Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Last raid of the expansion and what reward do we get.......A re-used Proto-Drake model with some spikes....how original and creative......
    Considering how easy it is to get you shouldn't be complaining. Do it in flex and get a free mount. There are other mounts for this tier as well.

  2. #42
    Galakras looks fine. He's a remodel with new armor plating, helm, and saddle. Besides, at least it's not just a retextured Wind Serpent. What surprises me, however, is that it's not a dropped mount from Galakras in the raid - since that would continue the tradition set in the two previous tiers with dropped mounts that look like the creature they come from. Though i suppose the guaranteed drop from Heroic Garrosh is more in keeping with previous mount drops off final tier bosses.

    One thing though: am I reading the post correctly about the Hearthstone Beta Streamer Invitational? Are they really holding a contest among some folks who got Closed Beta keys where we are supposed to watch them play and then they get prizes? What the what? Sometimes I just don't get this hobby...

  3. #43
    High Overlord booh1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    GC, Australia
    Posts
    170
    I didn't realise that a bunch of 14 year old girls on their periods played wow..

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    I am so sick of players trying to destroy LFR. Tons of threads on the WoW forums, questions to blues, LFR, LFR, LFR.

    Why do people CARE? Why are they so hell-bent on getting LFR nerfed or removed? Why are they so intent on forcing others into what they consider to be "really playing the game"?
    Ask those who post and keep the threads bumped and active. If posters ignored the threads then they would disappear like many of the constructive helpful threads tend to. Why do players gotta attention whore by making new threads bitching about those against LFR and the anti-LFR threads only to further keep the topic popular.

  5. #45
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Considering how easy it is to get you shouldn't be complaining. Do it in flex and get a free mount. There are other mounts for this tier as well.
    Yeah a robot Scorpion Hah

    HAHAHAHHA

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    'Added spikes', as you put it, qualifies as a remodel.
    Yea... And youre ok with that? Lets just add spikes to everything!

  7. #47
    I agree with the first guy who posted. Take this shitty excuse of a meta mount and shove it. Probably took 5 minutes to edit the current Red Proto-Drake into this.

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,005
    The mount armor is fine.

    It just needs a better skin.

    It should be some persuasion of black, like the dragon Zaela was taming. Or maybe deep red, or something. The yellow stripes just look weird.

  9. #49
    The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The mount armor is fine.

    It just needs a better skin.

    It should be some persuasion of black, like the dragon Zaela was taming. Or maybe deep red, or something. The yellow stripes just look weird.
    It WAS black they turned it red for some reason lol

  10. #50
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    It WAS black they turned it red for some reason lol
    They might have been worried about naxx 25 raiders going "QQ, the casuals are stealing our mount!"
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  11. #51
    People who hate LFR should just stop doing it. I get it that they want the gear to cheese normal mode, but there are some people (like me) who would never get to see the encounters at all if it wasn't for LFR. It's annoying enough to deal with people's superior attitudes during the raid, but then I come here and see people asking for bosses to be removed for no reason other than they want to feel special or saying it's in a weird place when actually it works fine for its intended audience.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbsey View Post
    People who hate LFR should just stop doing it. I get it that they want the gear to cheese normal mode, but there are some people (like me) who would never get to see the encounters at all if it wasn't for LFR. It's annoying enough to deal with people's superior attitudes during the raid, but then I come here and see people asking for bosses to be removed for no reason other than they want to feel special or saying it's in a weird place when actually it works fine for its intended audience.
    Yeah, and while we are at it lets have all content do able in 5 minutes so that everyone can see it regardless of how much time they have available. Alternately, shall we consider the possibility that given your busy schedule maybe a MMO is not the game for you?

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Yeah, and while we are at it lets have all content do able in 5 minutes so that everyone can see it regardless of how much time they have available. Alternately, shall we consider the possibility that given your busy schedule maybe a MMO is not the game for you?
    Who are you to tell someone else what game he shouldn't be playing? It's not like "casuals" are crying out for Heroic mode raids to be nerfed so that they can sweep through them in 45 minutes. Blizzard created a raid mode that lets anyone see the content. If you're a raider, then you should absolutely LOVE LFR, because it means Blizzard can focus more on raiding than ever before. Tier 14 had three decent-sized raids, ToT was huge, SoO is even freakin' bigger. Want to know why the current raids are so large? LFR. Since everyone can now raid in one form or another, Blizzard can focus on it much more than ever before. The biggest complaint about things like original Naxx and Sunwell, was that Blizz put time into them and only a small section of the player base could see them. Now that raids are open to everyone, on one form or another, Blizzard can make raids bigger and better than ever before.

    Also, cut this "5 minute" BS please. Right now, for someone to do all of ToT in LFR, all four wings, including queue time, and assuming they get into a good group that doesn't manage to somehow still wipe on Ji-kun or Durumu, will take at least 4-6 hours a week. Hmm, 4-6 hours a week of raiding... sounds an awful lot like casual raid guilds that clear Normal mode content all the time. There are just people who can't schedule those 4-6 hours in a way that works for organized, pre-made raiding, so for them, LFR lets them put in the time and effort to get the experience and loot that everyone else gets. Alternatively, shall we consider the possibility that given your distaste for accessible content maybe a MMO is not the game for you? (see how easy that is?)

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Who are you to tell someone else what game he shouldn't be playing? It's not like "casuals" are crying out for Heroic mode raids to be nerfed so that they can sweep through them in 45 minutes. Blizzard created a raid mode that lets anyone see the content. If you're a raider, then you should absolutely LOVE LFR, because it means Blizzard can focus more on raiding than ever before. Tier 14 had three decent-sized raids, ToT was huge, SoO is even freakin' bigger. Want to know why the current raids are so large? LFR. Since everyone can now raid in one form or another, Blizzard can focus on it much more than ever before. The biggest complaint about things like original Naxx and Sunwell, was that Blizz put time into them and only a small section of the player base could see them. Now that raids are open to everyone, on one form or another, Blizzard can make raids bigger and better than ever before.

    Also, cut this "5 minute" BS please. Right now, for someone to do all of ToT in LFR, all four wings, including queue time, and assuming they get into a good group that doesn't manage to somehow still wipe on Ji-kun or Durumu, will take at least 4-6 hours a week. Hmm, 4-6 hours a week of raiding... sounds an awful lot like casual raid guilds that clear Normal mode content all the time. There are just people who can't schedule those 4-6 hours in a way that works for organized, pre-made raiding, so for them, LFR lets them put in the time and effort to get the experience and loot that everyone else gets. Alternatively, shall we consider the possibility that given your distaste for accessible content maybe a MMO is not the game for you? (see how easy that is?)
    Hehe, I love it when people try and be clever and end up getting it wrong.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Hehe, I love it when people try and be clever and end up getting it wrong.
    Oh man, your one-sentence response sure showed me. Well played sir, well played.

  16. #56
    very nice mount tbh, whp cares for reskin...

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Who are you to tell someone else what game he shouldn't be playing? It's not like "casuals" are crying out for Heroic mode raids to be nerfed so that they can sweep through them in 45 minutes. Blizzard created a raid mode that lets anyone see the content. If you're a raider, then you should absolutely LOVE LFR, because it means Blizzard can focus more on raiding than ever before. Tier 14 had three decent-sized raids, ToT was huge, SoO is even freakin' bigger. Want to know why the current raids are so large? LFR. Since everyone can now raid in one form or another, Blizzard can focus on it much more than ever before. The biggest complaint about things like original Naxx and Sunwell, was that Blizz put time into them and only a small section of the player base could see them. Now that raids are open to everyone, on one form or another, Blizzard can make raids bigger and better than ever before.

    Also, cut this "5 minute" BS please. Right now, for someone to do all of ToT in LFR, all four wings, including queue time, and assuming they get into a good group that doesn't manage to somehow still wipe on Ji-kun or Durumu, will take at least 4-6 hours a week. Hmm, 4-6 hours a week of raiding... sounds an awful lot like casual raid guilds that clear Normal mode content all the time. There are just people who can't schedule those 4-6 hours in a way that works for organized, pre-made raiding, so for them, LFR lets them put in the time and effort to get the experience and loot that everyone else gets. Alternatively, shall we consider the possibility that given your distaste for accessible content maybe a MMO is not the game for you? (see how easy that is?)
    Um, no. The raids are bigger because they have more people working on them. What magical content were they working on before when raids weren't as big and coming in as fast? Hmm? Pet battles? Nope. Proving grounds? Nope. Brawler's Guild? Nope. What else was there to do back in those days? When a patch was released, hm? A couple of 5 mans? That's your argument. We have scenarios now. LFR didn't magically create more content. Maybe in your make believe world, sure. I live in reality, and the reality is they have more employees now and are pumping out content faster than ever before and LFR is the reason the community is crap and nobody is actually making friends or talking in an M M O so you see huge sub losses.

    Ever play a game, you're having fun and then decide to put cheat codes in? How long does it take for you to get bored and quit? Pretty fast. That's what LFR is doing to the game. People are putting in their cheat code and beating the game in 45 minutes. You take the challenge out of a game, they get bored and quit. Ghostcrawler was right, you have no business playing an mmo, go play skyrim if you don't have time to socialize.

  18. #58
    Elemental Lord Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    8,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Um, no. The raids are bigger because they have more people working on them. What magical content were they working on before when raids weren't as big and coming in as fast? Hmm? Pet battles? Nope. Proving grounds? Nope. Brawler's Guild? Nope. What else was there to do back in those days? When a patch was released, hm? A couple of 5 mans? That's your argument. We have scenarios now. LFR didn't magically create more content. Maybe in your make believe world, sure. I live in reality, and the reality is they have more employees now and are pumping out content faster than ever before and LFR is the reason the community is crap and nobody is actually making friends or talking in an M M O so you see huge sub losses.

    Ever play a game, you're having fun and then decide to put cheat codes in? How long does it take for you to get bored and quit? Pretty fast. That's what LFR is doing to the game. People are putting in their cheat code and beating the game in 45 minutes. You take the challenge out of a game, they get bored and quit. Ghostcrawler was right, you have no business playing an mmo, go play skyrim if you don't have time to socialize.
    No, I'm afraid you don't live in reality.

    You live in a magic, make-em-up world where everyone prior to LFR progressed into normal mode raids. Except for the fact that 1) less than 5% of the player base ever cleared the end-tier raids like sunwell and naxx, even when they were out for months on end and 2) Ghostcrawler has actually SAID that the people that do LFR would never have actually been in the raiding pool to begin with.

    So maybe you should look at some actual facts before you try and say you're coming from a position of "reality"



    And your position is completely irrelevant anyway. It's pointless for Blizzard to include an "easy mode" that doesn't include a raiding guild if they're also not going to provide challenging content that doesn't as well. Are you saying "well, WoW is a game that's only for people that can put in time, or that like doing pablum. If you're somewhere inbetween, the game obviously isn't for you. But on either side of that bracket, well, we've got a whole bunch of stuff!" And even if you ARE pathetically self-centered enough to agree with that incorrect sentiment, you'd again be ignoring reality, as blizzard USED to offer content that was challenging but didn't require a raiding guild: BC heroic dungeons and Cataclysm Heroic dungeons. All they'd need to do is make it so you can go straight from max level normal dungeons into LFR, while heroic dungeons have to be formed manually and offer gear that's BETTER than LFR gear. Done and freakin' done.

    But according to people, that would be "bad for the game?"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-09-01 at 08:12 PM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    No, I'm afraid you don't live in reality.

    You live in a magic, make-em-up world where everyone prior to LFR progressed into normal mode raids. Except for the fact that 1) less than 5% of the player base ever cleared the end-tier raids like sunwell and naxx, even when they were out for months on end and 2) Ghostcrawler has actually SAID that the people that do LFR would never have actually been in the raiding pool to begin with.

    So maybe you should look at some actual facts before you try and say you're coming from a position of "reality"
    This guy pretty much said it all for me. Thanks for saving me the time of typing up a response.

  20. #60
    The Patient Cipero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    339
    playing is it's heart and soul. And please tell me which letter in MMORPG stands for organized
    The second one, as I said. If you ignore all those other players or treat them as NPCs then why not play Skyrim or something?
    Pretty crazy to read that tweet knowing skyrim online (teso) is going to be a competitor. Idk I wouldn't care if WoW was more solo friendly or not. I've never been the type of guy who has scores of internet friends. If anything they are just general acquaintances. Hell, if my real friends knew how much I played this game I'd never hear the end of it. Dealing with people is pretty much a chore in this game to me. It's fun, for sure...but 90% of the time I'm just doing solo play anyway. I get it for those people who are with their friends and all or guilds that have been together for ages. That's cool. I don't see why LFR infringes on anything really. Reading all of the complaints, it basically just comes down to purples..which isn't about team-play, it's about reward. Team-play just becomes the veil over the reward at that point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •