Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Visions of Time - Courting Destiny, Malkorok Preview, Blue Tweets, Weekly News Recap

Diablo III is Out for Consoles, Official D3 Console Strategy Guide, Josh Mosqueira: 'Loot 2.0 is Coming'' + Tweets from Lylirra

Beta Streamer Tournament Review, 1.3 Billion Damage Lorewalker Cho, Weekly News Recap

Patch 5.4 - Visions of Time: Courting Destiny
    Patch 5.4 adds a quest line on the Timeless Isle that involves working for Kairoz of the Keepers of Time. He is on the Timeless Isle because the Bronze Dragonflight is not as powerful as it once was, only being able to catch furtive glimpses through time. He has created an hourglass that will allow for a window into the timeways, but you must collect 50 x Epoch Stones to make it usable.

After collecting the stones, you embark on a series of weekly quests to use the Vision of Time in different locations to calibrate the Vision of Time. Kairoz eventually will reveal that there is a traitor among the Bronze Dragonflight.

As the hourglass grows more powerful, he will send you to the Temple of the White Tiger to see a glimpse of Garrosh and Anduin, which is the scene you see below.

Patch 5.4 - Malkorok Preview
    Malkorok is the ninth boss in the Siege of Orgrimmar. The encounter takes place under Ragefire Chasm in Orgrimmar.

Raid Testing Schedule - September 3 - 4
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    On Tuesday, September 3, and Wednesday, September 4, we will continue testing raid encounters in the Siege of Orgrimmar raid.

Each encounter should be available at approximately the listed times below for all Public Test Realms.

Tuesday, September 3
    • Galakras - 25 Player Heroic - 10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)
    • Malkorok - 25 Player Heroic - 13:30 PDT (16:30 EDT, 22:30 CEST)
    • Paragons of the Klaxxi - 25 Player Heroic - 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

Wednesday, September 4
    • Sha of Pride - 25 Player Heroic - 10:30 PDT (13:30 EDT, 19:30 CEST)
    • Spoils of Pandaria - 25 Player Heroic - 13:30 PDT (16:30 EDT, 22:30 CEST)
    • Thok the Bloodthirsty - 25 Player Heroic - 16:00 PDT (19:00 EDT, 01:00 CEST)

As always, this testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a beta environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the boss being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Connected Realms and Battlegroups
    so who is getting grouped with who then, and will it go by current battlegroups?
    The battlegroups is a factor for sure that needs to be taken into account, but I cannot say yet if they will be a limiting factor. Also, we are still in the process of determining which realms to connect, so we it will be a little while still before we can announce a list of the realms that will be connected. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Darker Nights
    "Patch 5.4 will have a test case for darker nights in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and Vale of Eternal Blossoms."
    Blue-tagged! Sleep tight and enjoy the night, don't let the Sha of Nightmares bite! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Flex Raiding
    Sure, makes total sense, but btw three raid lockouts per week may be overkill. H Raiders seem not excited about Flex.
    Not sure why heroic raiders would run flex more than once or twice unless their progression in heroic was really slow. (Source)
    You're not sure why..? because of ridiculous trinkets, set bonuses, and weapons if they've been RNG-screwed in ToT.
    Set bonuses are a problem if you've just been very unlucky. Trinkets are a problem if we screw up the balance. Wpns should not be. (Source)
    If you rerolled or something, maybe, but if you have a N or H weapon from the previous tier, you should be good to go. (Source)

Raid Finder
    Getting bored of people moaning about LFR. Take it away and I may as well cancel my sub.
    We like LFR. It's not going anywhere. Just trying to provide additional features on top of it. (Source)

you never put in the tools like a good voice communication system for LFR to succeed as organized gameplay. ur fault
    I don't think difficult + voice forces random groups to coordinate, but it's a fair criticism that our voice sucks. (Source)

i will not use flex on principle its an attempt to kill lfr.
    It is not an attempt to kill LFR. It's an attempt to provide a more casual alternative to N for social groups who don't enjoy LFR. (Source)

the thing is...LFR Takes away the epic experience. dont believe me? look at every raid since 4.3.
    Another POV is LFR provides an epic experience for players who otherwise never would have had it. (Source)
    100% agree that LFR is less epic than normal (or flex). But it is more epic than a YouTube of the fight. (Source)

PvE
    Is the normal mode still all open on the first week?Tom Chilton says the normal will just open wing 1 on the first week.
    The plan is normal will all open on the first week. (Source)

Out of curiosity, will in the Siege raid. Will the Horde have a time where a npc clear out a portion of the mobs?
    We are trying to give both H and A cool moments in the raid without just mirroring each other. (Source)

Does this mean it will take four lockouts for the cloak quest? Or will you be able to kill he last three in week 1?
    The latter. You just only get loot for the first "kill" that week. (Source)
    wiait, so position has changed that legendary cloak could be unlocked in first week? Now it will take at least 4 weeks?
    You can "kill" all the celestials on day one. You only get loot from the first one you defeat every week. (Source)

so the next xpac will be another cataclysm, you had this talk before that launch about difficulty and need to change
    No, the problem with Cat was there was no alternatives to HC dungeons. As I said, exclusive is fine as long as alternative exist. (Source)

Weekly News Recap
    Another very busy week full of news, so here is your chance to catch up!

• August 26
      • We looked at the General Nazgrim encounter.
      • Another developer interview:
        • The Horde version of the cinematic after Garrosh will show the process of the Warchief selection. The Alliance version will be slightly different.
        • The technology for scaling up old content is mostly in place now, but the devs haven't come up with a good rewards scheme for scaled up old dungeons and raids yet.
      • DiabloFans posted a nice recap for the Reaper of Souls expansion.
    • August 27
    • August 28
      • We looked at the Visions of Time: Hidden Threads cutscene, which takes place in the destroyed Stormwind Harbor.
      • Another developer interview:
        • Blizzard isn't ready to show off any of the new player models yet, but hopefully will have an announcement soon.
        • Changing the player model risks causing players to no longer feel attached to their character.
        • Upgrading player models has never been done successfully in an MMO.
    • August 29
    • August 30
    • September 1

Malkorok is probably my favorite "healer" fight so far. It's amazing.

So Anduin talks to an Orcish looking fellow in a cage laced with what looks like Sha Energy... If it didn't look like the Orc in the Cage was wearing a long sleeved shirt I'd be upset already.

At the moment I'm intrigued.

The news post says it's Garrosh, but it doesn't appear to be him at all. For one thing, that hand is definitely of the old orc model. Also, not shirtless.

Edit: Also, it's Shado-Pan guarding him. It may use the same room as you find below the Temple of the White Tiger, but I think that's just Blizzard reusing similar areas for different places. I wouldn't be surprised if lorewise this is elsewhere.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2013-09-03 at 04:48 AM.

I like to see them making night time actually dark. But I don't have any confidence in them anymore to do what they say. I doubt we'll be able to even tell the difference. They need to make it extremely dark, with torches lighting up areas. With a toggle to shut up the whiners of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I like to see them making night time actually dark.
    Unlikely unless they detach the day-night cycle from the servers' real-life time, as people with a challenging time schedule or who log in from another time zone would only ever see the dark, dark night.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Unlikely unless they detach the day-night cycle from the servers' real-life time, as people with a challenging time schedule or who log in from another time zone would only ever see the dark, dark night.
    Or they can just light the game better instead of just bumping up the gamma setting.

That fight sounds pretty interesting for the raid, especially for healers.
    Last edited by Rioo; 2013-09-03 at 05:44 AM.

Malkorok feels like Tortos minus the turtles, plus soaking purple puddles

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The news post says it's Garrosh, but it doesn't appear to be him at all. For one thing, that hand is definitely of the old orc model. Also, not shirtless.

Edit: Also, it's Shado-Pan guarding him. It may use the same room as you find below the Temple of the White Tiger, but I think that's just Blizzard reusing similar areas for different places. I wouldn't be surprised if lorewise this is elsewhere.
    The NPC spawned is named Garrosh in the game files - the four NPCs in the scene are "shado-pan1", "shado-pan2", "anduin", and "garrosh".
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

It seems like very boring fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    It seems like very boring fight.
    Thats funny, because when you actually play it, it's one of the most intense and amazing fights in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I would fall into that category and would be fine with it always being dark.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The NPC spawned is named Garrosh in the game files - the four NPCs in the scene are "shado-pan1", "shado-pan2", "anduin", and "garrosh".
    Uh, I honestly hope that this is just a "what if" vision. Let's just kill Garrosh and be done with him.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Traskk!
    *points at video*
    *cackles manically*

Finally, after reading Tides of War and nerd raging hard that he didn't eat it in the book... I'll be able to kill Malkorok. Oh yes, I will take great pleasure in this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    So Malkorok: tortos' shields, Jinrok's ionization, Lei-Shens Bouncing Bolts, 4Kings' stacking.....very original !

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Uh, I honestly hope that this is just a "what if" vision. Let's just kill Garrosh and be done with him.
    It is a different time line in which we don't kill Garrosh.
    Pretty much like the vision where all leaders are pinned to the Stormwind Harbor wall.

So yes, they are "What if" visions, but there probably will happen more seeing how the traitor is in the Bronze Flight (trying to alter the time lines for a better outcome for Garrosh?)
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

He is also wearing a hood which makes me wonder if his appearance is changed by the sha energy he used, or if this is an earlier Garrosh being shown in the timeway of the hourglass.

Garrosh caged, not DEAD? Who drops the ball on that one I wonder?