- - - Updated - - -
If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
The bitch formerly known as Moon Blade
Night Elf Liberation Front N.E.L.F.
Something mean about trolls.
Unless Sylvanas steeps outside her limits (Even in Arathi she tries to use the Trollbane line to lay claim) and becomes a global threat, I just can't see the rest of the alliance being on board with taking out the forsaken; Sylvanas would have to do something remarkably hideous for it to happen, and beyond a metaphysical aspect and the razing of Southshore, she isn't yet a global threat. She has the potential to, but she isn't there yet.
Sylvanas won't go to open war most likely, she can't afford lose her shield She won't risk breaking the camels back. I'd find more reasonable going to cold war with her instead of attacking her domain in that case.
If you attack her in her house, she will retaliate and raise you; but if she goes in the aggressor role, she will be outnumbered by everyone, and Sylvanas can't afford to make herself a target when she fears death so much.
I agree it won't happen for gameplay reasons, but lorewise it makes all the sense in the world.
Wtf are you talking about "white knight storytelling"? I just said the Alliance should and would exterminate the Forsaken for geopolitical reasons and draw the Argent Crusade into an alliance by asociation asking them to cleanse the land of plauge for them, meanwhile using them as a shield against Silvermoon.
The Crusade wouldn't be fighting for the Alliance, just cleanse the land after all the Forsaken are dead or have been removed?
White Knighting? LoL. This is why I prefer humans over other races. They are more nuanced. I can justify the need for this politically, or strategically, or with religious zealotry, or greed.
Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-08-31 at 05:51 AM.
It just sounds so unreasonable, to deploy the might of the alliance on such a vanity project. The repercussions would be global, all for a dried husk of a land. Why Lordaeron? Why start a global war for it when shit keeps hitting the fan?
I want Lorderon back because of art style . SW suck lets trade Lorderon for Stormwind. or i would like Alliance would retake Gilneas And Gilneas would be new capital. Gilneas is such amazing city and its just easted
Sylvanas will have to be stopped at some point. She's like...the Lich Queen now. Give her enough time and I'll bet she can raise more soldiers than the other races can create the old fashioned way, and then what? Is she just going to sit on her laurels? Probably not. She already took land in Cata...of course she was ordered to attack Gilneas by Garrosh, but no one ordered her to go ape shit on Hillsbrad, that was her idea. She's obviously hungry for power and control. So I see attacking her, and thus attacking Lordaeron, as inevitable...but you're right it won't be about resources, or even faction pride, but out of necessity.
The armies of Lordaeron were the first to heed the call to arms issued by Sir Lothar and the people of Azeroth. As patron of the Alliance, King Terenas II has assumed the heavy mantle of leadership to protect all who abide in his domain, The house was known for their kindness to the Wrynns during the Second War.
The house of Wrynn and the house of Menethil has a strong friendship, not to tell about how lordaeron saved stormwind in the past. So i think pretty much the whole alliance have more than enough reasons to help Calia menethil to take back her kingdom if she so wishes.
We cleansed the EPL, tell me why we couldnt cleanse all of the plaguelands and restore Lordaeron to have a city capital closer to the Undercity for an attack?
"If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"
y'know with the scourge killing everyone in the capital city
and due to Arthas being the crown prince, he would have been taught all the secret passages out of the capital city to ensure his safety (especially after the 2nd war)
and the fact she would have certainly been in capital city regardless if she was married to a nobleman or not (a crown prince returning "victorious" from a lengthy campaign against the biggest threat to the kingdom is probably the most important event EVER, especially if you're his sister...)
everyone who was still alive at the end of the third war who were part of the alliance of lordaeron except for the blood elves is STILL part of the alliance.
the dwarves, all of the surviving human nations, the remaining high elves, the gnomes. all of them are still here, they still operate the same way, and they still believe in the same ideals they did then, just because theyv added more members or a few of the nations fell doesnt means they arent the same people.
you cant compare the old horde to the alliance of lordaeron, the alliance of lordaeron is the exact same thing except now stormwind is in charge and they had to take off the "of lordaeron" part and theyve added a few new allies.
the old horde was a completely seperate entity, its ideals were completely different, the majority of the people in the horde now dont even remember it except in stories unless they are old vets like saurfang, not to mention the entire purpose of the horde is different. they are the horde in name only since they are now completely different and follow a completely different set of ideals and cultures.
and while i agree that the forsaken have just as much of a right to lordaeron you cant just say "the alliance has no right" when a good portion of the alliance are made up of lordaeron refugees when they had to flee from then undead, that would be like when varian returned from lordaeron to rebuild stormwind you said "varian has no right to stormwind since he grew up in lordaeron"
- - - Updated - - -
of course tons of forsaken have died since then and they couldnt make any more in large numbers until cata, so unless blizzard decides to say how much of the forsaken are from where all we have is what it was in vanilla
"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon
Oh yeah, and now that the Kirin Tor rejoined the Alliance, they might like their lands back too. They sure as hell aren't dead.
1. They want it, because Sylvanas is a huge threat to all the living on Eastern Kingdoms. I can only imagine she already has tons of plans to attack Stormwind, Ironforge, Gnomeregan etc. - she is the danger, and Alliance has no other choice but to want to put her down.
2. Forsaken are abominations in the eyes of humans - thus "their" kingdoms is not really theirs, it belongs to the humans, to the Alliance.
3. Because Alliance already lost so much in this war, its only logical to "want" some of it back. What else then the fallen kingdom of Lordaeron?
This being sad, I just rerolled an Undead Warlock and with Garrosh being dead soon and me not able to change that, my loyalty now belongs to the Sylvanas.. to the Dark Below with hippie trolls, taurens, blood elves and the Alliance, together we will unleash hell upon all the living!
There are plenty of reasons.
(Note: Obviously, Lordaeron is the homeland of the Forsaken as well, but not everyone who lived there became a member of the Forsaken)
1) The Forsaken are hostile to the Alliance, and conquering a hostile force is one way to stop them from being a danger to you.
2) Most of the land is dead, but that doesn't mean some druids can't show up and start to fix it. There are still living Alliance farmers trying to make a living there.
3) There are still living people on the Alliance to whom it's their homeland. Maybe that's not a logical reason, but it's an important reason to people.
4) Symbolically. As far as the Alliance is concerned, the Scourge might as well still be out there. We may have defeated the Lich King, but Lordaeron, his homeland and the first victim of his rampage, is still ruled by undead, is still decaying and falling apart, and is still in the hands of enemies of the Alliance. Every second the Forsaken test plagues and live in run-down, cobweb-filled houses, is a reminder to the survivors of Lordaeron how many horrible things happened to them (Honestly, I don't see why the Forsaken want to live that way either when they're supposed to be resentful of their fate, but whatever). It really doesn't feel like you defeated your enemy when the land they stole from you perpetually remains in the state they left it in (again, enemy being the Scourge, the Forsaken are Lordaeron remnants).
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
I'm not sure who they'd think they're retaking it from... aren't most of the Undead there the former living Humans who were it's citizens in the first place? It's still largely in the original people's hands then.