Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think the alliance should help all of those homeless people in westfall, before starting a new devastating war with the horde

"The truest victory, is steering the hearts of your people" Last king of Lordaeron said that, if the current king of the alliance cant rally his people behind him, he already lost.
    Be feared, or be fuel

because it sounds cool. LOR-DA-RON. Hey man where are you? Oh I don't know...a little place called LORDAERON?!
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    I've been a Horde player ever since I started playing Warcraft 2 multiplayer as Orc a long, long time ago. And I believe that the Forsaken will either leave or be kicked out of the Horde as soon as the current two faction alliances are no longer needed. Possibly in a future game. How would the Forsaken resist an Alliance/Human attack without the backing of the Horde?

BTW, most of my WoW characters are Undead.
    Well, that's an easy enough answer.

Plague! Plague bombs everywhere!

Undead Oprah: You get a plague bomb! YOU get a plague bomb! EVERYBODY GETS A PLAGUE BOMB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    I think the alliance should help all of those homeless people in westfall, before starting a new devastating war with the horde

"The truest victory, is steering the hearts of your people" Last king of Lordaeron said that, if the current king of the alliance cant rally his people behind him, he already lost.
    He said "stirring" not "steering".
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-05 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you're worrying yourself over nothing. It will never happen anyway. We all know that as long as Chris Metzen is employed at Blizzard the Alliance won't gain anything.

And even if they do, it will be done in such a way that the Horde is still made out to be the either heroic honorable enemy who is graceful in defeat, or the innocent underdog who gets butchered by the menacing lunatics in blue.

Put it this way, the story will always be told from a Horde point of view when you've got a staff full of people who think of WoW as a Horde-centric experience. Maybe add some balance to that out in Irvine and we could see some real writing and story progression come along. But until then it will continue being the adventures of the lil' green people and their pointy eared and skeletal pals.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    OP you're worrying yourself over nothing. It will never happen anyway. We all know that as long as Chris Metzen is employed at Blizzard the Alliance won't gain anything.

And even if they do, it will be done in such a way that the Horde is still made out to be the either heroic honorable enemy who is graceful in defeat, or the innocent underdog who gets butchered by the menacing lunatics in blue.

Put it this way, the story will always be told from a Horde point of view when you've got a staff full of people who think of WoW as a Horde-centric experience. Maybe add some balance to that out in Irvine and we could see some real writing and story progression come along. But until then it will continue being the adventures of the lil' green people and their pointy eared and skeletal pals.
    My heart bleeds for you and all the Alliance players who haven't been the focal point of an expansion since WotLK. It's not like you didn't have WC1, 2, 3, Vanilla, TBC and WotLK...oh wait, you did.

Horde has always been playing catch up on the lore front as they only really started getting fleshed out in WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Tell me one, one viable, material victory the alliance would accomplish that justified retaking Lordaeron. Not nostalgia, not "moral victories", no; a real reason why a campaign for Lordaeron would benefit the alliance as a whole and justified its cost.
    I don't have one. What I would like to happen is a cavern of time instance of lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and then even more technical before that it was all old god lands!
    Ia! Nagpha'yss ni shgl ftaghn! The Black Goat with Seven Eyes wants 20,000 years of back rent, with interest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to game mechanics it's impossible of course, but perfect moment to march north is during siege of orgrimmar. Instead sending entire alliance millitary power to destroy Garrosh, Varian should let the horde bleed out and claim Arathi,Lordaeron and Gilneas. And don't tell me Forsaken are so powerfull, they don't have a chance against Humans,Dwarfs,Gnomes and Worgens (espiecially with gnomes/dwarfs tech). I'm still wonder what will Alliance get after Siege of Orgrimmar ?. It's also perfect opportunity for night Elves to secure Ashenvale and Azshara while Horde races will be fight each-other.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Due to game mechanics it's impossible of course, but perfect moment to march north is during siege of orgrimmar. Instead sending entire alliance millitary power to destroy Garrosh, Varian should let the horde bleed out and claim Arathi,Lordaeron and Gilneas. And don't tell me Forsaken are so powerfull, they don't have a chance against Humans,Dwarfs,Gnomes and Worgens (espiecially with gnomes/dwarfs tech). I'm still wonder what will Alliance get after Siege of Orgrimmar ?. It's also perfect opportunity for night Elves to secure Ashenvale and Azshara while Horde races will be fight each-other.
    The plague affects 3 of the 4 races that would march on Lordaeron. No matter what tech the gnomes have (which isn't that great since they still haven't removed the radiation from their city), I can't see them figuring out how to counter an airbourne plague.

15+ Year Old Account
    How about this reason, OP. Because I hate the Forsaken, I hate the Horde, and anything that makes them lose something is something I want to happen. All this "Horde get everything, Alliance get a pat on the back for tagging along" garbage has gone on WAY more than long enough. It's time that the Alliance actually have something to be proud of. Clearing the Forsaken out of Lordaeron would certainly be such a moment.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    How about this reason, OP. Because I hate the Forsaken, I hate the Horde, and anything that makes them lose something is something I want to happen. All this "Horde get everything, Alliance get a pat on the back for tagging along" garbage has gone on WAY more than long enough. It's time that the Alliance actually have something to be proud of. Clearing the Forsaken out of Lordaeron would certainly be such a moment.
    I hate humans, Stormwind should be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sovereignty of Lordaeron is a recurring theme and a source of conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, so I really liked this post where, as a synthesis and in an objective manner, it attempts to give a reasoned conclusion to the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    First of all, everyone saying "Lordaeron belongs to X and Y has no claim!" is pretty childish and wrong. The Forsaken and humans are two powers who don't recognize each others' laws. Both sides have what they believe to be a legitimate claim to the land and to each side, they're right while their enemies are wrong. The Forsaken are largely comprised of the dead of Lordaeron, raised into servitude and later set free to try and make an existence out of whatever husks of their former selves they had become. They take up residence in the land they once had during life, zealously defending the only home they have against human invaders who would stop at nothing to take everything from them. Lordaeron is currently the only real place in the world that the Forsaken have.

On the other side of the coin, you have the humans. Many of them were once citizens of Lordaeron in one way or another. Some are refugees who's family lines were born, lived and died on those lands. Some are old Stormwind refugees from the first war who's sister-nation Lordaeron took in and offered a home for many, many years. They struggle to reclaim the birthplace of the Alliance. Some fight to reclaim their homes from what they see as an abomination. Others fight to try and restore the homes of those who gave them refuge in the past. Both sides here obviously seem to have very legitimate reasons for trying to control Lordaeron, but all it really boils down to is a simple "I want it". There are no rightful hands for the land to be in. The Forsaken currently control Lordaeron, so it's theirs. If the Alliance were to take the city, the sides would change and they would be the "rightful rulers" while the Forsaken would be "invaders".

Now the out of game reason is because Blizzard hasn't done anything to endear Stormwind to the players. It has and continues to exist as a generic backdrop for humans and the Alliance as a whole. Even now, Stormwind and the Humans are a cheap, bland and empty wrapper hastily put around the alliance and a lot of people know it. A lot of Alliance players are desperate for the nostalgia of Warcraft 2, the amazing symbolism (the stylized L is infinitely better than stormwind's baby's-first-kitty) and a rich story. That's likely why you see so many ranting and raving on the forums about reclaiming Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Well, that's an easy enough answer.

Plague! Plague bombs everywhere!

Undead Oprah: You get a plague bomb! YOU get a plague bomb! EVERYBODY GETS A PLAGUE BOMB!
    Who's to say that the alliance couldn't develop some sort of potion that gives them temporary immunity to the plague? Either that or just... magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The sovereignty of Lordaeron is a recurring theme and a source of conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, so I really liked this post where, as a synthesis and in an objective manner, it attempts to give a reasoned conclusion to the thread:
    Dead people don't have rights.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-09-05 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's to say that the alliance couldn't develop some sort of potion that gives them temporary immunity to the plague?
    Because they couldn't come up with anything to stop the original Plague even after 7 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because they couldn't come up with anything to stop the original Plague even after 7 years...
    Doesn't mean they've stopped trying.

Doesn't mean they've stopped trying.
    Doesn't mean they've succeeded either. And until then, it's literally a suicide mission to march on Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised by the fact that nobody mentioned Quel'Thalas in the whole thread. It's still there and could be a serious issue if the Alliance ever reclaims Lordaeron.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Sabotaging plague vats inside the city would render the entire city uninhabitable, and all forsaken in it reduced to piles of goo. It is stupidly easy considering they carry that crap around in giant glass containers you could see from orbit.
    That would defeat the purpose of the Alliance wanting Lordaeron back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia's layer, as Blackwing Descent was merely a setback!
    What I want, and what others have said in this thread: reclaim Arathi Highlands and rebuild Thoradin's wall. Imo let the forsaken deal with whatever maniacal thing that is lurking below Tirisfal to go play ball with the Horde. Forsaken basically have Lordaeron and Gilneas under their foot, but we shouldn't let the 2nd Undercity come to pass, (although it will, sadly, cuz plague).

If she does go Lich Queen, she can go beat up Dranosh 2.0..err..I mean, Tirion and go chisel Bolvar out of that block of ice and assume the crown. Plenty of time to get Dalaran and The Skybreaker into position near Thoradin's wall. Together with resistance from the North, (rebels from the Ebon Blade, remnants of the crusade, Wildhammer, and the Frostwolves) will make it nearly impossible without lolnuke to breach those defenses.
    Hi, I'm scissors! Nerf rock, paper's fine. <---Class balance in a nutshell on the WoW forums.