I am planning to redo my UI to make it a little less memory-heavy and trim a lot of fat (I use some 30+ addons currently I believe, although some are additions to other addons).

My main point of concern right now is placement specifically of my unit frames (if I continue to use ElvUI as a base I'll probably use the built-in frames, otherwise more than likely VuhDo) and boss timers. I normally keep the unit frames in the "default" position of the left side of the screen, above the chat box, but being a Paladin I sometimes use mouseover binds for things like Hand of Protection and Cleanse, and I've found it a bit cumbersome to move the mouse to the left while still paying attention to what's going on. I've seen a few UIs that place the unit frames in the middle between the player and target frame (this is typically on healer UIs it seems) but that brings me to my next placement issue... boss timers.

My boss timers are normally left side of the screen (above the unit frames) for the "regular" bars and then I tend to place the larger/emphasized bars close to the middle of the screen so I can plainly see if X ability is coming up (this is especially true for things where I need to time Shield of the Righteous to be up for it e.g. Triple Puncture, Snapping Bite and Talon Rake). However, it seems like I can't really have both the unit frames and the boss timers in the same area since my UI idea also involves having my "core" abilities in a 2x5 grouping of large buttons (similar to Fraggoji's UI if you have seen a screenshot of that) for tracking purposes, which is pretty much non-negotiable as I really like how that works and feels.

How do you lay out your frames and boss timers? I could not use the larger bar at all but I find if the bars are off to the upper right or upper left I tend to either not notice them, or have to look towards them and could miss something else important on my screen. On the flip side I've seen a couple of UIs where the unit frames are smaller and out of the way (this seems typical for pure DPS where you don't have anything like a Paladin's Hand spells) but since I do have utility spells this seems like it would be worse than just sticking them to the left side.

Any suggestions or layout screenshots (even better!) would be awesome as I'm trying to figure out a good way to not clutter up my screen too much but at the same time maximize my effectiveness as a tank.