Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17345

Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17345
    Build 17345 will be deployed to the PTR realms soon.

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Death Knight (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Frost

Monk (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Talents

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Destruction
    • Chaos Bolt damage and SP scaling increased by 15%.

Raid & Dungeon Abilities
    • Burst of Corruption Inflicts 200,000 Inflicts 300,000 Shadow damage to all enemies. 100 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    • Corruption Inflicts 10,000 Inflicts 17,000 Shadow damage to the target every second for 12 sec. 100 yd range. Instant.
    • Empowered Whirling Corruption Inflicts 250,000 Inflicts 200,000 Shadow damage to enemies within 8 yards and creates a Minion of Y'Shaarj at the location. Unlimited range. Instant.
    • Hurl Corruption The caster hurls a ball of Sha energy, inflicting 300,000 750,000 Shadow damage to the target. This attack cannot be absorbed. 100 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    • Piercing Corruption The caster strikes at the target, inflicting a piercing strike of 400,000 600,000 Physical damage. This attack bypasses absorption effects but can be avoided and blocked. Melee range. 1 sec cast.
    • Pulsing Flames Periodically inflicting 0 Fire damage. Each pulse increases Fire damage dealt by 2%. 3 sec cast. 3%. 3 sec cast.
    • Titanic Smash The caster reaches back and smashes down in front of them, inflicting 500,000 1,000,000 Physical damage to all enemies in front of the caster. 100 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    • Whirling Corruption Inflicts 125,000 Inflicts 105,000 Shadow damage to nearby enemies. The damage inflicted decreases the farther away an enemy is from Garrosh. Unlimited range. Instant.

Small builds. Means tuning is almost finished, I would assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch is scheduled for the 10th so I'd hope it's nearly tuned

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol wth they actually buffed chaos bolt? That's still not going to make Destro viable!

Well, in the past we have seen rather large tuning changes (and a lot of them) this close to release. So I was a bit surprised to see that the last several only had a handful of changes. It means they are becoming more efficient with the tuning, which is good

10+ Year Old Account
    It is probably needed in PvE, but idk how to feel about the chaos bolt buff in pvp. Sometimes they hit me for like 90k and other times they hit for 190k, both with dark soul up. It is too irregular.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    lol wth they actually buffed chaos bolt? That's still not going to make Destro viable!
    Yep, it doesn't matter how hard Chaos Bolt hits if you don't have the embers to cast it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windytusks View Post
    Yep, it doesn't matter how hard Chaos Bolt hits if you don't have the embers to cast it.
    They even took out the rain of fire thing like I don't understand lol

Quote Originally Posted by Windytusks View Post
    It'll hit you for 190k if you're holding the orb or with any other damage increase debuff.

Chaos Bolt will NEVER hit an enemy for 190k if Dark Soul isn't activated and the enemy doesn't have some kind of debuff on him.

Even Dark Soul alone doesn't make Chaos Bolt to hit that hard.

Too much whining and misinformation. People have to complain about something, doesn't matter if it's Frost Bomb, Chaos Bolt or Starsurge.
    Guess what? It's an MMORPG, you'll be hit extremely hard eventually by some partially skilled enemy.

I can assure you every class in this game has a way to hit the enemy extremely hard in some situations.
    By the way, this game would be very boring if this kind of thing didn't exist.

Learn to avoid some damages and you'll eventually notice how you (and most of the community) need to learn how to stop crying about trivial things.

I get that they didn't want warlocks to have to keep RoF up on a single target, but they still didn't put in enough ember generation in its place.

Deleted
    Im getting more and more worried with these small patches. No nerfs to priest healing for pvp yet :/

Quote Originally Posted by davidcmc View Post
    It'll hit you for 190k if you're holding the orb or with any other damage increase debuff.

Chaos Bolt will NEVER hit an enemy for 190k if Dark Soul isn't activated and the enemy doesn't have some kind of debuff on him.

Even Dark Soul alone doesn't make Chaos Bolt to hit that hard.

Too much whining and misinformation. People have to complain about something, doesn't matter if it's Frost Bomb, Chaos Bolt or Starsurge.
    Guess what? It's an MMORPG, you'll be hit extremely hard eventually by some partially skilled enemy.

I can assure you every class in this game has a way to hit the enemy extremely hard in some situations.
    By the way, this game would be very boring if this kind of thing didn't exist.

Learn to avoid some damages and you'll eventually notice how you (and most of the community) need to learn how to stop crying about trivial things.
    I think you quoted the wrong person. I never said anything about PvP. I rarely do battlegrounds or arena. My only gripe is the lack of ember generation for Destruction in 5.4.

wow? reducing the base damage on HB by less than 100, what a great nerf for the top spec, and calling it 12% damage nerf mmo-c? rather misleading is it not?

Deleted
    frost dks are horrible on live

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the howling blast reduction accurate? that last number makes it a 14.8% increase from the old 579base start damage? could someone explain how after only a 12% reduction the total buff from the old numbers is 15%. where did the other 3% go? just by inflation of numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Is the howling blast reduction accurate? that last number makes it a 14.8% increase from the old 579base start damage? could someone explain how after only a 12% reduction the total buff from the old numbers is 15%. where did the other 3% go? just by inflation of numbers?
    The notes compare this build to the last PTR build, not live. Base damage is up 13% from live.

well thanks for ignoring rets blizz, this means I have more time to play ff14 when im on the bench.

But it can't be a PTR build with out mage changes are they sure they don't wanna make it 10% for combustion?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rof was realy OP in pvp by just spamming it and getting crazy alot of ember generation. Plus destro was using this as single target.

Bravo for increasing Chaos Bolt damage by 15%, too bad it will take like 45 seconds to get four Burning Embers with the RoF nerf. It would have been better to increase Incinerate damage by 15%. But that probably won't happen, it makes too much sense!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Rof was realy OP in pvp by just spamming it and getting crazy alot of ember generation. Plus destro was using this as single target.
    Yeah, because Ember generation is piss poor without it...