Thread: Tinker Class

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I have no idea how Teriz can be arsed to even read what the numerous trolls are posting, let alone reply to them.

Even worse is that there are so many insults and demeaning attitudes towards other posters - just liking the idea of a Tinker or Alchemist class immediately results in an unbelievably high amount of taunts and various vulgarities...

You can like the ideas or dislike the ideas or even just not care about the ideas - but why are there so many trolls that are constantly posting more and more senseless replies that contain nothing but demeaning words...
    When one side of a debate starts resorting to name-calling, it means they've run out of meaningful things to say. This being the internet, though, they can't just say "you like Tinkers, I don't, let's see what the future holds." No, someone here has to be wrong.

As for me, I have absolutely no problem being labeled a "Tinker Fanboy." If all that means is that I like the idea of playable tinkers and support their inclusion, I'm guilty as charged. Same goes for "tinkerbell" and whatever other names certain people seem to think are clever.

I have to admit the Tinkerbell reference is funny, only because my daughter is obsessed with that character.

Regardless, I have no problems with class discussions and fan based proposals. I would have fun with a Tinker. That really isn't the issue. The issue is Teriz, not only his blatant bias, disregard for anything other than his own agenda, and conflicted "logic" that in one sentence dooms all other potential classes and then in the next is the new main reason why his ideas are going to happen.

For example, he states that Blizzard will only ever allow 12 classes in the game. Ok, just how does he know that? If Blizzard could ensure a 2 million sub surge (and associated profits) from the addition of a 13th (or more) class, don't you think they would do it in a heartbeat?

See that is the problem, Teriz went beyond advocating for his preferred class, by simply ignoring any counter points. Then he went way off the range as he then bashed any other possible class proposal.

It would have been much easier if fans of other classes or proposals popped into a Tinker thread and Teriz simply said "Hey those are some interesting ideas, not my cup of tea and in my opinion I personally don't think it's likely but hey the more the merrier!" then this whole thing would have been managed. Instead he flew into a slobbering rage (and has done so repeatedly) acting as if you shout it loud enough, it somehow makes it true.

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    I have to admit the Tinkerbell reference is funny, only because my daughter is obsessed with that character.

Regardless, I have no problems with class discussions and fan based proposals. I would have fun with a Tinker. That really isn't the issue. The issue is Teriz, not only his blatant bias, disregard for anything other than his own agenda, and conflicted "logic" that in one sentence dooms all other potential classes and then in the next is the new main reason why his ideas are going to happen.

For example, he states that Blizzard will only ever allow 12 classes in the game. Ok, just how does he know that? If Blizzard could ensure a 2 million sub surge (and associated profits) from the addition of a 13th (or more) class, don't you think they would do it in a heartbeat?

See that is the problem, Teriz went beyond advocating for his preferred class, by simply ignoring any counter points. Then he went way off the range as he then bashed any other possible class proposal.

It would have been much easier if fans of other classes or proposals popped into a Tinker thread and Teriz simply said "Hey those are some interesting ideas, not my cup of tea and in my opinion I personally don't think it's likely but hey the more the merrier!" then this whole thing would have been managed. Instead he flew into a slobbering rage (and has done so repeatedly) acting as if you shout it loud enough, it somehow makes it true.
    Yeah pretty much. So if you fairys could stop making threads about it, thatd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Yeah pretty much. So if you fairys could stop making threads about it, thatd be cool.
    1) You don't speak for the forums.

2) I'd rather talk about something I like than something I don't. This is why I try to keep my presence in the Alliance cryfests and discussions about the new raid to a minimum. And I will post where I please, thank you very much.

3) Does your mother know you post on a video game forum during school time?

and

4) The OP of this thread isn't even a tinker supporter.

I've heard a decent amount on the Tinker class through this website, and not much elsewhere. It seems interesting, but imo I'd love to see a Bard class. I posted a Question on for WoWInsider's Queue blog in regards to seeing them in the future. I'll copy/paste it here for your enjoyment. It's about half a skeleton's worth of class development. I am no developer, however

Seeing as there are only two mail classes in Hunters and Shaman, what are the chances at seeing a third mail class in the future? My brother and I have been wishing for years that Blizzard would implement a Bard class a la EverQuest, which in our opinion is one of the most unique MMO classes to date.

We've been teased throughout the years with them, from low level green items (Bard's tunic of x), to NPCs (boss in Stratholme, a ghost iirc), to the April Fool's event back in either Vanilla or BC, which mocked the class by claiming they'd be played in a keyboard, Guitar Hero style. That said, I believe Blizzard denied the intention of ever implementing them, though the same *was* said about Monks.

I could see them in leather armor, but I really dig the idea of them in mail. It would not only give hunters and enhance shammy competition for gear, but also (with a healing spec) resto sham competition as well. Until now, Resto/Ele sham are the only one benefitting from +int mail. One spec could be a ranged spec to challenge hunters for weapons, one melee spec, and one heal spec?

Maybe [they could use] bows, make crossbows Bard only and keep Guns hunter only. Though i would like to see the use of songs in their playstyle, like maybe Song of the Focused, which would grant a hit/exp buff (eliminating some cap needs, even if it were 1%) and Chords of Wisdom, which would grant a Spirit buff, harkening back to the old Blessing of Wisdom Mp5 buff.

HOWEVER:
    Their role in combat is a snag for sure. EQ was very auto-attack centered for melee, and bards would do that, but twist their songs to keep buffs, dots, de buffs up. Songs were continuous. The buffs or debuffs would remain until a few ticks after the song was stopped. The whole idea was to hit the button, get the cast off, and immediately stop the song and cast a new one. It worked in rotation, and if done right, you could get up to about 7 different song buffs/debuffs/dots without losing anything. Pretty fun and engaging but would need to be tweaked for WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    1) You don't speak for the forums.

2) I'd rather talk about something I like than something I don't. This is why I try to keep my presence in the Alliance cryfests and discussions about the new raid to a minimum. And I will post where I please, thank you very much.

3) Does your mother know you post on a video game forum during school time?

and

4) The OP of this thread isn't even a tinker supporter.
    But the tinkerbells seem to speak for blizzard? Weird.

I dont know how you guys arent getting infracted for spam tbh.

Lol. Almost fell off my dinosaur.

That goes to everyone. Not just op.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Errand Wolfe View Post
    I've heard a decent amount on the Tinker class through this website, and not much elsewhere. It seems interesting, but imo I'd love to see a Bard class. I posted a Question on for WoWInsider's Queue blog in regards to seeing them in the future. I'll copy/paste it here for your enjoyment. It's about half a skeleton's worth of class development. I am no developer, however
    Your ideas better than the tinker idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    When one side of a debate starts resorting to name-calling, it means they've run out of meaningful things to say. This being the internet, though, they can't just say "you like Tinkers, I don't, let's see what the future holds." No, someone here has to be wrong.

As for me, I have absolutely no problem being labeled a "Tinker Fanboy." If all that means is that I like the idea of playable tinkers and support their inclusion, I'm guilty as charged. Same goes for "tinkerbell" and whatever other names certain people seem to think are clever.
    When the insults start flying and the trolling begins, teriz wins. I don't think a lot of posters here realize that.

Part of the reason tinkerers beat out demon hunters in that poll was because of the crazy amount of trolling in that thread.

I wish people who opposed tinkerers would attack the idea instead of the posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    When the insults start flying and the trolling begins, teriz wins. I don't think a lot of posters here realize that.

Part of the reason tinkerers beat out demon hunters in that poll was because of the crazy amount of trolling in that thread.

I wish people who opposed tinkerers would attack the idea instead of the posters.
    I attacked the idea of Tinkers because I don't feel they're appropriate or in keeping with the game and how other player classes operate. The retort was just to attack Demon Hunters, and tell me how Demon Hunters are Warlocks and therefore that makes a contrived explanation of how Tinker mechanics and item interaction could be different to everyone elses just because valid, and therefore they're the next and only further class to be implemented.

Then they kinda went on from a concept of ranged weapon user with sentry gun pets/guardians on to playing Mechwarrior or something.

Got bored.

So glad Sukhoi finally got banned, he was a taint on the forums for far too long.

All players are free to like or dislike or not care about tinkers - there is absolutely zero reason to call anyone rude names just because their opinion is different.

Tinkers have been present in WoW since vanilla, the leader of the Gnomes is a Tinker - he is not a "warrior with the engineering profession", he is an actual Tinker that (unfortunately) is lacking the awesome capabilities of Warcraft 3's Tinker.

Here is the link to wowpedia, check the character class: http://wowpedia.org/Gelbin_Mekkatorque
    And here is the link to the whacky tinkers of warcraft 3: http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

So, Tinkers DO exist in wow as a non-playable Class - same as illidan is classified as a Demon Hunter (and as a sorcerer and a rogue), which yet another non-playable class in WoW.

My only real arguments that Tinker would take priority over Demon Hunter are that the DH are pretty much "half way" in WoW through various classes, and that a technology class (like tinker or alchemist, "non-magic classes") are 100% unrepresented and unused material.

However since BLizzard does what BLizzard pleases, all those arguments are "pissin in the wind" - since BLizz seems to have no new classes planned (or developed) at this moment.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-09-03 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So you're saying that a style of martial arts based on elusive, drunken movement has little to do with WoWs Monk class doing a martial art that performs elusive, drunken movements?
    drunken movement does not equal wow's monk. The wow's monks moves have to do with drinking, kegs. You really can not say brew-master is based of martial arts

I did.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ea-Runemasters!

I even predicted melee healing.

thread made in 2011 World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King came out in 2008. saying you Predicted monks because you Predicted melee healing would be like saying I predicted the next wow x pac theme because I said wow will make a new xpac.

The fact is that by WotLK we had 3 cloth, 2 plate, 2 leather, and 2 mail. DKs got plate, and Monks got leather.

Now what do you think the last armor slot will be?

Also classes can logically fit into the game that can wear agi/int mail armor?

Again, its not that hard.

once again they added a extra plate wearer in wotlk does not mean they are going add another Mail wearer. It would make make more senses to make a class use int plate the least used gear in the game. Again, its not that hard to look past your own bias

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea how Teriz can be arsed to even read what the numerous trolls are posting, let alone reply to them.

Even worse is that there are so many insults and demeaning attitudes towards other posters - just liking the idea of a Tinker or Alchemist class immediately results in an unbelievably high amount of taunts and various vulgarities...

You can like the ideas or dislike the ideas or even just not care about the ideas - but why are there so many trolls that are constantly posting more and more senseless replies that contain nothing but demeaning words...
    The only troll I see is him. Ignoring anyone else's opinion or counter argument. Most of us are tried of him attacking any idea that does not fit in his image

- - - Updated - - -

So glad Sukhoi finally got banned, he was a taint on the forums for far too long.
    Same could be said about the Tinkerbells but he will be back

All players are free to like or dislike or not care about tinkers - there is absolutely zero reason to call anyone rude names just because their opinion is different.

Tinkers have been present in WoW since vanilla, the leader of the Gnomes is a Tinker - he is not a "warrior with the engineering profession", he is an actual Tinker that (unfortunately) is lacking the awesome capabilities of Warcraft 3's Tinker.

Here is the link to wowpedia, check the character class: http://wowpedia.org/Gelbin_Mekkatorque
    And here is the link to the whacky tinkers of warcraft 3: http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

So, Tinkers DO exist in wow as a non-playable Class - same as illidan is classified as a Demon Hunter (and as a sorcerer and a rogue), which yet another non-playable class in WoW.

My only real arguments that Tinker would take priority over Demon Hunter are that the DH are pretty much "half way" in WoW through various classes, and that a technology class (like tinker or alchemist, "non-magic classes") are 100% unrepresented and unused material.

However since BLizzard does what BLizzard pleases, all those arguments are "pissin in the wind" - since BLizz seems to have no new classes planned (or developed) at this moment.

Nothing points to Tinker coming in game as a playable class

I'd find a Spellbreaker / Battlemage to be more appealing than a Tinkerer in all seriousness. With the interdiction of Dalaran and Blood Elf forces in Pandaria, would not be suprised if they become a heroic class playable starting in Pandaria at 80.

End of the day there is more than one discussion going on here and other like threads.

1.) Tinker Class Discussion
    2.) Teriz for some reason calling out others on their opinions and ideas while spouting self proclaimed facts
    3.) Comments calling Teriz out for his gibbering ways (that the discussion I participate in) but for the most part are agnostic or even in support of the whole Tinkerer idea. (me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    drunken movement does not equal wow's monk. The wow's monks moves have to do with drinking, kegs. You really can not say brew-master is based of martial arts

Yeah, in other words, drunkedness. In beta, the Brewmasters abilities were called Drunken Haze, and the Mastery was called Drunken Brawler.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...of-Brewmasters

thread made in 2011 World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King came out in 2008. saying you Predicted monks because you Predicted melee healing would be like saying I predicted the next wow x pac theme because I said wow will make a new xpac
    I also predicted a Melee, leather wearing Monk class.

once again they added a extra plate wearer in wotlk does not mean they are going add another Mail wearer. It would make make more senses to make a class use int plate the least used gear in the game. Again, its not that hard to look past your own bias
    It actually wouldn't make sense at all to have 4 plate classes and only 2 mail classes. Additionally, what conceptual WoW class could even wear all INT plate armor?

Again, you can fix the INT plate issue simply by changing the stats. The only way you get 3 mail-wearing classes is to add a new mail-wearing class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    I'd find a Spellbreaker / Battlemage to be more appealing than a Tinkerer in all seriousness. With the interdiction of Dalaran and Blood Elf forces in Pandaria, would not be suprised if they become a heroic class playable starting in Pandaria at 80.
    Spell breakers aren't happening. Blizzard removed all mana damaging abilities from player classes. Also Mages got the Spell Breaker ability Spell Steal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, in other words, drunkedness. In beta, the Brewmasters abilities were called Drunken Haze, and the Mastery was called Drunken Brawler.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...of-Brewmasters
    and that is based off real life marshal arts how?

I also predicted a Melee, leather wearing Monk class.

Like you predicted dks 3 years after they were added in the game

It actually wouldn't make sense at all to have 4 plate classes and only 2 mail classes. Additionally, what conceptual WoW class could even wear all INT plate armor?
    What class could? any Class blizzard wants too.

Again, you can fix the INT plate issue simply by changing the stats. The only way you get 3 mail-wearing classes is to add a new mail-wearing class.
    Again we don;t need a new mail wearer

Spell breakers aren't happening. Blizzard removed all mana damaging abilities from player classes. Also Mages got the Spell Breaker ability Spell Steal.
    Maybe they removed all mana damaging abilities from player classes, so they could add Spell Breaker. Mages having spell steal means nothing both locks and dks had death coil.

Tinkers are not happening because Blizzard already said it was too silly for wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    End of the day there is more than one discussion going on here and other like threads.

1.) Tinker Class Discussion
    2.) Teriz for some reason calling out others on their opinions and ideas while spouting self proclaimed facts
    3.) Comments calling Teriz out for his gibbering ways (that the discussion I participate in) but for the most part are agnostic or even in support of the whole Tinkerer idea. (me)
    You must have really hit a nerve with him because he dodges all your post and trys to cherry pick mine

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the ultimate point. Blizzard will do what ever it damn well pleases.
    Although my understanding is that they generally have a 2.5-expansion lead time, so the Lore-devs already have the next expansion done (as in it's in alpha testing right now), the following expansion in development and are currently braining storming futures expansions.

I am certain they actually already have SEVERAL additional classes filed away, some of which are probably as old as TBC and Wrath (remember necromancer was originally being developed for Wrath) all in various incomplete states of development.

- - - Updated - - -

Tinkers are not happening because Blizzard already said it was too silly for wow

well i think what they technically said is 'maybe too whimsical'
    but that is about the same as the misdirect they gave when people thought for some reason that 'Mists of Pandaria' was some sort of expansion and not actually, you know, a comic-book title or card came or something.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-09-03 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and that is based off real life marshal arts how?

Drunken brawler= Drunken Style

Really, it's not that difficult.

Like you predicted dks 3 years after they were added in the game :
    I predicted a Monk class. DKs were before my time.

What class could? any Class blizzard wants too.
    Except any new class can't overlap with an existing class and must fit in the WoW universe. So again, what class could wear all INT plate and fit that criteria?

Again we don;t need a new mail wearer
    3 Cloth, 3 Leather, 3 Plate, 2 Mail.

We need another mail armor wearer.

Maybe they removed all mana damaging abilities from player classes, so they could add Spell Breaker. Mages having spell steal means nothing both locks and dks had death coil.
    Wrong on both counts. Blizzard removed resource damaging abilities because they were OP for PvP, and served little function in PvE.

In the case of Spell Steal, it does exactly what the Spellbreaker ability did. The Lock version of DC was nothing like the WC3 version.

You clearly need to re-read the tweet.

When you finish with that, read the other ones as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drunken brawler= Drunken Style

Really, it's not that difficult.
    Zui Quan = wow monks? no

I predicted a Monk class. DKs were before my time.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All
    Further more no one could predict dks or monks before they were announced
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz

The story changed pretty quick

Except any new class can't overlap with an existing class and must fit in the WoW universe. So again, what class could wear all INT plate and fit that criteria?
    DK's did not overlap warriors. I am sure blizzard could figure it out

3 Cloth, 3 Leather, 3 Plate, 2 Mail.

We need another mail armor wearer.
    1 spec uses int plate we need more classes that use int plate.

Wrong on both counts. Blizzard removed resource damaging abilities because they were OP for PvP, and served little function in PvE.
    Source ? Spell breakers now do not overlap since they removed drain mana and mana burn

In the case of Spell Steal, it does exactly what the Spellbreaker ability did. The Lock version of DC was nothing like the WC3 version.

You clearly need to re-read the tweet.

When you finish with that, read the other ones as well.
    his words were too whimsical for wow

whimsical

1.playfully quaint or fanciful, esp. in an appealing and amusing way.

2.acting or behaving in a capricious manner.

unlike you I am not obsessed with the idea of Tinker being added to the game.

You tend to ignore anything debunking your dream
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-03 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zui Quan = wow monks? no
    Yeah. Brewmasters fight drunk. They're doing Pandaren martial arts. Its not that complicated.

Really?

The story changed pretty quick
    You said DKs OR Monks. I predicted Monks.

DK's did not overlap warriors. I am sure blizzard could figure it out
    DKs didn't overlap with Warriors because DKs are magic-based, and are the archetypal opposite to Paladins. There is no class that can wear INT plate and fit within Blizzard's current class set up.

If you can find one, I'd love to see it.

1 spec uses int plate we need more classes that use int plate.
    No we don't. Again, that can be fixed with a statistical conversion. The only way you fix the mail gap is with a new class.

Source ? Spell breakers now do not overlap since they removed drain mana and mana burn
    Look it up. Its not that hard to find. And yeah, Spellbreakers overlap with Mages, since Arcane revolves around manipulating and controlling magic. Expect Control Magic (SB ability from WC3) to show up in the Mage spellbook real soon.

whimsical

Actually his words were "might be too whimsical". He went on to say that the Tinker's implementation "depends on treatment".

Like I said, you need to re-read the tweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Brewmasters fight drunk. They're doing Pandaren martial arts. Its not that complicated.

So because Monks have some martial arts they are based off them? So Trolls are based off Jamaicans.

You said DKs OR Monks. I predicted Monks.
    By predicting Rune masters?

DKs didn't overlap with Warriors because DKs are magic-based, and are the archetypal opposite to Paladins. There is no class that can wear INT plate and fit within Blizzard's current class set up
    Blizzard could easily make a class to fit in to using int plate.

If you can find one, I'd love to see it.
    If they add one in the game you would see it

No we don't. Again, that can be fixed with a statistical conversion. The only way you fix the mail gap is with a new class.
    Wrong. there is really not a mail gap.

Look it up. Its not that hard to find. And yeah, Spellbreakers overlap with Mages, since Arcane revolves around manipulating and controlling magic.
    Monks and Dks are hardly anything like what they were in WC3. So blizzard could easily put them in game. Also I am not looking up shit, You made the claim back it up...till than its just typical bullshit squirting out your mouth

Actually his words were "might be too whimsical". He went on to say that the Tinker's implementation "depends on treatment".

Like I said, you need to re-read the tweet.
    I know what he said. He also said something similar about demon hunters, does that mean DH are coming in to the game? no. Does it mean Tinkers are going to be coming to the game? No.

whimsical

unlike you I am not obsessed with the idea of Tinker being added to the game.

You tend to ignore anything debunking your dream
    You can't accept anything any blue says about unannounced content as the gospel truth. They said they'd never give paladins to the Horde and shamans to the Alliance in Vanilla. They carefully added murloc, naga, and ogre masks to the Halloween event after people correctly deduced that the datamined goblin and worgen masks were indicative of Cata's new races. They said this whole Mists of Pandaria business was just a silly rumor two months before the Blizzcon they announced it in. If this class is on the drawing board, for the next expansion or the one after it or the one after that one, he's not going to spill the beans on twitter.

And as for his word usage, if they're too whimsical for WoW then why can you go to any random point in-game, throw a rock and hit some sort of steampunk contraption? The answer is that the answer he gave was a non-answer, meaning nothing. Any class has the potential to be too whimsical. Mages could be portrayed as old-timey stage magicians, warriors as Stooge-like buffoons, death knights as Dark Helmets. But they don't have to be, and neither do tinkers.