Page 1 of 2
LastLast

10 HM Animus Zerg Strat---Tank Issue

We were just trying a zerg strat for this after watching a couple of videos and feeling confident. What took the wind out of our sails was our Pally tank dropping in about 10 seconds. We tried giving him 3 adds, killing one of them immediately and then he holds two the rest of the way but after a couple of almost immediate wipes we changed it up a bit and left him with two but I was wondering if there is something he is forgetting to do. I don;t know Prot that well at all but I feel like this is a cd issue. Logs below:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4y...pes&boss=69427

Constructive criticism would be appreciated

Are those logs bugged? Half the attempts show him doing like 50k dps (your raid never did over 100mill to him in the 1 min attempts so you are looking at a 3 min kill?) ie the zerg won't work.

Anyway on the tank, hes getting hit by the anima font regularly and it caused 2 of his deaths. He also got hit by an anima ring which increases the damage he takes by 200% for 15 seconds. Just what he doesn't need when hes tanking hard hitting stuff.
    1) Hes using DP, HA is a better CD because it covers 30 odd sec of physical damage. He hit 8 SoTR's in 1 minute for a 33% uptime. If he plays well and gets it above 60% then he may still die. Atm hes on a hiding to nothing.
    2) His SS wasn't up all the time. Vengeance boosted it's immense.

Anyway, long story short and unless I'm misreading this you don't have the dps for it. You are about 600k raid dps short assuming you can live for 130 sec.

Deleted
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y7...?s=7493&e=7623

your dps should look something like that. Your ProtPally does too less dmg, too.

edit: our tank takes 3 at the beginning. after killing one he taunts one from a DD, who has two adds (our warlock), after that he kills 1 again and tanks the boss with 2 adds. Until he has 2 adds, its very hard to take him alive.
    Last edited by mmocaa34716105; 2013-08-30 at 09:29 PM.

For the zerg to work you need to have the tank doing 600k+ dps, which is not very hard at all assuming he plays correctly, you basically just pop everything at the start and then hit a 600k veng sacred shield, kill off the third golem and then absorb your way to victory. You cannot take even 1 stack of orb ever and must keep moving for font. Only two anima golems can die into animus, any more and he will enrage early. But as said above you're way off the mark for dps.

He's forgetting to shield of the righteous and use his cooldowns properly. Frankly, I don't know how your raid got to a minute long attempt. Your tank just isn't doing his job. Should be getting over 90% uptime on SOTR buff on that fight and doing closer to 600k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    He's forgetting to shield of the righteous and use his cooldowns properly.
    Honestly it looks like the guy is afk or something.

That paladin right there looks like he's AFK for... well most of the time.

But please enlighten me... since when do you NEED 600k+ DPS TANKS OLOLOLOL for the Zerg strategy to work?>.<
    Our latest kill looks like this:

Kind of stupid to be giving DPS advice as long as you don't kill it/don't kill it with the Zerg strat/ ARE UNABLE TO DO BASIC MATH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    That paladin right there looks like he's AFK for... well most of the time.

But please enlighten me... since when do you NEED 600k+ DPS TANKS OLOLOLOL for the Zerg strategy to work?>.<
    Our latest kill looks like this:

Kind of stupid to be giving DPS advice as long as you don't kill it/don't kill it with the Zerg strat/ ARE UNABLE TO DO BASIC MATH.
    Either your paladin tank is horrible or you're enormously reliant on a two-tank strat with your lock getting some RNG procs, because a 229s kill comes after full power.

To go over what's happening:
    The kill was exactly after the first Intrerupting Jolt (My Dark Bargin was not over before he died)
    I'm the warlock and I only had 1 trinket proc this kill :P (Was ranked 12 on out first kill, now dropped down to 74)
    We use 2 tanks, Pala takes 2 adds, druid takes 2 adds, we kill one and the druid kills 2 more. He takes an add off the pala tank and one off one of the DPS.
    MAIN REASON WHY THIS IS HAPPENIG:
    Our paladin is from Egypt and he has an 1mb/s connection. In addition to that, Egypt is kind of in a state of war. There's a curfew there at the moment so EVERYONE HAS TO BE IN HOUSE at around 8:00PM GMT. That means everyone is using the internet at the same time so our "tank" plays with around 2000MS most of the time (He's useless at Ra-den, we had to use the Druid to tank him and for Lei Shen we would only have 1 hour of attempts/raiding night or 2-3 hours/week). He'll be moving to Qatar where he has 100mb/s connection so he might be able to pull 600k+DPS.

The point is that 600k+ as a tank is not even close to being needed :P.
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2013-08-31 at 07:54 AM.

Just do it the normal way, it is not that hard. Your tanks will probably have an easier time too - just need to work out cd's for jolts and make sure people dont get hit by font too much.
    Mew!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    To go over what's happening:
    The kill was exactly after the first Intrerupting Jolt (My Dark Bargin was not over before he died)
    I'm the warlock and I only had 1 trinket proc this kill :P (Was ranked 12 on out first kill, now dropped down to 74)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e3...?s=8224&e=8372
    That's your log there. Says pretty clearly you had three trinket procs, not one. The interrupting Jolt comes at 2:03, not 2:29. And your dark bargain was over a full 15+ seconds before the boss died.

The point is that 600k+ as a tank is not even close to being needed :P.
    Point is, you're doing it slower without doing a single tank strat. I do the dps of your druid and paladin combined, which means another dps makes the fight far more comfortable. It may be possible to do it your way with your tank's issues - but it's far from the better way of doing it.

Any tips on what should be popped at the jump? I'm assuming everything to live through the initial dmg spike. I watched a couple of vids and saw that the adds link quite a bit. Is the capped sacred shield that op that having the adds link here and there is trivial?

No a capped SS isn't god mode, its just very strong.

I'd imagine everything needs to be popped at the start. that means GOAK followed by HA / wings and then refresh shield when vengeance spikes.

In all honesty I think you are wasting your time, do it how it was intended to be done. You're dps is an order of magnitude too low and your tank is lacking more than a bit of reading on the forums can make up for.

Quite a few people here seem to be a little off topic..

OP - Make sure he is avoiding Anima Font and rotating his CDs properly and he shouldn't die.

Deleted
    I will post my reply from the other thread here too, since it was moved and crap.
    (Original: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22252923 )
    ------------------------------

He should be using the talent Holy Avenger, without that the zerg strat is impossible. If SotR falls down, then he will (extremely likely) die.

He also has issues with his rotation, he uses Crusader Strike the same amount as Judgment. (According to the Primo Kill) While CS should be 1.5xJ normally. He has lower Holy power generation this way. He also has a bad habit of using Word of Glory too much, while generally SotR is better, but that is only a minor issue. (And it wasn't present in the DA tries.)

He should fix his rotation, Sacred Shield uptime, and use Holy Avenger. But I don't recommend the zerg tactic, it isn't worth it, and it won't make the progress faster.

PS: I checked the other logs he has, and it is typically the same. Although he did a good rotation on Meg, his uptime on Shield of the Righteous was good too, but Sacred Shield is still a issue. He should use weakauras or something to track that, and practice his rotation. But it ain't that bad, I have seen way worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Any tips on what should be popped at the jump? I'm assuming everything to live through the initial dmg spike. I watched a couple of vids and saw that the adds link quite a bit. Is the capped sacred shield that op that having the adds link here and there is trivial?
    Guardian of Ancient Kings (this won't show up in logs, if you wanna check after it)
    + Ardent Defender
    + Holy Avenger (\w Avenging Wrath)

At the very beginning. And don't spare externals either. You might still get bad RNG, resulting in instant death.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    I run it slightly differently to most at the start, but I've noticed my SOTR uptime tends to be a bit higher then those who use GOAK at the pull and go straight for Holy Avenger. I don't run GOAK right off the bat - I pop divine prot and get a Pain Sup as I move three adds and the boss into the centre. This basically gives me a free holy avenger for the first ten seconds (only possible using 4-set), which can build up a good amount of time on the SOTR buff.

After that I pop Holy Avenger, get SOTR up closer to 30 seconds, and with Unbreakable Spirit Divine Prot is then up again to further boost uptime. From that point I just manage my health, using Divine Prot on CD. I use GOAK as the Interrupting Jolt is coming up (where raid damage is getting high), Devo Aura through the Jolt, Holy Avenger again if it comes back up. Consequently I never drop SOTR from the second I put it up at the beginning of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I run it slightly differently to most at the start, but I've noticed my SOTR uptime tends to be a bit higher then those who use GOAK at the pull and go straight for Holy Avenger. I don't run GOAK right off the bat - I pop divine prot and get a Pain Sup as I move three adds and the boss into the centre. This basically gives me a free holy avenger for the first ten seconds (only possible using 4-set), which can build up a good amount of time on the SOTR buff.

After that I pop Holy Avenger, get SOTR up closer to 30 seconds, and with Unbreakable Spirit Divine Prot is then up again to further boost uptime. From that point I just manage my health, using Divine Prot on CD. I use GOAK as the Interrupting Jolt is coming up (where raid damage is getting high), Devo Aura through the Jolt, Holy Avenger again if it comes back up. Consequently I never drop SOTR from the second I put it up at the beginning of the fight.
    When are you killing one of your adds?

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3nzy View Post
    When are you killing one of your adds?
    Our enh shaman gets help from our boomkin and kills his within 20 seconds into an inactive (our enh is responsible for getting anima orbs), and the rest of our ranged dps kill one of my adds within around 2 seconds of his one dying, then they switch to the boss. I don't touch one of my three adds except with hammer to get threat on it - it's dead within roughly 5-10 seconds of me reaching the middle of the room, around the time I'm halfway through holy avenger.

When my add dies, we lust, and I peak around two million dps - after lust wears off I average around 500k for the rest of the fight. Accidentally tanked a font this week which meant I died right as the boss did, but that will give me somewhere between 590-630k dps without shield dropping off on an attempt that goes right the way until full power - we generally take in an undergeared trial dps now to assist them in gearing up.

Nice, seems doable. Only reason I want to try zerg start is because I think it's doable as long as our attempts go longer than 15 seconds lol. If attempts don't go any better than we will just do the normal strat. I definitely appreciate all of the comments and would love to hear if anybody has any other advice.

I have to agree with another poster, your pally tank is pretty bad, our tank went over 1 mil in dps before ending the fight at 670K Dps, and he was by far first in damage/dps, Your pally tank does not seem to know what he is doing on this fight. If i were u guys since u only have a week before 5.4 hits, i would just do it normal, i dont think you guys have the dps/damage to do the zerg strat. GL.