Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    From Southshore, there was supposed to be a port there. That's how Stormwind's refuges got to Lordaeron when Orcs sacked it.
    But why go to Stormwind instead of a closer Alliance kingdom? That place had just barely been rebuilt after being completely destroyed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Calia Menethil says hello!. Are you for real? Lordearon city was the main faction/the ceneter of the old alliance,

    Calia Menethil comes back and ask the alliance for help to take back HER (rightfully) kingdom, so as to counter it, the horde as no claim at all. Whatever you say so is it still the Menethil bloodlines kingdom.
    Her Kingdom? I'm sure her undead subjects (rightful citizens) would reject her and promptly devour her corpse.

  3. #183
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,451
    I would like it back, I would like high elves playable and I would like a lot more focus on the forsaken story.

  4. #184
    First of all it is a desire driven by emotions: Lordaeron was a human kingdom that players of the strategy games, in a sense, lived in. If you liked the humans particularly, you may have even considered it 'home.' And it is natural to want your home back, isn't it?

    Secondly, it is, in a way, a matter of honour. When Stormwind was taken by the orcs in WarCraft 1, the kingdom of Lordaeron did all it could to help Stormwind's citizens, and to help them reclaim their kingdom. Now that the situation is reversed, isn't that the most logical thing for Stormwind to do as well? What is more, Stormwind's current king, Wrynn, was a fugitive of the siege of Stormwind during the first war; he knows first-hand what it is like to lose your home.

    Thirdly, there is a very practical reason: similarly to Syria beng a perfect gateway to the East for Western countries in our days, Lordaeron is a perfect gateway to the northern parts of the Eastern kingdoms. Its value is immense from a strategic point of view for the Alliance.

    And to seal the deal: Sylvanas and the Forsaken are the most unstable element of the Horde, perhaps even worse than Garrosh and his followers. Such a potential threat is hardly one to just let be.

    Of course, the game requiring a 'safe' approach to faction balance, so as not to upset or alienate/inconvenience players, something drastic is almost guaranteed not to happen, in World of WarCraft at least. What is more, the dramatic value of a lost homeland, now filled with terror, is quite high. So I doubt that the writers at Blizzard would want such potential to be wasted. Although I don't think they have done much of a good job in tapping that potential up to now. Not blaming them of course since such a story would require focus on just the Forsaken, at a time when the game prefers to focus on the two bigger factions: the Alliance and the Horde.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-09-01 at 11:08 AM.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    This point can be turned around. Horde managed to defeat all that stuff yet they cant defeat alliance?
    No the horde can't. what leadership do they have? They're destroying their capital because of a tyrannical take over. Their one great leader is now an aspect.

    The alliance is on their front door. A perfect time for the alliance to destory org, the trolls and their corny little island, and to take back much of northern kalimdor. From there full out assault on gilneas, alterac, hillsbrad, wpl.

    Or a hold on hostilities until the orcs can be shipped through the portal back to outland. that's where they're from after all. gtfo.

    that's interesting story telling to me. A vast conflict, political ties and shifts, expulsion, war war war. Not farming for meat and stone to help your enemy defeat his enemy simply then to turn around with zombies in your northern lands left unchallenged.

    pish posh to blizzard story telling.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    No the horde can't. what leadership do they have? They're destroying their capital because of a tyrannical take over. Their one great leader is now an aspect.

    The alliance is on their front door. A perfect time for the alliance to destory org, the trolls and their corny little island, and to take back much of northern kalimdor. From there full out assault on gilneas, alterac, hillsbrad, wpl.

    Or a hold on hostilities until the orcs can be shipped through the portal back to outland. that's where they're from after all. gtfo.

    that's interesting story telling to me. A vast conflict, political ties and shifts, expulsion, war war war. Not farming for meat and stone to help your enemy defeat his enemy simply then to turn around with zombies in your northern lands left unchallenged.

    pish posh to blizzard story telling.
    Alliance isnt capable of securing its own territory, what makes you think they can suddenly dominate entire world.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  7. #187
    Bloodsail Admiral melak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lordaeron
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Her Kingdom? I'm sure her undead subjects (rightful citizens) would reject her and promptly devour her corpse.
    Then they must be purged for what monsters they are! And after that, get so actual living beings to move back
    Quote Originally Posted by Runecapeman
    I try not to post anywhere anymore, due to fear of being infracted. Feels like there are too many mods that aren't screened well enough. "Dirty cops" if you will.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    But why go to Stormwind instead of a closer Alliance kingdom? That place had just barely been rebuilt after being completely destroyed.
    I suppose it was the second biggest place of Human power, a new build fortress with a known King that had a debt in case of offering shelter to refuges from the past.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    I suppose it was the second biggest place of Human power, a new build fortress with a known King that had a debt in case of offering shelter to refuges from the past.
    How can it be the 2nd biggest place of human power when it got so utterly demolished and so many of its people killed in the 1st War? There are closer human kingdoms that hardly took any damage from the 2nd War.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  10. #190
    I don't know, but I get a hint that Sylvanas will not much longer take all the bickering from the Horde and in the end she might be the last one standing on both sides. It's highly unlikely that the Alliance will take back any territory, it's much more likely that Sylvanas (not the horde) will push much deeper into theirs until there is nowhere to push anymore.

  11. #191
    Oh please, Sylvanas has been cruising toward raid boss status since late Wrath.

  12. #192
    If we got Lordaeron, The Blood Elves would be pretty screwed wouldn't they

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon View Post
    I suppose it was the second biggest place of Human power, a new build fortress with a known King that had a debt in case of offering shelter to refuges from the past.
    But it is so far away. Ok ingame it's just a 10 minute flightroute but realistically it would be like fleeing from Canada to Argentina, it's a really long way. And Arthas took the majority of the Lordaeron fleet to Northrend, i don't think there could have been many ships left that could even take such a long journey. And passenger ships didn't really exist in the middle ages...
    Sure, some people may have made it to Stormwind but i really can't imagine that it would be more then a handful.

  14. #194
    I play horde and frankly I don't see rational reason. Taking Arathi? Sure. There is a port here and Thoradin's wall makes great first line of defence - you can fall back to Thandol Span and there is a forward base in Alterac.
    Alliance with Dark Irons help should also wipe away any horde/orc presence near Badlands and BlackRock. Then they can focus on southern lands.
    Alliance should also send emissaries to plagulands and have some sort of treaty with Crusade and Ebon Hold in case Sylvanas should start something funny.

  15. #195
    We will never get Lordaeron back.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    We will never get Lordaeron back in WoW.

    Fixed! 10/chars

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    If we want to get technical about who it belonged to first, I think Trolls had first dibs.
    Racist... they are not trolls, they are Native Azerothians.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    We will never get Lordaeron back [in WoW]
    That's obvious, I do not think there's anyone who thinks otherwise...

    However, the Alliance's hope of recover the lost kingdom itself should stay alive, as would give a lot of play and many conflicts.


  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Calia Menethil says hello!. Are you for real? Lordearon city was the main faction/the ceneter of the old alliance,

    Calia Menethil comes back and ask the alliance for help to take back HER (rightfully) kingdom, so as to counter it, the horde as no claim at all. Whatever you say so is it still the Menethil bloodlines kingdom.
    Now that would be interesting. Perhaps instead of conquering it, Sylvanas gets deposed and Calia takes her rightful place on the throne.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnzoar View Post
    Now that would be interesting. Perhaps instead of conquering it, Sylvanas gets deposed and Calia takes her rightful place on the throne.
    With or without zombies? I say this because after seeing as Lordaeron fell at the hands of myriads of zombies, Queen Calia should not be very sympathetic towards the walking corpses ...

    But of course, the logic also says that Turalyon and Alleria should be heroes of the Alliance, and yet we all know will happen to them soon ...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •