Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d00f View Post
    But LFR loot chance is not 100% ?
    There was another post that the first kill will always drop a heirloom

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Eh, not going any deeper. There are threads elsewhere going over this and I can't control/explain how your raid loot is distributed.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    There was another post that the first kill will always drop a heirloom

Edit:

^
    Where ? I've only seen the post you linked, that doesn't imply you get a weapon on the first kill.

To be honest having a guaranteed relevant weapon drop on your first garrosh kill sounds completely retarded.

August 12

Ghostcrawler was interviewed by Twizzcast.
    The heirloom weapons that drop from Garrosh are personal loot in Flex, Normal, and Heroic difficulty. The first heirloom weapon that drops for you will be for your current loot spec, but after that you will get one at random.

front of mmo champ a few weeks ago
    As I read this, it doesn't say you get a weapon on your first kill. Just that the first weapon you get is gonna be for your current spec.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really understand this discussion about weapons anyway, do you imply that we cannot use our current weapons? Any class is gonna want a weapon during progression, not everyone will get it. This is not unique for warriors, but that doesn't mean you can't raid.

Personally I have 3 x two-handers (TG setup and the haste sword for Arms) as well as 2 x HCTF one-handers. I plan on taking them with me into the next tier...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    As I read this, it doesn't say you get a weapon on your first kill. Just that the first weapon you get is gonna be for your current spec.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really understand this discussion about weapons anyway, do you imply that we cannot use our current weapons? Any class is gonna want a weapon during progression, not everyone will get it. This is not unique for warriors, but that doesn't mean you can't raid.

Personally I have 3 x two-handers (TG setup and the haste sword for Arms) as well as 2 x HCTF one-handers. I plan on taking them with me into the next tier...
    not 100% sure there going to always drop on ur first kill, i kinda got confused by guildies linking me some GC post's

10+ Year Old Account
    not 100% sure there going to always drop on ur first kill, i kinda got confused by guildies linking me some GC post's
    You r not guaranteed one on your first drop. Though for your main spec wep only will you keep getting an increase chance each time till you get it. Only works for ur first

Quote Originally Posted by d00f View Post
    ?? oh ok didnt know that oO
    Where is news for that?
    You can ask about it before making statements, this is how false facts are being spread. People making claims without actually knowing.

I have 1 Blood, 1 Ret, and another warrior in my raid.

So in total we'd need 6 2H to drop, which isn't even sort of feasible to think about. So I'm going to guess I try for an Arms weapon and stay SMF w/ the weapons I can get a hold of in my raid. Seems stupid to take 2 2H when you need so many in the first place.

That would be nice if I got the heirloom weapon my first kill even if it's not entirely likely. Will definitely be coining him first week anyway for the shoulders or 2h.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

It all comes down to what drops. Theorizing about it is almost a moot point. Same with a "BiS list". What would be more beneficial is for you as an individual to look at all the loot that drops in the raid, and putting them in a ranking order of what is best for you. You may think something is bad for you and then it becomes good for you when you coin something else.
    Likewise with weapons. Talk to the other members of your raid, see what they are going for. Lets you know where you should use your coins; and where you shouldn't. Coining for a specific boss for one item may not be a good idea if you are the only one in your raid who wants that item. It may be better to use that coin elsewhere for loot your competition wants.

TLDR: Look at everything and decide for yourselves, don't just rely on someone to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It all comes down to what drops. Theorizing about it is almost a moot point. Same with a "BiS list". What would be more beneficial is for you as an individual to look at all the loot that drops in the raid, and putting them in a ranking order of what is best for you. You may think something is bad for you and then it becomes good for you when you coin something else.
    Likewise with weapons. Talk to the other members of your raid, see what they are going for. Lets you know where you should use your coins; and where you shouldn't. Coining for a specific boss for one item may not be a good idea if you are the only one in your raid who wants that item. It may be better to use that coin elsewhere for loot your competition wants.

TLDR: Look at everything and decide for yourselves, don't just rely on someone to tell you.
    The main issue I have with BiS lists is the fact that it is not practical or even realistic to achieve before a few months into the patch. I'd much rather look at what's actually gonna drop during progression and basically ignore last (two-three) boss(es), as by the time you reach that far in the instance progress is pretty much over.

On to another thing: Stats. Are people going crit>mastery>haste as that would fit both fury and arms (aoe)? Or are we seeing anything different on ptr, I havent been able to test or play around with simcraft, so I'm curious as to what people are actually finding right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    The main issue I have with BiS lists is the fact that it is not practical or even realistic to achieve before a few months into the patch. I'd much rather look at what's actually gonna drop during progression and basically ignore last (two-three) boss(es), as by the time you reach that far in the instance progress is pretty much over.

On to another thing: Stats. Are people going crit>mastery>haste as that would fit both fury and arms (aoe)? Or are we seeing anything different on ptr, I havent been able to test or play around with simcraft, so I'm curious as to what people are actually finding right now.
    I'm going to prioritize Fury (crit>mast>haste) and reforge when needed because fuck Arms; haha. But really, using Arms for AoE, reforging out of mastery into haste isn't optimal but it is decent. I think it gives better returns than reforging haste-> mastery for Fury. Either way, my raid group has heavy AoE, so having slightly sub optimal cleave and better single target will likely bring better returns than otherwise. And after progression is done for select bosses I will likely just be straight Fury, so that gearing sets me up for it.

Either way, like I said above, it likely won't matter because it all depends on what drops, but that is what I am planning for. Our raid will be running War (me), Ret, and 1-2 DK (likely dw Frost). So priority for 2hrs will go to myself and the Ret first.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I'm going to prioritize Fury (crit>mast>haste) and reforge when needed because fuck Arms; haha. But really, using Arms for AoE, reforging out of mastery into haste isn't optimal but it is decent. I think it gives better returns than reforging haste-> mastery for Fury. Either way, my raid group has heavy AoE, so having slightly sub optimal cleave and better single target will likely bring better returns than otherwise. And after progression is done for select bosses I will likely just be straight Fury, so that gearing sets me up for it.

Either way, like I said above, it likely won't matter because it all depends on what drops, but that is what I am planning for. Our raid will be running War (me), Ret, and 1-2 DK (likely dw Frost). So priority for 2hrs will go to myself and the Ret first.
    Reason why I'm asking is that I assume mastery procs on aoe while haste might not do as much for arms in those situations. Cuz if I am correct that would mean that we can basically run the same reforge/gemming for both specs..?

Honestly not sure on the exact math, but I know the haste improves its single target more than mastery. And considering that Arms AoE is based off its single target attacks cleaving (for the most part) I assume the difference is minimal, plus the single target advantage while not cleaving during said fight. That said I'm fairly sure I the mathematicians among us said haste is still superior.
    I'd actually be pretty happy if I was wrong! Maybe someone smarter can come in and clear it up.

Deleted
    What's with 2p t16 interaction with mastery, did you take that into consideration?

- 8.5 rage gained vs 11.0 in the picture above
    - 9k vs 6k haste or 5 more melee swings over a 5 minutes fight (120 vs 125) with both sample profiles
    - 4k vs 9k mastery or 132 vs 171 mastery proccs, resulting in 26 vs 29 sudden death proccs
    - plus no more interaction with haste and RPPM trinkets in 5.4
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-09-04 at 10:33 AM.

Collison can elaborate on the numbers, he found a mastery heavy Arms setup (favoring mastery and haste on gear) to be superior single target if you use OPs/HS instead of Slams inside of CS. I believe he gained about 25k DPS on single target in BiS gear. This revolves around getting as much rage from the T16 2-set bonus, by squezing in 5 abilities (2x MS, 3xOP) plus HS and mastery procs in CS. The problem with this approach is that your AOE suffers, which is why we want to be arms in the first place.

And even with all these optimizations (reforging, gearing for mastery) fury is still ahead on single target.

Collison can elaborate on the numbers, he found a mastery heavy Arms setup (favoring mastery and haste on gear) to be superior single target if you use OPs/HS instead of Slams inside of CS. I believe he gained about 25k DPS on single target in BiS gear. This revolves around getting as much rage from the T16 2-set bonus, by squezing in 5 abilities (2x MS, 3xOP) plus HS and mastery procs in CS. The problem with this approach is that your AOE suffers, which is why we want to be arms in the first place.

And even with all these optimizations (reforging, gearing for mastery) fury is still ahead on single target.
    Not really interested in changing the entire approach :P More interested in finding a middle ground or a point where ur single target as fury is still very strong while aoe doesn't suffer. But yeah, I guess there's no way of getting around it then :P Gotta reforge for each fight... meh.

(or just stay arms for the entire tier)

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    Not really interested in changing the entire approach :P More interested in finding a middle ground or a point where ur single target as fury is still very strong while aoe doesn't suffer. But yeah, I guess there's no way of getting around it then :P Gotta reforge for each fight... meh.

(or just stay arms for the entire tier)
    You will most likely have to reforge for hit/expertise either way. As far as I know Arms doesn't care alot about secondary stats, so while reforging for haste instead of mastery is an increase, the difference is not huge. But since you need to change weapons you will most likely reforge regardless (unless you have weapons without hit/expertise at all).

In that situation, if you really don't want to reforge I believe using a normal fury crit>mastery>haste build won't hurt your Arms AOE much.

You will most likely have to reforge for hit/expertise either way. As far as I know Arms doesn't care alot about secondary stats, so while reforging for haste instead of mastery is an increase, the difference is not huge. But since you need to change weapons you will most likely reforge regardless (unless you have weapons without hit/expertise at all).

In that situation, if you really don't want to reforge I believe using a normal fury crit>mastery>haste build won't hurt your Arms AOE much.
    It wont be an issue at all as TG will be prefered due to SB, and there's no 2handers with hit/exp. Meaning all u need u get from other pieces so u're free to swap specs. And regarding weapons and all; It's 2 warriors and 1 ret (no dks :O ) in my guild atm, so it's not like I'm gonna take it from someone in desperate need, and if 1handers drop they're going to our badly geared 2nd warrior :P

And it's not about not wanting to reforge, I'm simply asking if haste or mastery is showing up as better on aoe (not cleave - i kinda figured haste would still be king there) for arms.

And from what I've seen from testing the single target difference between fury and arms isn't revolutionary, so staying arms single target is still viable.
    Last edited by Juni; 2013-09-04 at 12:28 PM.

I got most of my weapons from coin rolls this tier maybe I'm just lucky but it's not impossible to get 2H even if they don't drop from the boss or if other people need them.

Is 4P+HC Shaman Chest or 4P+N Garrosh shoulders better? I feel like the former, but I'm just double checking.

And it looks like I'll be given any Str 1H in my raid, I feel like I should try picking up a 2H for arms anyways, and stay w/ really good 1H until the 2H users get a good weapon.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Is 4P+HC Shaman Chest or 4P+N Garrosh shoulders better? I feel like the former, but I'm just double checking.

And it looks like I'll be given any Str 1H in my raid, I feel like I should try picking up a 2H for arms anyways, and stay w/ really good 1H until the 2H users get a good weapon.
    I haven't done the math. But it would make sense for the former to be better for a "progress bis", while the 4pc + hc tusks from garrosh will be better for an absolute BiS.