Thread: Tinker Class

Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ...
2
42
50
51
52
53
54
62
... LastLast
  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Just like how monks were
    Yeah, just like Monks were. Even their healing spec has a strong melee component.

  2. #1022
    Saw this for sale on a Jeeves. It's just some Engineering garbage.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90146/tinkers-kit

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    They have their own training hub, their own trainers, their own gear, their own animations. Anything you propose for Demon Hunters will never be for Demon Hunters, they will be for Warlocks in general. They have to stick with a design format that would make sense for all other specs as well.
    Yes. Of course, that doesn't mean we'll never see other classes get their own little organisations. Unlikely, not impossible. And new animations were needed due to the monks new figthing style. New moves may also require new animations for other classes and woudln't be guaranteed for any new class...DHs woudl liekly jsut use appropriate melee and casting animations. But the core point remains...one of the reasons you have given for keeping Warlocks and DHs separate is - you don't get the bling. That, however, has nothing to do with the feasibility of creating a DH as a 4th spec.

    For a player character? Yes.
    So, then...as far as the class itself is concerned then, the answer is no.

    It's one of the most iconic pieces of lore and a significant part of the reason why they are so badass.
    I don't see Paladins with Librams either. Nor do I see any option for Dwarven tattooos so I can RP a Wildhammer. This is a purely cosmetic option. Regardless of what it actually means or does in lore, in game it has no impact on gameplay and thus bearing on class design or implemntation.

    You mean... Illidari Demon Hunter... trainees?
    They are advanced enough in their studies to have the DH title. Studying under a Master of the craft doens't make you an apprentice and it doesn't make you untrained.

    Warlocks will steal Warlock loot - Melee class using Cloth loot for tanking. There is no tanking cloth, so this affects Mages and Shadow Priests too.
    So what? You are objecting to a Warlock taking Warlock loot. You may as well object to a Guardian druid taking AGI leather because then the Feral druid loses out. I mean...seriously?! So what if he ends up usign cloth gear for tanking. It's still his gear.

    Those Demon Hunters with no tattoos or blindness? They aren't Demon Hunters. - Correct.
    I see. Blizzard just calls them Demon Hunters. In reality, they are florists.

    DHs won't get a cool class mount if they are a Warlock sub spec - It's the full presentation. You will never get Demon Hunter-specific perks, like a hub zone, or special trainers.
    And why exactly are they needed for a class design or implementation? And why can't Blizzard bring in NElf DHs to act as Warlock trainers? And whats stopping Blizzard adding the perk anyway...with DHs getting a little shrine or monastery for their "order" somewhere in Darnassus or Hyjal for example? Would that be objectionable if Warlocks could go there as well?

    As a Warlock, you can swap specs any time. You could be an Affliction Lock sharing every same benefit a 'Demon Hunter' does.
    And vice versa. DHs will get the Felsteed for example.

    However.....leaving aside the cosmetic fluff and lore objections, I will ask you this:

    Given the already high degree of overlap, can Blizzard expand upon the existing Demonology spec and Glyph to create a working and viable tanking 4th spec for Warlocks based upon the DH concept?

    EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-09-15 at 07:19 AM.

  4. #1024
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Saw this for sale on a Jeeves. It's just some Engineering garbage.

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90146/tinkers-kit
    Just FYI, a technology class doesn't need to be called a Tinker. Like Brewmasters, Tinker could just be a spec name..

  5. #1025
    They are advanced enough in their studies to have the DH title. Studying under a Master of the craft doens't make you an apprentice and it doesn't make you untrained.
    The Illidari Demon Hunters without spectral sight are all trainees, that's why they're called 'Demon Hunter Initiates'. And who is training them? Fully fledged masters like Leotheras the blind. If they were true demon hunters, I'm pretty sure they'd pose more of a threat than being regular trash mobs.

  6. #1026
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,236
    Thoughts of a Tinker class? If not now maybe down the road?
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious. (Source)
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so. (Source)
    I don't know. Lucca from Chrono Trigger could work. A little bit of gnomish (tee hee) world enlarger goes a long way IMO. (Source)
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug. (Source)
    Can we put this class to bed for now then?

  7. #1027
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Can we put this class to bed for now then?
    I'm struggling to find the negative aspect of that tweet.

  8. #1028
    Seems like its not a question of if we're getting a Tinker class, but when....

  9. #1029
    I'd say the steampunk cosplayer dudes being at Blizzcon are the best indication we have for Tinkers being unveiled. I don't see what else they would have that is remotely Steampunk related that they could announce.

  10. #1030
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I'd say the steampunk cosplayer dudes being at Blizzcon are the best indication we have for Tinkers being unveiled. I don't see what else they would have that is remotely Steampunk related that they could announce.
    Ghostcrawler also said "steampunk is cool."

  11. #1031
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Seems like its not a question of if we're getting a Tinker class, but when....
    really? You guys seem to not read tweets well


    Originally Posted by Ghoastcrawler
    Thoughts of a Tinker class? If not now maybe down the road?
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious. (Source)
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so. (Source)
    I don't know. Lucca from Chrono Trigger could work. A little bit of gnomish (tee hee) world enlarger goes a long way IMO. (Source)
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug. (Source)

  12. #1032
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    really? You guys seem to not read tweets well


    Originally Posted by Ghoastcrawler
    Thoughts of a Tinker class? If not now maybe down the road?
    I've said before it depends on the treatment. Too easy for that class to be too wacky or precious. (Source)
    A more steampunk vibe sounds cool to me. A dude in a mech having misfires that poop out springs and gears less so. (Source)
    I don't know. Lucca from Chrono Trigger could work. A little bit of gnomish (tee hee) world enlarger goes a long way IMO. (Source)
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug. (Source)
    Congratulations! You just proved his point.

  13. #1033
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Congratulations! You just proved his point.
    Read comprehension is an amazing them to have, Let me translate for you what he is saying "Tinkers would be too easy to make wacky it would depend on treatment. Maybe one day one of the designers will come up with a perfect design for tinkers." they key word is MAYBE. I could say Maybe "Obama will come over to my house to drink coffee one day" Maybes do not always mean it is going happen means it MIGHT.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Can we put this class to bed for now then?
    Teriz will keep bumping it saying it's coming as long as people post in the thread. Even if blizz said it would never he would say it would. Best thing to do is let the thread die

  14. #1034
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard would never introduce a class into the game that shares the same name with an existing class. It would cause too much confusion within the classes.
    Your argument is that we can't have a Demon Hunter because we have a class named "Hunter"? Bullshit. The classes are nothing alike.

    That along with the core Demon Hunter abilities being in the spell book of other classes.
    Not an issue. The Death Knight had the same "issue" and it wasn't one at all.

    And of course we just got a new leather wearing agility class.
    Actually we got an unarmored agility class. They arbitrarily chose leather for them.

    Demon Hunters could be put in mail, and they could xmog the gear into tattoes or whatever.

    I really don't think the game needs another all melee class.

    And yeah, Demon Hunters would be all melee.
    DKs could have been given a ranged spec very easily, to match the ones in WCII. DHs probably could as well. Certainly, they would be able to tank.

  15. #1035
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Your argument is that we can't have a Demon Hunter because we have a class named "Hunter"? Bullshit. The classes are nothing alike.
    You mean other than the fact that both are hunters, and the fact that some advocate for a DH class to use Bows?

    Not an issue. The Death Knight had the same "issue" and it wasn't one at all.
    Death Coil Warlock was nothing like DK version of Death Coil. Also all of the DK's abilities weren't in the spell book of other classes. ALL of the Demon Hunter's are.

    Actually we got an unarmored agility class. They arbitrarily chose leather for them.

    Demon Hunters could be put in mail, and they could xmog the gear into tattoes or whatever.
    That doesn't change the fact that we just got an all-melee agility class this expansion. Now you're advocating for another one?

    DKs could have been given a ranged spec very easily, to match the ones in WCII. DHs probably could as well. Certainly, they would be able to tank.
    No they couldn't. Physical ranged clashes too much with Hunters because of the name. Caster range clashes too much with Warlocks because they use the same school of magic. Like GC indicated, the design space simply isn't there.

  16. #1036
    Oh but there is room for Demon Hunter class

  17. #1037
    There wasn't design space for monks, but it sure worked out.

    None of these bullshit excuses will matter when we finally get playable Demon Hunters. This is all people throwing tar at the idea because they either:

    A)- Want a tinker.
    B)- Think a demo lock is a DH.

    I'd like a tinker too, but the DH is way more important. That second group is just wrong- Demon Hunters at least have a melee spec, if not are a whole melee class.

  18. #1038
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Read comprehension is an amazing them to have, Let me translate for you what he is saying "Tinkers would be too easy to make wacky it would depend on treatment. Maybe one day one of the designers will come up with a perfect design for tinkers." they key word is MAYBE. I could say Maybe "Obama will come over to my house to drink coffee one day" Maybes do not always mean it is going happen means it MIGHT.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Teriz will keep bumping it saying it's coming as long as people post in the thread. Even if blizz said it would never he would say it would. Best thing to do is let the thread die
    Keep in mind that, just like the months leading up to Pandaria's announcement, everything written in blue is conspicuously ambiguous.
    Someday isn't an empirical measure of time by any means.

    That being said, as always, we're no closer to confirmation or denial. It's still fun to speculate.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-09-16 at 12:22 AM.

  19. #1039
    Stood in the Fire Shefu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    379
    Well Greg's latest tweets on the subject pretty much puts all speculation to rest. People can still debate it though. It is a free (sort of) forum

  20. #1040
    TBH, my hopes is that since the whole talent system revamp, they would be able to crunch out new playable class concepts instead of being held up by design. While the talents added a lot of customization and flavour, they were hella hard to balance. The main problems with balancing right now would probably stem from PVP. I think they have PVE fairly under control, there's not really much sway in terms of what class can do more or less damage in any given situation, it's all very predictable.

    If they are able to, I'd love to see them add Tinkers and Demon Hunters both. The only real problem is how the addition of more new classes affects the overall player balance of who is playing what, and which characters people are bringing or excluding to raids. If they add Tinkers to the next expansion, we'll round out with 12 classes. Legion expansion comes? We'll get the 13th in the form of Demon Hunter hero class. Overall, it would still be easier to balance than 4th spec.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •