Thread: Tinker Class

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ...
4
44
52
53
54
55
56
... LastLast
  1. #1061
    GC is just playing with you. Do you really believe that he would say "NO tinker as a class!" or "DH will be a new class"? Especially when blizzcon is 2 months away.
    So "MAYBE someday" means nothing.

  2. #1062
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,533
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Well right here

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22405600

    it was explained to you why Tinkers wont be next.
    Only thing I saw in that post was a bunch of ranting and raving. Where's the explanation?

  3. #1063
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,094
    I am really, really looking forward to Blizzcon this year, mainly just to get the facts out in the open so alot of these debates can be finally put to rest, not just classes, but all this Dark Below nonsense as well as finally getting an answer on the Burning Legion.

  4. #1064
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Again, we can never really trust what Blizzard says, they've done crazier stuff before. Still, I agree, it's very unlikely, but we can never know for sure ^^

    Again pre mop Blizzard avoided answering the mop trademark in fact they said They trademark alot of things. When people said the next class was monk quite a few people on these forums said blizzard would never add monk in to the game.

    Blizzard tends to avoid answering stuff that they are developing. I could see DH added because GC only response to DH was a dodge question unlike his answers to Tinker maybe someday. Teriz made some nutball thread awhile ago screaming tinkers were for sure next because 4th spec fake image, iron horde text tile, some steam punk art group at blizzcon.

    oh here it is

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Burning-Legion

  5. #1065
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Again pre mop Blizzard avoided answering the mop trademark in fact they said They trademark alot of things. When people said the next class was monk quite a few people on these forums said blizzard would never add monk in to the game.

    Blizzard tends to avoid answering stuff that they are developing. I could see DH added because GC only response to DH was a dodge question unlike his answers to Tinker maybe someday. Teriz made some nutball thread awhile ago screaming tinkers were for sure next because 4th spec fake image, iron horde text tile, some steam punk art group at blizzcon.

    oh here it is

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Burning-Legion
    Maybe someday could be regarded as a dodging question technique, an answer designed to redirect attention. I know what your point is, but we still aren't ever 100% assured of anything, that was my point

  6. #1066
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Only thing I saw in that post was a bunch of ranting and raving. Where's the explanation?
    explanation? sure

    Teriz you do not work for blizzard nor do you have a clue on what blizzard is going to add next. Your OPINIONS which you seem to confuse for fact mean very little toward what blizzard will and will not do. GC own words on the tinker was MAYBE someday.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Maybe someday could be regarded as a dodging question technique, an answer designed to redirect attention. I know what your point is, but we still aren't ever 100% assured of anything, that was my point

    Try explaining that to this guy

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As for a class next expansion, I admit it would be surprising, but at the same time, it would also make sense for a couple of reasons;

    1.Blizzard has been working on remodeled vanilla models.
    2. They've introduced a new race two expansions in a row, and frankly the lore on all three of them has been lacking.
    3. Lack of any good racial candidates.

    If there's not going to be new races, then we're more than likely going to get a new class. If its a new class, then its more than likely going to be the Tinker class.

    Let's face it; Its the only class concept that not only has a history in the Warcraft universe, but it also doesn't overlap with any existing classes. Dragonsworn, Dark Rangers, Demon Hunter, and Battle Mage concepts all overlap with existing classes in spectacular fashion. Blizzard wants its classes to be as unique and different from one another as possible.

  7. #1067
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    explanation? sure

    Teriz you do not work for blizzard nor do you have a clue on what blizzard is going to add next. Your OPINIONS which you seem to confuse for fact mean very little toward what blizzard will and will not do. GC own words on the tinker was MAYBE someday.
    The only thing I ever take from Teriz posts, is not what he says IS going to happen, but what he thinks would make the most sense if he were the developer. Am I totally off here? I thought that was always what he intended to convey through them. I've never see him outright claim that what he says is the definitive be all and end all.

    Edit: Perhaps he could do a better job of wording it that way, but I still think that's what he means, I could be wrong.

  8. #1068
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,533
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Again pre mop Blizzard avoided answering the mop trademark in fact they said They trademark alot of things. When people said the next class was monk quite a few people on these forums said blizzard would never add monk in to the game.

    Blizzard tends to avoid answering stuff that they are developing.
    Remember when Tom Chilton said that the idea of an expansion featuring Pandas was massively overhyped, and that they only use Pandas for comics and toys?

    Speculation swirled recently regarding Blizzard's decision to trademark "Mists of Pandaria," as many thought it may indicate the name of the next World of Warcraft expansion. Pandaria, in Warcraft lore, refers to the home of the Pandaren, basically humanoid war pandas you may remember making an appearance as neutral heroes in Warcraft III. Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

    Two months later, MoP was announced.

  9. #1069
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Also his remarks about demon hunters
    Originally Posted by ghostcrawler

    Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?
    and Support class
    Originally Posted by ghostcrawler
    Yes, but it would be a big change. Another challenge for the blogs and forums out there to discuss.
    seem more promising than maybe someday

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Remember when Tom Chilton said that the idea of an expansion featuring Pandas was massively overhyped, and that they only use Pandas for comics and toys?



    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

    Two months later, MoP was announced.
    Key words

    Originally Posted by Tom Chilton
    if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that.
    But its funny you screamed DH were not coming because of the Tweet by GC but for some reason you still think Tinkers are. Hell he avoid answering the DH qustion you should be familiar with avoiding questions and debates but he said maybe someday with Tinkers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    The only thing I ever take from Teriz posts, is not what he says IS going to happen, but what he thinks would make the most sense if he were the developer. Am I totally off here? I thought that was always what he intended to convey through them. I've never see him outright claim that what he says is the definitive be all and end all.

    Edit: Perhaps he could do a better job of wording it that way, but I still think that's what he means, I could be wrong.
    From what I seen in his nine tinker threads is that his opinion is fact tinkers are next DH are never coming. No matter what anyone says Tinkers are next.

    So hey Teriz How about this? IF they Announce Tinkers as the next playable class at 2013 blizz con I will never ever come to these forums again and If they do not Announce Tinkers at 2013 blizz con than you never ever come to these forums?


    Deal? I mean your so sure of it what do you got to lose?

  10. #1070
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,533
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    But its funny you screamed DH were not coming because of the Tweet by GC but for some reason you still think Tinkers are. Hell he avoid answering the DH qustion you should be familiar with avoiding questions and debates but he said maybe someday with Tinkers.
    You're really clueless. In terms of class design, a lack of design space means "no". So when GC asked the rhetorical question, he was saying "no Demon Hunters".

    You're not going to have two classes with the same set of abilities.

  11. #1071
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You're really clueless. In terms of class design, a lack of design space means "no". So when GC asked the rhetorical question, he was saying "no Demon Hunters".

    You're not going to have two classes with the same set of abilities.

    Tell me more about your inside knowledge at blizzard, since your a blizzard dev. Oh that's right your not.

    You are aware he said
    "Is there enough design space there not occupied by DK, warlock, hunter, warrior?" he never said there was a lack of design space, in fact he avoid answering the question and answered it with a question.

    No two classes in wow have the same set of abilities your right. they will not give DH demon forum or will rework it to make it differnt than the locks version.

    Anyways as I said before IF they Announce Tinkers as the next playable class at 2013 blizz con I will never ever come to these forums again and If they do not Announce Tinkers at 2013 blizz con than you never ever come to these forums?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I am really, really looking forward to Blizzcon this year, mainly just to get the facts out in the open so alot of these debates can be finally put to rest, not just classes, but all this Dark Below nonsense as well as finally getting an answer on the Burning Legion.
    Same...I can not wait till Blizzcon, I got a feeling some tinkerbell is going try to find a huge hole to hide in before people make him eat every once of bullshit is put fourth on these forums.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-16 at 03:21 AM.

  12. #1072
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    The only thing I ever take from Teriz posts, is not what he says IS going to happen, but what he thinks would make the most sense if he were the developer. Am I totally off here? I thought that was always what he intended to convey through them. I've never see him outright claim that what he says is the definitive be all and end all.

    Edit: Perhaps he could do a better job of wording it that way, but I still think that's what he means, I could be wrong.
    No, you got it right. If it makes sense, I support it.

  13. #1073
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's pretty obvious that they don't. Demon Hunters are absorbed into Warlocks. Rangers are Hunters. Dragonsworn are simply various heroes who swear to dragons.

    Tinkers? No such issue.
    Its pretty obvious that youre an idiot. No theyre not, rangers are different than hunters, and dragonsworn have the aspect powers. And you left out timewalkers why?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    The only thing I ever take from Teriz posts, is not what he says IS going to happen, but what he thinks would make the most sense if he were the developer. Am I totally off here? I thought that was always what he intended to convey through them. I've never see him outright claim that what he says is the definitive be all and end all.

    Edit: Perhaps he could do a better job of wording it that way, but I still think that's what he means, I could be wrong.
    No, hes saying he knows tinkers are next, and it will be the next and final class. Thats what is going to happen. And hes not the developer, so he doesnt have any credibility. Hes just some loony on a fan website.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    No, you got it right. If it makes sense, I support it.
    And youre delusional. Everyone knows how you work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  14. #1074
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Its pretty obvious that youre an idiot. No theyre not, rangers are different than hunters, and dragonsworn have the aspect powers. And you left out timewalkers why?
    Rofl I missed that...hell he was auguring with me earlier in the thread that Beast masters are not mixed in to Hunters. He thinks warlocks are Demon hunter because of two spells.

  15. #1075
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Its pretty obvious that youre an idiot. No theyre not, rangers are different than hunters,
    How exactly are they different than Hunters?

    and dragonsworn have the aspect powers. And you left out timewalkers why?
    Because Timewalkers are also Dragonsworn. Dragonsworn also have significant overlap with Druids and Mages. In fact, Druids are servants of Ysera.

  16. #1076
    Aren't DK's warlocks too?

  17. #1077
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Aren't DK's warlocks too?

    shadow priest are warlocks too!!!!

  18. #1078
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How exactly are they different than Hunters?



    Because Timewalkers are also Dragonsworn. Dragonsworn also have significant overlap with Druids and Mages. In fact, Druids are servants of Ysera.
    They dont need to use green. There can be the other four aspects as well. So I think the dragonsworn concept is broader then tinkers. And rangers havnt been made. So they could be another ranged physical class. Blizzard could make them different than hunters, mainly more magic damage. Elemental charged attacks.
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-09-16 at 03:46 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  19. #1079
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    They dont need to use green. There can be the other four aspects as well. So I think the dragonsworn concept is broader then tinkers. And rangers havnt been made. So they could be another ranged physical class. Blizzard could make them different than hunters.
    Rangers are a petless class totally different from Hunters

  20. #1080
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    They dont need to use green. There can be the other four aspects as well. So I think the dragonsworn concept is broader then tinkers. And rangers havnt been made. So they could be another ranged physical class. Blizzard could make them different than hunters, mainly more magic damage. Elemental charged attacks.
    They couldn't use Black or Blue either, since Blue is essentially Mages, and Wrathion is the only Black dragon left.

    The entire concept is a mess.

    As for Rangers, there's no INT based bows in the game. Also Hunters already use magical arrows. In the end, if you remove the Pet requirement from Marksmanship, you got a Ranger. That's how close those concepts are. With the upcoming Hunter revamp, there's a good chance that you're going to see a more Ranger style stuff in the near future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •