Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    Epic! Felarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SKC,Poland
    Posts
    1,566
    Due to game mechanics it's impossible of course, but perfect moment to march north is during siege of orgrimmar. Instead sending entire alliance millitary power to destroy Garrosh, Varian should let the horde bleed out and claim Arathi,Lordaeron and Gilneas. And don't tell me Forsaken are so powerfull, they don't have a chance against Humans,Dwarfs,Gnomes and Worgens (espiecially with gnomes/dwarfs tech). I'm still wonder what will Alliance get after Siege of Orgrimmar ?. It's also perfect opportunity for night Elves to secure Ashenvale and Azshara while Horde races will be fight each-other.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Due to game mechanics it's impossible of course, but perfect moment to march north is during siege of orgrimmar. Instead sending entire alliance millitary power to destroy Garrosh, Varian should let the horde bleed out and claim Arathi,Lordaeron and Gilneas. And don't tell me Forsaken are so powerfull, they don't have a chance against Humans,Dwarfs,Gnomes and Worgens (espiecially with gnomes/dwarfs tech). I'm still wonder what will Alliance get after Siege of Orgrimmar ?. It's also perfect opportunity for night Elves to secure Ashenvale and Azshara while Horde races will be fight each-other.
    The plague affects 3 of the 4 races that would march on Lordaeron. No matter what tech the gnomes have (which isn't that great since they still haven't removed the radiation from their city), I can't see them figuring out how to counter an airbourne plague.

  3. #243
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,859
    How about this reason, OP. Because I hate the Forsaken, I hate the Horde, and anything that makes them lose something is something I want to happen. All this "Horde get everything, Alliance get a pat on the back for tagging along" garbage has gone on WAY more than long enough. It's time that the Alliance actually have something to be proud of. Clearing the Forsaken out of Lordaeron would certainly be such a moment.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    How about this reason, OP. Because I hate the Forsaken, I hate the Horde, and anything that makes them lose something is something I want to happen. All this "Horde get everything, Alliance get a pat on the back for tagging along" garbage has gone on WAY more than long enough. It's time that the Alliance actually have something to be proud of. Clearing the Forsaken out of Lordaeron would certainly be such a moment.
    I hate humans, Stormwind should be destroyed.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  5. #245
    The sovereignty of Lordaeron is a recurring theme and a source of conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, so I really liked this post where, as a synthesis and in an objective manner, it attempts to give a reasoned conclusion to the thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rilec View Post
    First of all, everyone saying "Lordaeron belongs to X and Y has no claim!" is pretty childish and wrong. The Forsaken and humans are two powers who don't recognize each others' laws. Both sides have what they believe to be a legitimate claim to the land and to each side, they're right while their enemies are wrong. The Forsaken are largely comprised of the dead of Lordaeron, raised into servitude and later set free to try and make an existence out of whatever husks of their former selves they had become. They take up residence in the land they once had during life, zealously defending the only home they have against human invaders who would stop at nothing to take everything from them. Lordaeron is currently the only real place in the world that the Forsaken have.

    On the other side of the coin, you have the humans. Many of them were once citizens of Lordaeron in one way or another. Some are refugees who's family lines were born, lived and died on those lands. Some are old Stormwind refugees from the first war who's sister-nation Lordaeron took in and offered a home for many, many years. They struggle to reclaim the birthplace of the Alliance. Some fight to reclaim their homes from what they see as an abomination. Others fight to try and restore the homes of those who gave them refuge in the past. Both sides here obviously seem to have very legitimate reasons for trying to control Lordaeron, but all it really boils down to is a simple "I want it". There are no rightful hands for the land to be in. The Forsaken currently control Lordaeron, so it's theirs. If the Alliance were to take the city, the sides would change and they would be the "rightful rulers" while the Forsaken would be "invaders".

    Now the out of game reason is because Blizzard hasn't done anything to endear Stormwind to the players. It has and continues to exist as a generic backdrop for humans and the Alliance as a whole. Even now, Stormwind and the Humans are a cheap, bland and empty wrapper hastily put around the alliance and a lot of people know it. A lot of Alliance players are desperate for the nostalgia of Warcraft 2, the amazing symbolism (the stylized L is infinitely better than stormwind's baby's-first-kitty) and a rich story. That's likely why you see so many ranting and raving on the forums about reclaiming Lordaeron.


  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Well, that's an easy enough answer.

    Plague! Plague bombs everywhere!

    Undead Oprah: You get a plague bomb! YOU get a plague bomb! EVERYBODY GETS A PLAGUE BOMB!
    Who's to say that the alliance couldn't develop some sort of potion that gives them temporary immunity to the plague? Either that or just... magic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The sovereignty of Lordaeron is a recurring theme and a source of conflict between the Alliance and the Horde, so I really liked this post where, as a synthesis and in an objective manner, it attempts to give a reasoned conclusion to the thread:
    Dead people don't have rights.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-09-05 at 09:59 PM.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    Who's to say that the alliance couldn't develop some sort of potion that gives them temporary immunity to the plague?
    Because they couldn't come up with anything to stop the original Plague even after 7 years...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because they couldn't come up with anything to stop the original Plague even after 7 years...
    Doesn't mean they've stopped trying.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    Doesn't mean they've stopped trying.
    Doesn't mean they've succeeded either. And until then, it's literally a suicide mission to march on Lordaeron.

  10. #250
    Scarab Lord Moon Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Posts
    4,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Doesn't mean they've succeeded either. And until then, it's literally a suicide mission to march on Lordaeron.
    Sabotaging plague vats inside the city would render the entire city uninhabitable, and all forsaken in it reduced to piles of goo. It is stupidly easy considering they carry that crap around in giant glass containers you could see from orbit.
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Out with the old, in with the new, and superior. Old models are all hideous garbage compared to the new
    Night Elf Independence Movement:

  11. #251
    I'm surprised by the fact that nobody mentioned Quel'Thalas in the whole thread. It's still there and could be a serious issue if the Alliance ever reclaims Lordaeron.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Sabotaging plague vats inside the city would render the entire city uninhabitable, and all forsaken in it reduced to piles of goo. It is stupidly easy considering they carry that crap around in giant glass containers you could see from orbit.
    That would defeat the purpose of the Alliance wanting Lordaeron back...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  13. #253
    Field Marshal FiftyDKPMinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Onyxia's layer, as Blackwing Descent was merely a setback!
    Posts
    67
    What I want, and what others have said in this thread: reclaim Arathi Highlands and rebuild Thoradin's wall. Imo let the forsaken deal with whatever maniacal thing that is lurking below Tirisfal to go play ball with the Horde. Forsaken basically have Lordaeron and Gilneas under their foot, but we shouldn't let the 2nd Undercity come to pass, (although it will, sadly, cuz plague).

    If she does go Lich Queen, she can go beat up Dranosh 2.0..err..I mean, Tirion and go chisel Bolvar out of that block of ice and assume the crown. Plenty of time to get Dalaran and The Skybreaker into position near Thoradin's wall. Together with resistance from the North, (rebels from the Ebon Blade, remnants of the crusade, Wildhammer, and the Frostwolves) will make it nearly impossible without lolnuke to breach those defenses.
    Hi, I'm scissors! Nerf rock, paper's fine. <---Class balance in a nutshell on the WoW forums.

  14. #254
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    Dead people don't have rights.
    That's why we call them 'undead' :P

  15. #255
    As hordie, I could only guess it would be for RP purposes, to represent Lordaeron like many heroes did back in the day. Where Order of the Silver hand were at prime, bring back former glory etc

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanoid View Post
    I'm surprised by the fact that nobody mentioned Quel'Thalas in the whole thread. It's still there and could be a serious issue if the Alliance ever reclaims Lordaeron.
    Quel'Thalas is only Horde territory because the Blood elves allied themselves with the Horde. Who would want to reclaim it? High elves who never lived there in the first place? Blood elves or High elves who didn't embrace arcane magic and left the city?

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    Quel'Thalas is only Horde territory because the Blood elves allied themselves with the Horde. Who would want to reclaim it? High elves who never lived there in the first place? Blood elves or High elves who didn't embrace arcane magic and left the city?
    (I'm being sarcastic here)

    BUT!

    BUT!

    BUT!

    It WAAAASSSSS ALliance territory first! It doesn't matter that the high elves were exiled, technically the first elves there were the high elves and they were Alliance so obviously if we re-take Lordaeron we need to take back Quel'thalas too because y'know, it's rightfully Alliance territory.

  18. #258
    Scarab Lord Jaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Yogurt.
    Posts
    4,179
    This is Warcraft; might makes right. This whole "it's rightfully Human land" argument is absolute garbage.

    Lordaeron belongs to whoever has the power to capture and keep it. Right now, that's Sylvanas and the Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

  19. #259
    Personally I'd rather not retake a diseased cesspool back, the damage is done and it would take far to much to turn it back into a thriving human land, now I would much prefer to raise it to the ground and destroy the enemy within, purging the whole thing with fire.

    The end result being the alliance only have to worry about the Blood elves attacking from ground en masse, also as a side note we all know the Forsaken can resurrect humans and turn them into the walking dead, but they can not force them to join as shown in the Forsaken starting area.

    The WMD's could be a problem for ground forces I admit, but there are ways to get around them as they do have weaknesses, I guess my point is though the cost might be high, the result would be worth it in my eyes.
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2013-09-06 at 01:20 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •