Thread: Player Housing

Player Housing

The traditional player housing in MMOs isn't very interesting, maybe with the exception of Ultima Online. This was because you owned part of the world, making the area have real value.
    Nice to see some developer acknowledgement for one of their predecessors. I played UO for its first 5 years. Housing was interesting, and a far superior gold sink to anything in Warcraft. Hell, I even sold in-game housing for actual cash on a couple occasions. It's too bad Warcraft didn't implement some of the other parts of UO into WoW, as well. The profession/crafting system was top-notch. WoW's is garbage by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Nice to see some developer acknowledgement for one of their predecessors. I played UO for its first 5 years. Housing was interesting, and a far superior gold sink to anything in Warcraft. Hell, I even sold in-game housing for actual cash on a couple occasions. It's too bad Warcraft didn't implement some of the other parts of UO into WoW, as well. The profession/crafting system was top-notch. WoW's is garbage by comparison.
    Every MMO has its rights and wrongs. in the 2004 MMO market WoW had a lot more rights than wrongs of any other MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dupe thread much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as a duplicate of the currently active thread linked in #3 above. Please post there if you have any additional thoughts.

Thanks and in the future please don't create duplicate threads.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."