Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I had upwards of 600k...
    Didn't want to spend any but a spectral tiger appeared in the ah and I've loved the mount since bc. Then a goblin rocket and onyx panther later I was at 100k. I don't regret those purchases. Especially now that tcg is canceled. The only other big purchase mount I would like is myrmidon's head. I don't think hearthstone will be bringing any high priced mounts to the game. So maybe think of a mount you've always wanted or a black market item.

Deleted
    Piled it up then spent it on mounts or gave away to those who need it. Money is too easy to earn and nothing to spend it on.

Currently have 50k on all characters total, subscription expired in July. Gave away over 2 million gold to friends and random players who could use it.

I don't really do much with it. My guild only covers gear repairs, so I'm on my own for stuff like flasks/potions/gems/enchants. I generally use my gold for that stuff. I also tend to just buy any crafting mats I need rather than farm them.

Never understood how everyone else seems to have 100k+ gold unless it's just constant AH pimping. I've been playing since Classic, and the most gold I've ever had at once was about 15k. I usually hover around 5-6k these days, but that's plenty enough my needs.

I spend my gold on WoW time and character transfers. I also have tons of TCG crap that I buy for gold.
    Hi Sephurik

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly just reforging, repairs and transmog. In Cataclysm between my three Alliance 90s back then I could barely pay for repairs, because all I really did was PVP and there was practically no gold income for that. Fast forward to MoP and I've not managed to make some gold and have around 70k on each faction, mainly through selling mats and a few JC mounts and a Lionheart Executioner. I've not really spent it yet, just probably going try to make enough to make me all the JC Panther mounts and a few to sell as well. Also my current stores on enchanting mats on either faction will drops with 5.4 and the need to create enchants and consumables. Then after that use excess materials for profit.

Would be nice to end the expansion by buying something pretty and rare from the AH
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Bmah spendings are around 3 mil for me (bought a friend Invincible) 12 unclaimed containers 10 or so heroic pieces full rogue t3 set on a druid besides that i generally spend my gold on tcg mounts or pets i have to give myself a reason to keep making it the more i spend the more i feel like making back generally so it works out

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    Psst

Guild bank gold is not your gold. It's the guild's.
    Nah if someone complains I kick them out, so no it's mine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Uh yeah, especially as the guild bank is not your personal bank.
    I made the guild, I got it to lvl 25, I invite randoms without any requirements so they get bonuses, they don't know about the little extra I make on the side

I give it away cause I got way too much. Before my sub ends and I decide not to renew it for a longer period of time - I give it all out almost (usually around 50-100k) and when I go back I start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I made the guild, I got it to lvl 25, I invite randoms without any requirements so they get bonuses, they don't know about the little extra I make on the side
    You solo leveled the guild to 25 and all of the gold the guild has earned (as you said, having 25 people on at at time means gold accumulates very quickly) is yours? LOL no, it is not. It is supposed to be for the benefit of your members. Ask your guildies who made donations if they are OK with you spending the entire guild bank's funds on a mount for yourself--I very highly doubt they would be OK with this.

Money you make separately from your guild is yours to spend, and keep.

Just because you CAN do something as a GM, doesn't mean you SHOULD--unless you're just by nature an unethical person. Because what you're talking about is unethical.

BTW...you think that you can do things like start new guilds, empty the guild bank and disappear off into nowhere...but you can't. I ended up in a group in Rift with a guy who used the same toon name there as one of his alts in WoW. He was the GM of a top 5 progression guild on my server, who emptied out the guild bank one day and server transferred/name changed. This was back in Cata. Anyway, to make a long story short, it was definitely the same guy, I told a few guild members the story, word got around on the Rift server I am on, and he ended up shard transferring.

You think you can escape acting selfishly, but even if you left WoW entirely...you just can't. People remember...and no one likes a guild ninja.