Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axylum View Post
    1. It was the first expansion
    2. Levelling went smoother
    3. Raids were really challenging & amazing
    4. The tier looked amazing in those days and anyone who got their hands on a full set was the equivalent like a hardcore heroic raider
    5. Heroics & Atunement farm (some disliked it) but I found it quite amusing back than
    6. Flying mounts for the first time!!!
    7. 2 new races wich was a welcome addition on the classic races
    8. Illidan & his cinematic
    9. Arena & pvp was quite fun back than
    10. World pvp
    11. Gold ment something.
    12. Gear was not that easy to get.

And alot more!
    (add to the list)

Quote Originally Posted by logintime View Post
    That's complete bollocks. I play on a private vanilla server, because
    You're minority. Most people play on pirate servers because they don't want to pay, the high number of recent expansion servers compared to vanilla is the proof of that. Therefore claiming anything based on pirate server popularity is worth exactly nothing.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ro8ter View Post
    People love what they started playing on, vanilla, TBC, WLK, etc.
    I started playing at launch and played regularly up until a few months ago. I still think TBC was the best, even though I had loads of fun throughout each phase of the game. I know people who started playing during Wrath and Cata that hated those expansions but love MOP. It may be a blanket statement with a high accuracy rate, but it's not always going to be true

Hello everyone

I think most ppl like TBC because it was 1st expansion, arenas were introduced, also new Raids ( 10 / 25 ) and 5man instances with Normal/Heroic modes up

A whole new world we discovered and we even got there flying mounts. Loads of ppl like Nagrand and in that zone we experienced some world PvP ( with Halaa )

I dont know, but i believe those are the main reasons ppl liked TBC I personally liked it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    11. Gold ment something.
    12. Gear was not that easy to get.

And alot more!
    (add to the list)
    13. Titles meant something
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    It's nostalgia. I don't care what anyone else thinks, that's the truth. As a player since vanilla, I have to say that all of you crying bloody murder from the rooftops that any old and inferior expansion/game is better than what's out now to kindly look at the truth and accept that it's just your own preferance and what we have now is superior to the old stuff in every way.
    You saying what we have now is superior is also your own preference. Hypocritical much? At least one could claim as fact that BC was infinitely more successful than MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh. All these people stuck in the past in this thread. Could swear I am the only one on mmo champ that looks forward for the new stuff and doesn't dwell on the past.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Alerzhul View Post
    You saying what we have now is superior is also your own preference. Hypocritical much? At least one could claim as fact that BC was infinitely more successful than MoP
    Of course!

10+ Year Old Account
    As most people said. I will always consider tbc as best expac because it was my first expansion, and mmo. It means nub days, entire new world to see, so much to discover about my class, firsts instances or raids, alot of characters from warcraft RTS game etc.

Deleted
    TBC was a lot of players' "adolescence," as it were. For many, it was literally so as well. I was a lot younger and had a lot more time, will, and energy to endure TBC's downsides--and they were legion.

TBC was a good expansion, although Wrath was the best one for me, honestly. Still, there were many, many things in TBC, Wrath, and every expansion following that I hated, things I'm glad were fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bleh. All these people stuck in the past in this thread. Could swear I am the only one on mmo champ that looks forward for the new stuff and doesn't dwell on the past.

Dont get me wrong, i like MoP too and upcomming 5.4

I think if they kept the TBC model, and just added in dual spec, made hybrids viable like they are now, and a few other QoL changes, the game would be perfected.

I think if they kept the TBC model, and just added in dual spec, made hybrids viable like they are now, and a few other QoL changes, the game would be perfected.
    This made me lol.. how ironic, wants to keep TBC model, but yet wants things added and "hybrids viable like they are now"

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    This made me lol.. how ironic, wants to keep TBC model, but yet wants things added and "hybrids viable like they are now"
    I mean keep the pve and pvp content the same, but just add more interesting rotations, dual spec, and make hybrids much better (and if you think hybrids were great in TBC, ret says hello lol). What's ironic about that?

In TBC only a few "completed" the game. There was always something to work towards. You were not gonna see the next raid without putting in the effort unless you were very lucky.

People do LFR now and consider the game complete

There were always things to tinker with in TBC, most notably Talents. I agree with why Blizzard removed Talents, but in hindsight i think the game needs the illusion of choice. There was also alot of non instance gear that was good well into raiding. I still recall Manimals Cinche (iirc), a green quest item, being awesome for my Bear till TK.

Now, my talents are set amd almost all gear of a higher ILVL will be better for me. There is little to Tinker with. My Monk feels no more differnt than every other monk.

WoW is still a great game, prob the best out there still imho, but i dont need to log in to keep my char maxed. My guild of 5+ years is now dead and normal raiding was less fun as people began to expect progress rather than realising they had to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro8ter View Post
    People love what they started playing on, vanilla, TBC, WLK, etc.

Dr Who TV show is the same way, your favorite Doctor is the Dr who as on when you started watching.
    Not even close to true.

I started in vanilla and TBC was still the best expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellikk View Post
    Not even close to true.

I started in vanilla and TBC was still the best expansion.
    I agree with that.

As a warrior tank, I liked TBC the best because it made you work and if you did it well, you were rewarded for it. I remember people telling me "I won't do H Shattered Halls without a paladin tank.. or you." I pugged one of the T14 25m raids (Gruul or Magtheridon -- can't remember), and some random person I didn't know cheered when I joined the group and commented on my prior tanking (which also brings up realm community, which is gone for the most part as well...). Wrath entered the dumbing down of tanking (starting with changing Shield Block -- which Blizz tried to bring back towards its original conception in MoP but I think it was already too long gone by that point), which only got worse in Cataclysm. Now.. any random person can tank and you won't notice the difference unless you are in heroic content (where slight differences can matter) or the tank is well below average.

Because they were bored by Vanilla.

Combination of things. For one, that time period is when my guild was at its strongest, by far. All my best friends in WoW were still playing, and we did everything together. That made the game itself a lot more enjoyable. I also loved Outland and the whole "alien planet" theme it had. I enjoyed all the quests I did there and thought the whole place was beautifully designed. I don't think I will ever forget stepping through the Dark Portal for the first time and seeing Hellfire Peninsula.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not one of those "OMG THE GAME SUCKS NOW YOU FAIL IF YOU WEREN'T PLAYING IN THE GOOD DAYS" people. I've enjoyed the game overall, but BC was my favorite expansion by far.

No idea. Worst expansion. I wouldn't like to play it now. So outdated and full of stupid mechanics (lol @ talent trees).