Rsham stat priority help

Hey! So I'm new to posting on these forums, although I've been a lurker for the past year. I've been playing shaman for about... 7 months. I've MS resto majority of the time and I'm not going to lie, I have the hardest time understanding the stat priority.

I've been raiding with some "hardcore guilds" pushing heroics and all that greatness but I'm constantly looking at my logs and seeing I'm a bit under average. I'm doing whatever I can to learn new ways to increase my healing. But I feel like because I'm not comfortable with how I'm reforging/gemming it's definitely taking a toll on my healing.

In the past 3 weeks I've bounced back and forth between

Int>spirit>Haste(7,613)>Mastery>Crit
    Int>Spirit>Haste(8,882)>Mastery>Crit
    Int>Spirit>Haste(8,882)>Crit>Mastery

(Because I'm a new user, I can't post my armory. I'm on US servers, Snapfox (Mal'Ganis))

My guild is currently on Heroic Lei-Shen progression, but since it's a week before 5.4, they personally don't think we'll be getting it down because we started so late into ToT. So if you have anything in mind for what I should be doing for 5.4 that would be even better.
    Last edited by snapfox; 2013-08-30 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit is still superior to mastery in any way, shape or form.

The 8882 breakpoint might be an option for Rushing Streams. I'm thinking about going there myself. The problem is that the breakpoints for totems are still buggy (I haven't heard about any kind of fix for that on PTR yet, so...).

I always go with Int > Spirit (Comfortable level unless your are a mana battery for 25man) > Haste (12.5% breakpoint) > Mastery (Stopping at the 50-55% range...its still a very strong throughput stat, especially in heroics) > Crit

This currently leaves me with about 55% mastery & 22% crit. Crit is a nice throughput stat plus mana regen tool. The tier 15 4pc removes some of the throughput from crit as AA can proc on regular heals too but as we move into tier 16 crit's throughput will still be very viable (Except the whole unpredictable thing haha). For the new tier, early on, mastery will be strong as people don't know fights, damage intake increases etc. Mastery will always devalue itself as a tier moves along. Raiders generally take less damage as raids have been out fro awhile. The above stat priority should still be good for tier 16 (Just increase that first haste breakpoint to the 25 or maybe even 30% if you want)

Like Seriss said, crit over mastery in every way.

I use the 8882 breakpoint myself, even though rushing streams isn't live, and it feels very nice even with just the T15 2-pc (#12 on H-Lei Shen & #26 on Ra-Den last night with it). Because of the latency bug, I have to go up to 9200 to ensure I get the ticks 100% of the time, and my latency is about 80 for home & world, so I would encourage everyone to test for themselves.

I used the 12.5% breakpoint (with Elemental Mastery) that Drafty mentioned above for this entire expansion up until about a month ago, and very much liked it. Didn't feel overly slow at the time, and was able to load up on so much crit / mastery that it had very nice output. But at this point with gear it's very difficult to keep haste down near 3039, much more realistic to go up to the higher ones now, even if you take Elemental Mastery over Ancestral Swiftness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drafty View Post
    I always go with Int > Spirit (Comfortable level unless your are a mana battery for 25man) > Haste (12.5% breakpoint) > Mastery (Stopping at the 50-55% range...its still a very strong throughput stat, especially in heroics) > Crit
    Funnily enough, that's where I end up at when I get rid of every bit of mastery that I can possibly get rid of - while also avoiding mastery items like the plague unless I don't get lucky with loot or have no choice but to take it (T15-4pc says hi).
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-08-31 at 09:25 AM.

Thank you all for replying.

I'm kind of stuck at 56% mastery at the moment, not much else I can do after reforging out of it completely. I've already reforged as much mastery and spirit into crit (I'm pretty content with my spirit). In 10man raids would you go for the same stat priority, or would you just stack crit and no haste?

Seeing that you all agree mastery is not the stat to go for, then what about our T16 set? It's LOADED with mastery, how will you guys cope with that? Are the set bonuses even worth going for because the items are so poorly itemized?

(sorry for the questions, I'm finally get some things answered after months of wondering)

Quote Originally Posted by snapfox View Post
    what about our T16 set? It's LOADED with mastery, how will you guys cope with that? Are the set bonuses even worth going for because the items are so poorly itemized?
    If things go live the way they are now (and that's a big if), I'll most likely use T15 2pc with T16 2pc for a bit (trying for shoulders / gloves of T15 since those have the least overall stats), and moving to 2-pc T16 with off set peices in the other slots. The 4-pc in its current state is very poor, especially since I run 25s, and imho not worth keeping tier peices that are lower ilvl & less optimized than alternatives.

For 10s I would consider keeping it, honestly all depends on what pieces you have available and what your overall stat loss/gain is. As disappointing as the 4pc is, it will be decent atleast for 10mans, so if it's only 6 ilvls in a few spots I would keep it.

I'm kind of stuck at 56% mastery at the moment, not much else I can do after reforging out of it completely. I've already reforged as much mastery and spirit into crit (I'm pretty content with my spirit). In 10man raids would you go for the same stat priority, or would you just stack crit and no haste?
    I'm the same way, I think mastery is at 7k or so and that's trying hard to get away from it. Hard for me to speak on 10s since I haven't done any heroic 10man fights since Cata, but I can't imagine haste being less useful. I think the 8882 breakpoint is a great place to start 5.4 with (bumped up for your personal latency).

Quote Originally Posted by RestoMurilo View Post
    I'm the same way, I think mastery is at 7k or so and that's trying hard to get away from it. Hard for me to speak on 10s since I haven't done any heroic 10man fights since Cata, but I can't imagine haste being less useful. I think the 8882 breakpoint is a great place to start 5.4 with (bumped up for your personal latency).

How would you determine your haste with latency? Sadly, I live pretty far out from the city so I tend to have 120-130 Latency (that's green for me lol) Which is know is very bad, but hey... I'm able to play with zero lag and I don't really notice any crazy delay while raiding.

Well as of right now I'm in a 25man and I was considering going back to 10's but I feel it's unfair that I leave my guild right before SoO so i'm going to power it out. Now that I know Crit>Mastery I'll really be working toward picking the correct items next tier. I hate using the whole "I play a shaman, so of course I'm going to be low in heals" as an excuse to why I'm doing poorly.

Sadly, I live pretty far out from the city so I tend to have 120-130 Latency (that's green for me lol) Which is know is very bad, but hey...
    The Aussies I used to raid with would string you up for saying that >_>

Anyway, I'm pretty similar to what's already been said. Int > Haste Breakpoint > Spi = Crit > Mastery.

For 5.4, it's worth keeping in mind that Chain Heal is getting amazing buffs (no DR, glyphed CD reduced). You might want to look at gearing through the lens of using a lot more CH than you currently do on live.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US

How would you determine your haste with latency? Sadly, I live pretty far out from the city so I tend to have 120-130 Latency (that's green for me lol) Which is know is very bad, but hey... I'm able to play with zero lag and I don't really notice any crazy delay while raiding.
    I run at 80-85 generally. The only thing it affects is the HST / HTT breakpoints, it takes a bit more rating to get the full # of ticks you should, depending on latency. Only real way to do it is test for yourself, when I was right at 8882 I was getting the full ticks ~70% of the time IIRC, and basically I just bumped up haste in increments and kept putting down HSTs. Took me 300 over to get 100% full ticks. But the HST breakpoint is worth it imo, especially with Rushing Streams coming.

I think 12115 is gonna be a good option once SoO starts, since it's 600 or so over the HTT breakpoint and ignores the latency thing. My plan for 5.4 is 8882 breakpoint going in (actually 9100 for latency), 12115 when possible, then 15316 when possible.

Edit: Posted while being way too tired and didn't make any sense
    Last edited by snapfox; 2013-08-31 at 05:01 PM.