    Thats not my point.. how is "taking growl off" BM? im a beast master not some kind of pansy ranger..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    Hunters pets have been considerable weaker this xpack for what I know and can't take much punishment before dying. Remember I thought I could attempt to take down a warbringer, should be eas--- Da fuq my pet died in 1-2 hits.

    I dont know why they are so nerfed, guess its duo PvP, since they would barely be killable then, so only reason why I can see them more vurnable as they are.

    And Locks are insane, my brother tease me all the time that he can easy solo warbringers and such things with ease, while I need at least a healer to just try to keep my pet alive. : (

    Which also makes me wonder; do pet aggro work different now? I know many times it completely lost aggro on random mobs, even if I use MD can it make me get aggro instantly. Not sure why really.
    I think some mobs just are not tauntable & the threat is created by dmg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    You probably just need more gear. I solo warbringers with my pet tanking them with no problem.
    I'm 515 about is that to low?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    You probably just need more gear. I solo warbringers with my pet tanking them with no problem.
    While kiting warbringer 24/7?
    I am 540 geared and pet dies in 5-10sec - tank speced + glyph of the mending + spirit bond.
    I can kill them with no problems as well - while kiting.

    But NOT like warlocks or tanks - just stand still and tunnel warbringer.
    Hunters are weak as solo class MoP - tanks/locks can solo far more.
    Last edited by Paladzins; 2013-08-30 at 11:28 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    While kiting warbringer 24/7?
    I am 540 geared and pet dies in 5-10sec - tank speced + glyph of the mending + spirit bond.
    I can kill them with no problems as well - while kiting.

    But NOT like warlocks or tanks - just stand still and tunnel warbringer.
    Hunters are weak as solo class MoP - tanks/locks can solo far more.
    Warbringers should be absolutely no problem to solo in your gear with pet tanking with tank spec / mending glyph / spirit bond / 100% mend pet uptime. They don't hit for much at all. I've solo'd easily over 100 (I have 60+ of each rep insignia on a bank alt, used to have 90 until I 4x exalted an alt or two) with my pet tanking. The only thing of any concern really is the Vengeful spirits, you need to keep your pet away from them, or typically they'll just get mend pet aggro'd to you and then it doesn't matter. They will kill your pet, though, if he has threat on them and you don't pull him away.

    The Isle of Giants devilsaurs however, hit far, far harder than warbringers. I haven't found a viable way to pet tank them. They can however, be kited. There's also a screwy way to kill them involving the cave where the bone collector is and distracting shot glyph to ping-pong them between your pet in the cave and you above the cave. There are probably youtube videos on it. I've solo'd a good number of them as well using that tactic.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-08-30 at 01:05 PM.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  9. #9
    Warlock Demonic gateway is OP when doing warbringers. Their pet doesn't need resurrection either. So, when u see ur void walker is below 20% HP, u can just summon a new one, when warbringer is busy with the old one soon to despawn. Then attack the warbringer and jump on gateway. there u go no threat. Rinse and repeat. our pet dies, and u have to spend precious few seconds resurrecting him. So, kiting is the only way for us.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Warbringers should be absolutely no problem to solo in your gear with pet tanking with tank spec / mending glyph / spirit bond / 100% mend pet uptime. They don't hit for much at all. I've solo'd easily over 100 (I have 60+ of each rep insignia on a bank alt, used to have 90 until I 4x exalted an alt or two) with my pet tanking. The only thing of any concern really is the Vengeful spirits, you need to keep your pet away from them, or typically they'll just get mend pet aggro'd to you and then it doesn't matter. They will kill your pet, though, if he has threat on them and you don't pull him away.

    The Isle of Giants devilsaurs however, hit far, far harder than warbringers. I haven't found a viable way to pet tank them. They can however, be kited. There's also a screwy way to kill them involving the cave where the bone collector is and distracting shot glyph to ping-pong them between your pet in the cave and you above the cave. There are probably youtube videos on it. I've solo'd a good number of them as well using that tactic.
    Warbringers doesn't hurt that much? o.O

    My tanking pet with flask and all buff possible can take about 3 hits. with mending applied. I have 533 ilvl.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    568
    Im just about 521 ilv on my hunter. the trick to tanking warbringer's is watching your pets hp, when it hits low hp pop BW ( pet cant die ) and gives your mend pet time to work. When BW falls off keep mend pet running and hit its last stand.

    Once that falls off and your pet is getting low again pop readiness and pop BW again.
    Keeping mend pet 100% is key.
    if you need a few sec after all of that recall your pet back to you while distracting shot to yourself to give mend pet a few sec to do its work, then send ur pet back in.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Warbringers should be absolutely no problem to solo in your gear with pet tanking with tank spec / mending glyph / spirit bond / 100% mend pet uptime. They don't hit for much at all. I've solo'd easily over 100 (I have 60+ of each rep insignia on a bank alt, used to have 90 until I 4x exalted an alt or two) with my pet tanking. The only thing of any concern really is the Vengeful spirits, you need to keep your pet away from them, or typically they'll just get mend pet aggro'd to you and then it doesn't matter. They will kill your pet, though, if he has threat on them and you don't pull him away.

    The Isle of Giants devilsaurs however, hit far, far harder than warbringers. I haven't found a viable way to pet tank them. They can however, be kited. There's also a screwy way to kill them involving the cave where the bone collector is and distracting shot glyph to ping-pong them between your pet in the cave and you above the cave. There are probably youtube videos on it. I've solo'd a good number of them as well using that tactic.

    You sure you are not just talking about the warscouts? even with all the glyphs & tanking pet what ilvl do you need? 590? lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    Im just about 521 ilv on my hunter. the trick to tanking warbringer's is watching your pets hp, when it hits low hp pop BW ( pet cant die ) and gives your mend pet time to work. When BW falls off keep mend pet running and hit its last stand.

    Once that falls off and your pet is getting low again pop readiness and pop BW again.
    Keeping mend pet 100% is key.
    if you need a few sec after all of that recall your pet back to you while distracting shot to yourself to give mend pet a few sec to do its work, then send ur pet back in.
    That wont work in 2 weeks.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    I am 540 geared and pet dies in 5-10sec - tank speced + glyph of the mending + spirit bond.
    I'm 515 geared and have been pet tanking them since around 500. At my present gear level, on one occasion (with a bit of luck) I fought a Warscout (friggin' adds) and Warbringer at the same time and killed both. Please don't get defensive, but you must be doing something wrong.

    Are you letting your pet get eaten by Vengeful Spirit? Just to be safe, I pull my pet back for a moment when one is being summoned, aggro it, and then send my pet back on the Warbringer while kiting the spirit. Warlocks can't pet tank Vengeful Spirits either, but it may look easier for them because their pets generate less AoE threat (but feel free to toggle off Thunderstomp if you don't mind some scarabs running loose now and then).

    Contrary to what Ironjaws and several others in the recent past have said, my tenacity pets seem beefier in this expansion than in any prior.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    568
    Pretty sure the OP was talking about live, not in 2 weeks ( im aware of the changes thanks =D )

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbars View Post
    You sure you are not just talking about the warscouts? even with all the glyphs & tanking pet what ilvl do you need? 590? lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    That wont work in 2 weeks.
    No, I'm not. You think I killed 100+ of them without realizing what I was killing? :O

    Check my armory, I have all 3 color direhorns. All solo obtained.

    I used a tenacity turtle, glyph of mending, glyph of animal bond, spirit bond talent, BM spec.

    With 95%+ mend pet uptime and pulling them away from every vengeful spirit, your pet should never really be in any danger of dying.

    It's funny, because a month or two ago I came to these forums and heard people saying exactly what I am and I didn't think it was possible. But they are very easy to pet tank and solo. I think in all of my soloing them, save PvP encounters and the other faction killing my pet, I only lost my pet maybe once. And even then, disengage, deterrence, pet rez, and feign and you can just continue on as normal killing it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemik View Post
    You probably just need more gear. I solo warbringers with my pet tanking them with no problem.
    I'm at 549 and my turtle gets 3 shot. The only possible way to kill them is to kite, which doesn't seem very possible because they are immune to everything. Many of them also have fear. Spirit Bond. Tank Spec. BM. Healing Glyph. Mending Glyph.

    There's no system I could use to bypass a 3 shot. I have no clue how you guys claiming to solo them are possibly keeping your pets up, yes you can use BW to keep your pet alive, but as soon as that expires the next shot will kill the pet. Same with turtle shell.

    I gave a few of them a go over the last month and each time it's just not happening. My pet is dead within about 6 seconds, vengeful spirit or not.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-08-30 at 01:28 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I'm at 549 and my turtle gets 3 shot. The only possible way to kill them is to kite, which doesn't seem very possible because they are immune to everything. Spirit Bond. Tank Spec. BM. Healing Glyph. Mending Glyph.

    Pretty sure you guys are talking about Warscouts, not Warbringers. They absolutely destroy a hunters pet regardless of gear.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. It looks like I need to upload a youtube video when I get home, sheesh...
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  17. #17
    Im surprised you could do ONE devilsaur hatchling.. those things tore the eff out of my tank pet. At those complaining about Warbringers.. its not the Warbringer its the ghost. The ghost will 1-2 shot most pets. When it summons the ghost pull your pet or move its location or hope you got agro on it and not the pet. Even so it took two of us to tank it(myself and warlock) which was much faster, safer(from alliance gankers =P) and easier because of the constant for no reason resets on them. I gave up after having one reset for over an hour one day.. I think only 2 resets were actually my fault.. like not attacking anough or having to FD.

    Back to hatchlings.. the direhorns I can easily tank with a DPS pet however... no idea why the devilsaurs hit so much harder. Also though(Ithink someone else mentioned this) our tank pets suck this expansion.. a lock's blueberry can tank circles around our pets now.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    Im surprised you could do ONE devilsaur hatchling.. those things tore the eff out of my tank pet. At those complaining about Warbringers.. its not the Warbringer its the ghost. The ghost will 1-2 shot most pets. When it summons the ghost pull your pet or move its location or hope you got agro on it and not the pet. Even so it took two of us to tank it(myself and warlock) which was much faster, safer(from alliance gankers =P) and easier because of the constant for no reason resets on them. I gave up after having one reset for over an hour one day.. I think only 2 resets were actually my fault.. like not attacking anough or having to FD.

    Back to hatchlings.. the direhorns I can easily tank with a DPS pet however... no idea why the devilsaurs hit so much harder. Also though(Ithink someone else mentioned this) our tank pets suck this expansion.. a lock's blueberry can tank circles around our pets now.
    The devilsaurs, both small and large (not that it matters for the large because they hit so hard that the debuff never comes into play) apply a stacking debuff that reduces armor. You should have little issue killing one of the small ones, but if you try a second one and allow it to refresh the debuff and increase the stack, your pet will start taking a lot of damage and probably die. However they are very easy to kite, because they are slowable. Pretty much all of my IoG soloing was done as MM or SV. Kiting small devilsaurs, and pterodactyls, while using the cave + distracting shot glyph trick on the large devilsaurs, which I mentioned earlier.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. It looks like I need to upload a youtube video when I get home, sheesh...
    I welcome your video because you are clearly doing something different. My pet dies before the vengeful spirit is even summoned. I just tested after seeing this thread, he managed 4 shots with shell and I put mend pet up before I even pulled. There was no vengeful spirit.

    Something is definitely off.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    568
    i dont even use a turtle. I use my shale spider in tank spec and pre buff myself with a few of my other pets before the pull.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •