Want to try a caster class

Hi everyone! Im on wow since vanilla but always played melee class. I want to try another class next patch and was wondering what are the differences about each caster? Can someone please tell me what X caster has and what Y has. I really like the melee gameplay but i want to be at range for once. By that i mean FULL range. No DK or stuff like that. I tought about Druid but i don't like shifting stances all the time. Also, tought about shaman but i don't remember when was a shaman good other than heal in PvP? I don't want the OP class but i want a class i can stand versus people in general.

EDIT: My current class is Monk WW PvP /MW Pve, Rogue and Ret.

Also, can someone also tells me what are the pro an cons for each healer? I think i could also dual spec heal/Caster if one class seems fun to me.
    Thanks in advance guys!
    Last edited by Nicolaz; 2013-08-30 at 08:49 PM.

Elemental Shamans are really strong in PvP atm. Resto Shamans also are performing very well. Elemental Shaman is very much Gladiator viable. It is terribly bursty and but has good off heals and good CC, but the damage is not that amazing outside Ascendance.

Warlocks are very strong too nowadays, they hit hard and are very tanky. Not at all a glass cannon. Also they have certain abilities which makes them very hard to pillar and stuff. Also they provide great CC (fears are very strong, and the Shivarra is just a pain in the ass that can stun you almost forever, at least it feels like that) and their portals are awesome for team members.

You can't go wrong with Hunters. They are the kings of kiting melee, have great CC that has good synergy with nearly any other class, and they are also really good against Casters.

Mages, be Mages. You will shit all over most melee, Ferals will shit on you, and casters depends on the class. Overall great mobility, great CC and great burst.

To be honest atm, all the caster classes are very much viable. Shadow Priest seems to be the underdog among casters, but they are by no means bad, just not as insanely strong as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Warlocks are very strong too nowadays, they hit hard and are very tanky. Not at all a glass cannon. Also they have certain abilities which makes them very hard to pillar and stuff. Also they provide great CC (fears are very strong, and the Shivarra is just a pain in the ass that can stun you almost forever, at least it feels like that) and their portals are awesome for team members.
    Warlocks have not been strong since 5.2. And if by tanky you mean that when they pop their CDs they can survive longer, then yes they are. Right now the top 2 specs for Warlocks are Affliction and Destruction currently, but both of them have glaring flaws in PvP... if you do, however, decide to go Warlock, go Affliction. With KJC being nerfed, I see Destro representation falling sharply.

Also, Mages aren't getting much love next patch. Frost is getting what appears to be a PvP nerf, but fire should be fine if you take time to know how to play it...
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Warlocks and Mages will always have at least one strong spec. Elemental/Shadow not so much. You should look at the kit for the class and decide based on the tools they possess, not just damage ranking or things which are likely to change. Hunter also plays closest to melee though not actually a caster.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It all comes down to play style, the simple fact is you can take Lock, SPriest, Ele, and Mage far in 3's and 5's lets be honest 2's is for capping and lacks real balance. So I would look over your available toons and pick a favorite get good at it and settle in. This coming from someone who loves playing on a shadow priest and hates playing anything caster related.

Wow, nice info guys! For casters i think i put away mages, earlock and priests. I am now focused on druid and shaman for casters. Mostly shamans since i always loved them. Only the heal part is left to decide which class is going to win.

Is anyone good at sorting pros and cons of healers too? If i follow my hearth and goes for what i would preferably like, it woulb be my monk, shaman (i played one in LK and loved him, but hated the fact that you were sometimes bad for a couple of seasons in DPS), and Druid because they can do all roles. Maybe druids a re better for me now since they changed a lot. Last time i main one was in LK as tank/heal PvE.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hop onto the PTR, make a max level character and have a play?

Look at some videos, look at some guides (does the play style suit you?) and look at talent calculators (do these talents interest you?).

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Hop onto the PTR, make a max level character and have a play?

Look at some videos, look at some guides (does the play style suit you?) and look at talent calculators (do these talents interest you?).
    i agree. but hybrids tend to come with a higher skill cap and more buttons to press. keep that in mind.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.