Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really hope they DON'T do what D2 did - inserting Act V into Normal, NM and Hell. Just tack it on to the end of Inferno. Having to play new toons through even more game to get to the end is just a pain, and you end up seeing the new content over and over, wearing it out faster.
    Can agree and understand why 4 difficulty levels are a pain and boring for some aspects. But still, if they put act V as Inferno only that would mean:
    - no new leveling character would see it before reaching level 60.
    - it needs to be at least two difficulties: inferno means all monsters are cap level + 3, good luck fighting act V monsters with your level 60 char; so basically you would need act V leveling version and act V farm version at minimum.
    - if act V was inferno only, that can mean only two things: a) it's the only level 70 inferno content b) they will scale all inferno to level 70. Which both are bad options since they kill the farm choices or kill the endgame for people who won't buy the exp pack.

Imho, better if act V becomes a part of the story/leveling process. Since You are already 60, you can run only act V Hell to level up to 70, than return to farm inferno - i don't think it would be a problem to check which chars have already inferno unlocked and make them go straight to Hell difficulty.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm paraphrasing but a geared character only takes like 70 hours to hit para 100 so just invest 700 hrs into the game before the xpac is released and you should be squared away for para 2.0.

Stop worrying and enjoy. That is all. Me personally I don't really like playing Diablo3 atm, so my main character, a Wizard, has been around P50 for many months now.

Fun time, is not wasted time - As they say or whatever. When exspansion releases and its maybe a more fun game, AND paragon seems worth-while to grind still, then go for it by then. Ofcourse there are people who are hard-core, and can stomach the boredom, or people who truely enjoy the game - They might get an advangtes, but let them...I know I would be very bored playing Diablo3 atm.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really hope they DON'T do what D2 did - inserting Act V into Normal, NM and Hell. Just tack it on to the end of Inferno. Having to play new toons through even more game to get to the end is just a pain, and you end up seeing the new content over and over, wearing it out faster.
    I can't see that happening. Not every player even reaches Inferno and I'm sure Blizzard wants every player to at least experience the new zones. I fully expect they do exactly what they did in D2, adding Act V unto each difficulty setting.

Which means they'll have to tweak XP gains because now you have an extra Act between Normal Act 4 and Nightmare Act 1. This probably means XP gains are going up overall and that at lvl 70 Inferno (which I think will be the highest setting to play all the Acts) you're getting quite a bit more XP than at lvl 60 (which will simply become a natural part of the leveling process up to lvl 70 instead) right now. This is a good thing because it means faster Paragon levels for everyone, which promotes replayability. And since there isn't a cap anymore it won't trivialize anything, it's a win/win for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Imho, better if act V becomes a part of the story/leveling process. Since You are already 60, you can run only act V Hell to level up to 70, than return to farm inferno - i don't think it would be a problem to check which chars have already inferno unlocked and make them go straight to Hell difficulty.
    This is what I think will happen as well.
    Lvl 60 characters will have to go back to Act 5 Hell to complete it and gain lvl 70, at which point they can try Inferno (all Acts) lvl 70.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Fun time, is not wasted time - As they say or whatever. When exspansion releases and its maybe a more fun game, AND paragon seems worth-while to grind still, then go for it by then. Ofcourse there are people who are hard-core, and can stomach the boredom, or people who truely enjoy the game - They might get an advangtes, but let them...I know I would be very bored playing Diablo3 atm.
    Same here, I know you won't lose the effort you put in now. But considering that it'll probably be a lot easier to gain that XP once the expansion is released and you can even find some good gear while doing it, I just can't see why I would play a lot right now. I only risk getting burned out from this game if I play this much without really enjoying it. But hey, that's everyone's personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Same here, I know you won't lose the effort you put in now. But considering that it'll probably be a lot easier to gain that XP once the expansion is released and you can even find some good gear while doing it, I just can't see why I would play a lot right now. I only risk getting burned out from this game if I play this much without really enjoying it. But hey, that's everyone's personal choice.

Yea, I noticed a classic woods, hollow, fields gave me about 30-40% off a level at around P50. Still quit a large grind, regardless how efficent one can grind now days (100 mill XP/HR as a goood aim, but more realistic is maybe abit under 100k).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    No it's not. If you level paragon now, regardless of how fast the 100 levels goes in RoS, you won't lose any of your effort. Level paragon 100 now and another 100 once the expansion is out, and you'll be paragon 200.
    Waste of time is waste of time.

Let's say that you do 50m exp/hour at average atm and you spent 100 hours farming "future paragon". Then imagine that when you hit lvl70 you will be able to do 150m exp/hour. You wasted 2.5 days of your life(a very limited resource, btw!) for pointless farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

Let's say that you do 50m exp/hour at average atm and you spent 100 hours farming "future paragon". Then imagine that when you hit lvl70 you will be able to do 150m exp/hour. You wasted 2.5 days of your life(a very limited resource, btw!) for pointless farming.
    This. The way I see It, I could be on farming 10MP and landing big drops instead of trying to get a boost for reaper of souls. I got 40 billion right now but you never know how much your going to need and with new gems and all legendarys being pro etc, I am aiming for 100B.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Atm i'm trying HC without any real goal other than get high as possible with only self found items (saving things from a dead char is allowed ).

Sometimes i get on my DH and join a public game to get some more paragon XP, but when the patch rocks in, i'm probably rerolling every char, because leveling and farming is awesome.

Only things i will keep of the old legendaries are some cool ones to xmog in RoS (assuming that they will let me ).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post

If the only reason for you to play Diablo 3 is to raise paragon levels, and you get absolutely zero satisfaction from actually playing it, then by all means, figure out something more constructive to do with your time (perhaps raise some other virtual numbers in some other game) meanwhile.

Funny little side not here, the reason in an of itself for paragon levels wasn't to max them out, but they were more like a reward and an incentive for people to keep the grind up. If you're the kind of person who wouldn't have played D3 had there been no paragon levels, if it would've only been about the grind, then ask yourself, is raising the paragon levels, if you truly don't care about the grind and playing D3 itself, really a worthwhile goal in your life?

But, to each their own. I guess once the XP/hour is higher and there's no level cap, it won't be a "waste of time is waste of time." I personally don't see the logic in that, but hey, whatever.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    50m xp/hr is very poor, very very poor.