Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Because everything you did mattered ingame... every piece of gold you farmed, every reputationpoint you got, every long questchain you completed imrpoved your char.
    Much effort, much gain.

Mainly because TBC is the first expansion that brought lots of improvments to the game while still retaining some good bits of vanilla

Curse you Fel Reaver!! (you too Devilsaur)

Because the game was still good. /Thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axylum View Post
    1. It was the first expansion
    2. Levelling went smoother
    3. Raids were really challenging & amazing
    4. The tier looked amazing in those days and anyone who got their hands on a full set was the equivalent like a hardcore heroic raider
    5. Heroics & Atunement farm (some disliked it) but I found it quite amusing back than
    6. Flying mounts for the first time!!!
    7. 2 new races wich was a welcome addition on the classic races
    8. Illidan & his cinematic
    9. Arena & pvp was quite fun back than
    10. World pvp

And I could go on and on but you will probably don't get it unless you we're in it yourself.
    It was a blast, I wouldn't go back to it now since its not really relevant for the current
    gaming generation (things took to long for the casual gamer) but man did we have fun
    I share the same opinion bro. Everything was a challenge back then and getting epic gear actually felt...epic. And getting raiding Tiers felt even more rewarding, it was the ultimate reward with amazing looks and artwork. And it was the GOLD AGE for World pvp. Terokar Forest, Nagrand, Hellfire...anyone?

I just want to reply to everyone in this Threat saying the following:
    "Stop living in the past"
    "The game is just old and its decline is merely because of the games age"
    "You are just a bunch of elitists who want the rewards/content just for you"
    "You are just haters"

You know nothing about this game history and its evolution trough time.
    Change is not always good. Blizzard tested changes in World of Warcraft and changed the whole formula of the game. This is no longer the world we used to know. We are not hating, we are actually trying to help improve the game, pointing out what as been done right and been done wrong through time. If you insist in calling us "Haters" I assume then I can call you "Fanboys". You are accepting Blizzard like your god that never makes mistakes and just accepting every single decision the company makes without any sense of criticism and healthy debates to help improve the game.

This game has too much unseen content that I wanted to live and experience. Since Cataclysm came out, years passed and I still haven't seen the world because Blizzard don't support world roaming and leveling, world events etc. I could care less about the games age and graphics, I always play in minimum graphic requirements anyway. Its the formula that's isn't there anymore. And im no hater, I love this world blizzard made, but still....this is my opinion and I still cant come back to wow...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being completely and totally honest? We didn't. There was just as much whining then as there is now, if not more because the population was higher. Arena and badge gear during TBC got just as much whining as LFR does now.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

You failed OP! You compared a drawing to some random gear. GJ!! Most have made obvious statements of why it was so good. I mean look Blizz had 2 plus years to work on the expansion and probably longer since while they were on vanilla they had ideas and concepts that they saved for TBC. If you have a fairly good time to put on good material you generally do. Now Blizz plan is expansion every year, which means some things will be rushed and not as much thought.

Again good job on your post OP!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I share the same opinion bro. Everything was a challenge back then and getting epic gear actually felt...epic. And getting raiding Tiers felt even more rewarding, it was the ultimate reward with amazing looks and artwork. And it was the GOLD AGE for World pvp. Terokar Forest, Nagrand, Hellfire...anyone?
    I just want to address this really quickly ... Back during TBC the people who raided during vanilla WoW claimed that only in vanilla WoW was everything a challenge and epics felt epic. Vanilla raiders said that epics lost their epic feeling in BC due to badge gear and arena epics.

World PvP died in BC as well. It was very fun and very active until around arena season 2, and then it was pretty much bullshit.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

People liked it because the game was like 10x easier back then, even really crappy guilds were able to clear Black Temple before Sunwell dropped. Completing a current heroic tier now is like clearing Naxx or Sunwell when they were current.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I just want to address this really quickly ... Back during TBC the people who raided during vanilla WoW claimed that only in vanilla WoW was everything a challenge and epics felt epic. Vanilla raiders said that epics lost their epic feeling in BC due to badge gear and arena epics.

World PvP died in BC as well. It was very fun and very active until around arena season 2, and then it was pretty much bullshit.
    Isle of Quel'danas disagres..

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    People liked it because the game was like 10x easier back then, even really crappy guilds were able to clear Black Temple before Sunwell dropped. Completing a current heroic tier now is like clearing Naxx or Sunwell when they were current.
    hahahaha..haha i just had to.
    So every 13/13 guild today could clear Classic Naxx or Sunwell before nerfs? You are a funny one

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Everything gets older after a time. Just like in two years no one would play on a MoP server. Nostalgia for a good reason as well, TBC was the golden age of WOW and it was a significant upgrade over vanilla in every way. WOTLK expanded on that in a casual way until ICC was drawn out and Cata just lost it all.
    Wrath didn't expand on what TBC did at all, they had nothing in common concerning progression, raids, PvP or dungeons. Two totally different cups of tea, which is why there was so much whining about Wrath when it was current, especially when it just launched, it felt like a totally different game, for better or worse that depends on the person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Perhaps, but as I said in my other post here how many guilds were stuck in Karazhan for all of TBC, for whatever reason? How is that at all possibly better than letting people see the latest and greatest, than to be stuck for the whole expansion in one area? It's already been stated multiple times by Blizzard that the "carrot on the stick" approach doesn't work to improve the playerbase; hardly anyone would just "rise to the occasion" and improve to get to that next level, after a long time of struggling they give up.
    What is the demographics and characteristics of those who didn't rise to the occasion and actually did give up? I can't possibly comprehend an average person, a normal person, giving up to something as simple as karazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Wrath didn't expand on what TBC did at all, they had nothing in common concerning progression, raids, PvP or dungeons. Two totally different cups of tea, which is why there was so much whining about Wrath when it was current, especially when it just launched, it felt like a totally different game, for better or worse that depends on the person.
    From what I remember, I was a little pissed at the drop in difficulty raid wise. Naxx 25 was faceroll. This was "progression" in the sense that casuals started getting decent rewards. For example, my brothers guild could barely kill any 25 man bosses in TBC but they thrived in the easy content of WOTLK. I missed the first two weeks of Wrath, so perhaps this whining I missed (had no internet, changed continents).

It seems that Wotlk did make the game more casual friendly, which is what I wanted to state;

10+ Year Old Account
    My first raids, when I went from not really knowing stuff to raid leading and main tanking. I enjoyed the feeling of progression that is lacking a little now even though I never really progressed much at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why was TBC the best? Multiple reasons... it was the first time arena was released and we actually had seasons. Raiding was more intense/hardcore than it had ever been. The races were good and had good animations... The story was very intriguing and for the first time, we left azzeroth. Introduction of flying mounts also made it more memorable... but I think what made TBC perfect, was moderation. There wasn't too much of something and never too little of another. PvE was perfect... WoW has never come as close to perfect as it was in TBC... Blizzard focused strictly on progression and wanted the players to experience all the content. Before MGT was released, there were no other ways to progress other than doing heroics and eventually doing your first 10 man.

Where's the fun in having new heroics every content patch? Why wouldn't someone want to do all the raids and gear up slowly? Everyone just wants to blow through the game nowadays.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I started playing wow in TBC and I did love it. Kara was epic and so was Zul'aman. I never made it to 25 mans due to our guild could not get out of the feeder status. Every time our guild would get close to doing 25s the other stronger guild would come along and pluck players from us. That was the shitty part of raiding in TBC. I do look fondly on the TBC but I do think that game has gotten better despite with other people say and the declining subs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah, we looked like we just came from every department of a Value Village =p There was more to WoW than the current graphics / no transmogs.

I joined WoW right when BC started, for me stepping into Outland felt huge, like I was some tiny speck entering a world far too overwhelming for some "hero" to take on. The music was fantastic to accompany, it felt like they really hit the nail on the head for each zone. Matt Uelmen's contributions were a BIG part of that for me (Huge fan of the Diablo soundtracks). Other than Outland's size, the colour and environments were great~ Have yet to go through Hellfire once without looking up at the sky.. The dungeons and leveling were good, and I always liked traveling to each location for quests or heroics/raids. Granted, no expansion will have all good memories and TBC had some like every other.. but the majority for me was from dungeons and raids. My soloing experience was often whatever I made it, and I spent many hours farming motes either in Nagrand or Netherstorm. Sometimes I'd mine Fel Iron around Hellfire. Sure, not everyone did it, nor did many like it then either, but it wasn't mandatory. It was my source of time being used for what I wanted to achieve, and / or it was fun =)

**A Bit Off Topic**
    Thinking about how I played then and how I play now is a different scene in itself. I spent most of my time at best on 2 characters.. and it was never bouncing back and forth. I would get bored of playing that one character and transition to the other. Now I find myself with 6 90's bouncing between a few of them gearing up LFRs, doing a couple dailies or farming to pass the time. I'm investing a lot more time to just gear these guys up rather than the cosmetic side of things for single characters.. and that's just it. I'm making my burden much heavier than I ever did years before. I still have my main well geared and stocked, reputations maxed and sought current achievements and whatnot, but I burnt out at points.. I spent a lot more time on this expansion than any previous to my knowledge... and yet, I still am enjoying it.

WoW for me will always be whatever I decide to make of it. I follow the game much like I would a band releasing album after album. Much like that, they may change direction sometimes, and there will always be that flock of people going "remember when *insert thing here* used to be good?". It's an opinion, and they're allowed to have it and think it even if some may emphasize how bad it is to them by ruthlessly criticizing it. On the other hand, there will always be a core crowd of people who will likely continue to follow because they are just as curious as the creators in where they are going.

**Back On Topic**
    So basically the game style itself was fun, it was a new experience for me, and for TBC the visuals / music were icing on the cake. To me, the game is still doing good with a few convenient shifts. Those shifts however haven't taken the game off road, which is why I'm still here. I'm one of those who want to see where this is going to.

Deleted
    I could agree to some degree that people prefer tbc is nostalgi, it was for sure a uniqie experiense and for me atleast i liked the difficulity and the real progress system overall sure the first bosses in kara was a thrash over but fights like NB, NS, Prince was quite challanging and it could take nights of whipes before managing to get them down.

With todays progress system you can just braindeadly get full epic gear using lootpinata tool lfr or facerolling instance with ease cc or any cordination or tactic is not necessary at all which also leads to no need for communication within the game so the social experiense is pretty much non-existen nowdays.
    Sure the normals and heroic raids may be challenging (i personally havent been to single raid in mop) but for me the the increased decline in realmcomunity and the decrease in social encounters aswell as the fact i just dont enjoy the causal approach the game has taken.

I started playing on a tbc 2.4.3 server some time ago and i found myself enjoying it more then current wow so i guess you cant just be so ignorant and claim that it's just nostalgia, i just enjoy the more and perhaps more time consuming but also more challenging progressing system.

Whatever i'm just rumbling but i don't have anything better to do right now so might aswell throw in my opinon on the topic (Quite high right now) so bare with me on the grammar and shit now will ya?

fuck , just look at the season 14 piece of shit and compare it to tier 4/5/6

yeah, this is nostaligia ..... season 14 is really a work of art HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

Because the game went to crap mid-wrath (right after ulduar).
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.