Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Nothing is stopping them from just transferring to an other server. And don't start with the "it's so expensive" crap. It's not expensive. I bet all of them spend several times that amount on crap each month.
    As a student with no side job I don't really have that kind of spare money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Nice, will be easier to gear up alts.
    i just have this fear of going in there with a not geared alt and getting blasted to pieces by ppl using that item that turns u hostile to all... obviously only a problem in pvp servers but yeh think ill just gear my alts in lfr and stuff :P

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    You had 2 options for gearing your characters for ToT (besides ToT): LFR, and Valor gear. LFR is RNG-based, Valor Gear is slower than shit with their new system. Literally the other gear you can get, besides 516 blue-moon daily-bag gear, is just crap.
    Don't forget Nalak the Loot Bag. He drops glove and leg tier pieces (ilvl 522) with fairly high frequency. Oondasta drops stuff too, but is rather obnoxious to get a kill on.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    But your able to pay for the subscription?

Deleted
    You don't have to transfer several characters at once. Start with your main since that is the one you want to get into a raiding guild. Alts can be transferred at a later date.
    If I spend £15 each tomorrow to transfer them all or £15 each over the next year to transfer them all it's the same amount of money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    But your able to pay for the subscription?
    He might only have enough disposable income to pay for that?

Deleted
    Sad because these alt friendly changes really had to be here about oh.... 6 months ago... but better late than never I guess. Hope they can get back at least some of the numerous subs/player-base they lost.
    have never understood why people have complained about gearing up alts
    tbh i think they have made it pretty easy with heroic dungeons, cheap rep gear, heroic scenarios and god knows how many lfrs u can run a week with the scenario that gets you like 15 coins!
    i

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    He might only have enough disposable income to pay for that?
    If he's that strapped for cash maybe he should save his 15 a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You don't have ~€20 to spend on whatever you want each month? Seriously? I spent a lot more than that on crap each month when I was a full time student without side job.

Nothing is stopping them from just transferring to an other server. And don't start with the "it's so expensive" crap. It's not expensive. I bet all of them spend several times that amount on crap each month.
    Most people expect that when they purchase the game for $60 (all expansions) and pay their $180 per year, that they will actually be able to play? That's at least what the box reads?

Now having to realize "Oh shit, I picked the wrong server and it's a pile of shit" and Blizzard then saying "well you can't play now, but you can play if you pay another $25" isn't a very good feeling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    If he's that strapped for cash maybe he should save his 15 a month.
    Which was my point all along... that's what people did. In your words, "GG"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    If I spend £15 each tomorrow to transfer them all or £15 each over the next year to transfer them all it's the same amount of money
    You don't see the difference between paying say £200 tomorrow or paying the same amount but over a years time? There is a huge difference for someone who doesn't have a lot of cash just laying around.

You don't have ~€20 to spend on whatever you want each month? Seriously? I spent a lot more than that on crap each month when I was a full time student without side job.
    That would take away cash from the pot and booze fund.

I always thought it was funny that people complain about not having money to transfer toons to a better server and yet probably eat out at least 1 meal on a daily basis.

I'm pretty sure he's better aware of his financial situation than you are, despite the high horse you sit on.

You don't need to tell me how to gear, I outgear you by a lot. But that doesn't mean that the gearing process is good. I also kept up with the game from Day 1, for the most part.

Try telling that to people on literal dead servers.
    Yeah gearing on Andorhal is pretty difficult to say the least. My guild was decent but basically retired from raiding in Cataclysm so most people left.
    At peak hours there are maybe a dozen horde in Orgrimmar and maybe 20 more in the Shrine of Two Moons. Andorhal is basically the Simple Math server, they're rank 115 US.
    I took a break in January and have just come back, and gearing is pretty slow. No way I'm paying for a transfer. I have 3 90s on this server and 5 85ish characters, and I've already spent way too much on character transfers and faction changes in the past. Let's be honest here, the prices that Blizzard charges for those services are greedy as hell. $25-30 dollars in a $15/month sub game? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people expect that when they purchase the game for $60 (all expansions) and pay their $180 per year, that they will actually be able to play? That's at least what the box reads?
    I'm pretty sure the box didn't promise you would be able to get into a raiding guild on every server etc. You are still able to play the game, the game still works whatever server you are on. Blizzard can't take responsibility for the player community.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure he's better aware of his financial situation than you are, despite the high horse you sit on.
    I think he's lying if he says he doesn't have ~€20 he can spend on whatever he wants each month.

Now having to realize "Oh shit, I picked the wrong server and it's a pile of shit" and Blizzard then saying "well you can't play now, but you can play if you pay another $25" isn't a very good feeling.
    Reroll on a better server then? Gearing isn't very hard to do and will be even easier when 5.4 comes out.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    Bullshit. I've been doing heroic scenarios and running LFR constantly and i'm sitting on 511 on my mage and 510 on my prot pala. How the hell would you even be able to get 530 ilv without having luck? I barely get items from HC scenarios or LFR, so saying that i'm doing something wrong isn't really all that helpful when i'm doing all i can.
    Yo, it's possible to be 532 without doing any normal mode raids. Just the 608 cloak and full 522 from oonda/nalak tier pieces, SPA gear, crafted gear, rest LFR. All upgraded ofc. 2/2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    That would take away cash from the pot and booze fund.

I always thought it was funny that people complain about not having money to transfer toons to a better server and yet probably eat out at least 1 meal on a daily basis.
    Pretty much this^

So I can start eating Ramen... just so I can actually play the game? Not surprising most people choose the restaurants. Just so you know, you guys with your high horses are actually the "poor community." As you gleefully pointed out, of course I still play the game and maintain a geared toon. But it's obvious that the number of people who left the game is massive and exactly for this reason, both in terms of personal anecdotes (the amount of realID that I have "last online: 4 months" or something with exact reasons I know for why they left, number of guildmates that have left and not been replaced) and completely confirmed by overall worldwide numbers.

And those losses due to shitty gearing system, shitty realm setup, shitty pugging, do affect me even if my main toon can handle gearing.

Some of the fanboy Blizzard die-hards will say that "even with 1 million players this is still the best game EVAR" but ask yourself if 7/8 of the game population - including your RealID, your guild, your realm were just decimated tomorrow... would you really still keep playing?

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the box didn't promise you would be able to get into a raiding guild on every server etc. You are still able to play the game, the game still works whatever server you are on. Blizzard can't take responsibility to fix the community.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's lying if he says he doesn't have ~€20 he can spend on whatever he wants each month.
    Maybe more devs should approach this random approach to game design. Chop out a few levels in every few copies leaving it to blind luck which purchaser get's to own the full game? I'm sure devs could get away with randomly taking out things like cinematics or VOs? How about a pot-luck approach to what MP maps you purchase? Should really spice up the gaming market, don't you think.
    Player experience on dead realms is absolutely Blizzard's responsibility. Hence their "Connected Realms" solution. It's only in bizzaro-world (or someone who doesn't yet have a family) who can say fifteen quid for a single character transfer isn't a substantial amount of money. Christ, I could just see my wife's face when that Visa bill in and I told her I spent 150 bangers transferring my WoW chars to a realm where I could PuG in. Hell, fifteen quid spent would see me on the couch.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's funny because I don't know of a single person who has left the game because of the difficulty of gearing alts etc. Are they playing less alts now compared to earlier? Yes, of course they are, so am I. But they are still playing the game with their main.