[PvP] Viable Feral comps for 5.4 ?

It's sad that we had a season of being OP, and then nerfed again to piggyback on other OP classes like every other season. Seeing as we take a big CC hit in 5.4 what does everything think will work with Feral for 3v3? There's much speculation that TSG will be a top comp for 5.4, so the strength of warriors again means Feral could possibly run Kitty Cleave to a decent rating. But tunneling healers gets old.

DK's seem to have buffs, so what about Ebola Cleave? Seems like some really good spread pressure, though the DK and healer are better off ditching the Feral for Affliction, Warr or MM. To make up for the lack of CC some are saying FMP or FPS could work, though the latter doesn't have as much CC as FMP.

Right now i'm banking on Ebola for myself. What will you be running?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    It's sad that we had a season of being OP, and then nerfed again to piggyback on other OP classes like every other season. Seeing as we take a big CC hit in 5.4 what does everything think will work with Feral for 3v3? There's much speculation that TSG will be a top comp for 5.4, so the strength of warriors again means Feral could possibly run Kitty Cleave to a decent rating. But tunneling healers gets old.

DK's seem to have buffs, so what about Ebola Cleave? Seems like some really good spread pressure, though the DK and healer are better off ditching the Feral for Affliction, Warr or MM. To make up for the lack of CC some are saying FMP or FPS could work, though the latter doesn't have as much CC as FMP.

Right now i'm banking on Ebola for myself. What will you be running?
    It looks like you have it figured out pretty much... You would be lucky if anyone would take you over a warrior come 5.4.
    Nerfs to feral and buffs to warrior will make them top melee again.
    If you arent a fotm-reroller and plan to stick to what you like i think comps like Feral/Mage/Priest or Feral/Lock/Shaman will be pretty good
    in addition to Ebola Cleave that you mentioned. For 2s you could just stick with a priest or shaman i guess.

Definitely. Been hardcore Feral (stubbornly since classic). I'm wondering if there's any comps that I missed that may have potential. I haven't followed Ret changes to see how they're looking, though I generally prefer range/melee/healer instead of just melee. If MM is good Jungle might be an option for me as I've really enjoyed it before when I tried it in S8/9. Hopefully it won't be as brainless ass BM/Feral is now, but still be viable.

You're right about 2's, though I much prefer double dps for fast games. Any thoughts on that?

Deleted
    Definitely. Been hardcore Feral (stubbornly since classic). I'm wondering if there's any comps that I missed that may have potential. I haven't followed Ret changes to see how they're looking, though I generally prefer range/melee/healer instead of just melee. If MM is good Jungle might be an option for me as I've really enjoyed it before when I tried it in S8/9. Hopefully it won't be as brainless ass BM/Feral is now, but still be viable.

You're right about 2's, though I much prefer double dps for fast games. Any thoughts on that?
    Feral + Ret, Hunter, Enhancement seems pretty much the best double dps i can think of right now

Thanks man. Though with the Enhance nerfs in 5.4, I hear they'll be tied with melee for the least wanted melee dps. This was what I saw bandied about:

1. Warr = Rogue = DK
    2. Ret = WW
    3. Enh = Feral

Seems like they'd be in a similar situation as us. I'm actually thinking that Rogue/Feral (one of my fav 2's) will be pretty decent.

Deleted
    Thanks man. Though with the Enhance nerfs in 5.4, I hear they'll be tied with melee for the least wanted melee dps. This was what I saw bandied about:

1. Warr = Rogue = DK
    2. Ret = WW
    3. Enh = Feral

Seems like they'd be in a similar situation as us. I'm actually thinking that Rogue/Feral (one of my fav 2's) will be pretty decent.
    Rogue Feral is quite fun but its very hard from my experience. You need to have crisp execution with your CC and kill-phases.
    Thats something that comes with practise ofc but if you compare to the faceroll that is other comps/classes then feral/rogue is
    definetly one of the hardest ones.

Anyone else?

with the change to feral in 5.4 i think your best setup with be any caster feral healer even melee feral just wont work like it use to. Every one will sit on the feral and he will never ever get a clone out were as if your playing with a caster they have a hard choice let the caster free cast into you or let the feral spam roots off heals and clones for peels all day and do insane damage or sit feral and make him self heal and root never clone but the caster now can free cast cc into them and damage some comps will be better than others for ferals but really 3 stand out. (feral lock rshaman) (feral mage d/hpriest) (feral spriest healer).

i will be doing feral spriest healer for a few reasons spriest if let free casting do insane amounts of damage and have good off heals and you do not need the clone on the healers to land kills a lot of spriest feral kills are switches to the healers with 3 orb silence and bash. caster feral is just going to be a must if you want to push real ratting as a feral 2200+ some melee comps will work but just wont be using the ferals full potential if an cleave sits on you as feral you will never get clones out with at least 2 interrupts stuns grips knock backs etc sure caster have stuns and interrupts also but on way longer cd's and then cant be used on heals or your caster spamming cc or damage into them

Hmm. If casters are the way to go I might go the FMP route as it's a comp i've always wanted to try having toyed with Feral/Mage and Feral/Disc 2s in the past.