Thread: Tinker Class

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ...
6
46
54
55
56
57
58
... LastLast
  1. #1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Trinkets aren't class abilities.
    No but you're looping yourself. You stated shooting lightning is the domain of the shaman. Someone mentions there are trinkets that shoot lightning. You state those aren't class abilities. Someone says that it simply shows they are willing to put in multiple ways to acquire similar abilities, then references class abilities that are similar (such as both warlocks and mages have talent trees devoted to using fire abilities just each with their own flavor or both shaman and druids have lightning storm abilities). You miss the point and state they are different spells. Someone mentions this means that there can be more room for abilities that use lightning as long as it is used differently than current spells in-game, which would be good for a Tinker giving them access to electrical-based attacks/abilities. You state shooting lightning is the domain of the shaman. Rinse and repeat.
    "What do you consider your greatest fault?"
    "Honesty."
    "I don't think honesty is a fault."
    "I don't care what you think."

  2. #1102
    Oh Teriz!

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90146

    OH NOES! LOL

    You know when they call it out like that....just yeah.

    Methinks it is at least worth while to accept the possibility that ENGINEERING PROFESSION = Tinker Inspiration/Implementation.

  3. #1103
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Oh Teriz!

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=90146

    OH NOES! LOL

    You know when they call it out like that....just yeah.

    Methinks it is at least worth while to accept the possibility that ENGINEERING PROFESSION = Tinker Inspiration/Implementation.
    Which is why Ghostcrawler never mentioned Engineering in any tweet, and Engineering has zero Tinker abilities?

    Let us also not forget that the class doesn't need to be called "Tinker". Technician, Inventor, Mekgineer, Artificer, Gear Master, Mechanic, etc. works just as well.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Riarden View Post
    An underwater xpac is the onky chance I can see them coming. You think tinkers would come in a burning legion xpac? Wake up.

    Stop limitting classes. Its not your game. You have no say in how or what class is made. I love having this argument over you.
    We can look at how the last 11 classes were made, find their commonalities, and use those same commonalities to figure out the next class, or at least get an idea of what the next class' attributes would be.

    Its not that difficult.

  4. #1104
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which is why Ghostcrawler never mentioned Engineering in any tweet, and Engineering has zero Tinker abilities?

    Let us also not forget that the class doesn't need to be called "Tinker". Technician, Inventor, Mekgineer, Artificer, Gear Master, Mechanic, etc. works just as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    We can look at how the last 11 classes were made, find their commonalities, and use those same commonalities to figure out the next class, or at least get an idea of what the next class' attributes would be.

    Its not that difficult.

    GC also said maybe someday, So slim chances it will come anytime soon if it comes.

    Also do we really need 9 tinker threads

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ely-to-be-next
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Idea-(Long)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...w-class-in-WoW
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=Tinker
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=Tinker
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=Tinker
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=Tinker
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ghlight=Tinker
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Burning-Legion

  5. #1105
    But maybe one of the designers will come up with a pitch perfect design that blows us away someday. Shrug.
    I like how this is being used to confirm that Blizzard is not currently developing Tinkers while simultaneously being used to confirm that Blizzard is pursuing development of Tinkers.
    "What do you consider your greatest fault?"
    "Honesty."
    "I don't think honesty is a fault."
    "I don't care what you think."

  6. #1106
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    GC also said maybe someday, So slim chances it will come anytime soon if it comes.
    Someday may be closer than we realize. I don't believe there's that many expansions left in WoW. Maybe 2-3 more, before Blizzard moves on to something else.

    The game is already 10 years old.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi
    Can everyone just report teriz for spamming? Maybe the mods will fonally catch on to his nine threads about this shit.
    I didn't make nine threads about this. I didn't even make this one.

    I don't beleive there will be any more classes. Everything is covered.
    Technology class isn't covered. Technology is a pretty major aspect of the Warcraft universe. An aspect that no class utilizes.

  7. #1107
    There are at least eight threads about Demon Hunters, not including the ones discussing a Legion expansion in which Demon Hunters are mentioned, or the Tinker threads that got hijacked by Demon Hunter discussion. Ought we do something about that too?

  8. #1108
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,355
    i think everyone here is off their rocker if they think theyre going to release a whole new other class right after they released one in MoP. i just dont see it happening

  9. #1109
    Oh Teriz...if they don't call it a Tinker then how does it fit into your pattern about WC3 hero classes. I mean DK is DK, Monk is Monk.

    Oh wait your own rules don't apply when it is a negative versus your OPINION.

    Ready to admit there is at least some chance that Engineering is Tinker? Even if it is 1% the fact is it is possible, your continued denial is making you look so bias and horrible.

    Ready to own up yet?

  10. #1110
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Oh Teriz...if they don't call it a Tinker then how does it fit into your pattern about WC3 hero classes. I mean DK is DK, Monk is Monk.
    Actually it fits right in the pattern, since the hero that inspired the Monk class was the Pandaren brewmaster. The Tinker hero's full name is also race based, since its called Goblin Tinker.

    It stands to reason that the Tinker would get the same treatment as the Brewmaster. Make the hero units name one of the specs and expand from there with a broader class title. Makes sense, given the scope of the technology archetype.

  11. #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    There are at least eight threads about Demon Hunters, not including the ones discussing a Legion expansion in which Demon Hunters are mentioned, or the Tinker threads that got hijacked by Demon Hunter discussion. Ought we do something about that too?
    Like what? Demon hunter threads have been around forever. So this is null. And demon hunter hijacks threads because its more interesting than tinker. Unlike tinker, which hijacks every thread. Regardless what its about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  12. #1112
    Quote Originally Posted by Riarden View Post
    An underwater xpac is the onky chance I can see them coming. You think tinkers would come in a burning legion xpac? Wake up.
    You mean like "Burning Crusade" where the mobs that people like to point at as "Tinkers" are from?

  13. #1113
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You mean like "Burning Crusade" where the mobs that people like to point at as "Tinkers" are from?
    But Teriz says they must be based off of WC3. So that no work.

    Btw if we can base stuff off of BC then DH is cool. Illidan doesn't use Warlock abilities and I am pretty sure he is a demon hunter.

  14. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You mean like "Burning Crusade" where the mobs that people like to point at as "Tinkers" are from?
    There's a couple named insignificant mobs that are the demon engineers. And i dont think a technology class would be building fel machines? Tinkers have been in Azeroth forever. It's just for some reason now the tinkerbells decided to come out from hiding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  15. #1115
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Nothing, huh?
    Yes...nothing. First - its lore. Second - it's non-canonical lore. Thirdly - it grants the Sense Demons Ability. It only explains "HOW". Fourthly - the RPG itself contradicts your assertion. Fifthly - as does the game itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I don't want to see that as an option, because it suggest that is optional. Really, spectral sight is one of the things that should be intrinsically tied to the class and not an option, just as permanent undeath is a characteristic of all Death Knights. It is not an option to not be an undead version of your character class.
    "I don't want" pretty much says it all. **YOU** don't want. And that's OK. But you are arguing about what IS an option. The game and RPG BOTH present it as optional. Sure, becoming a member of the Sacred Order of Demon Hunters may require that sacrifice so you get to learn all the sceret hanshakes, but neither depict it as something that is needed to BE a Demon Hunter. YEs, it IS part of their look, and its important for that....but that doens't make it an essential element to design around. The "look" can be given to another class.

    What do Warlocks have to do with Demon Hunters being badass? Nothing. It's a different class that has its own identity and its own reasons for being awesome. Having spectral sight and runic tattooes? Not a part of the Warlock identity, and doubtful to ever become it.
    Why can they not be part of the Demon Hunter Warlock Spec? Why can the Warlock not be a "badass"?

    They aren't part of the Warlock class simply because you say they aren't, simply because you don't see them as part of it.

    Why not?

    Then they wouldn't have a story at all. It would be a Warlock story, not a Demon Hunter story. You understand how that's a conflict of interest, right? Oh, you don't? That's because you don't give a fuck about character class identity.
    Actually - I do. But if the DH story is that they are effectively a Warlock, then the DH story will BE the Warlock story. DHs will just be a melee focussed Warlock, drawing on the same power source, using the same spells, having the same look and theme. That isn't a conflict of interest. That would simply be the DH story not being the one you want.

    Right now - Warlocks and DHs have a huge overlap in theme, look, abilities and Blizzard has continued to strengthen the links between the classes. You may not see these links as important, but you can't credibly deny that they exist. You can't also deny that Blizzard doesn't want any more homogeneity in the game and that existing classes take a higher priority over potential classes.

    I understand the desire for a DH standalone class, but all that brings that a Warlock 4th spec doesn't would be two other specs and the ability to be called Demon Hunter in quest blurbs. Everything else can be achieved via a single spec; that's all it takes. Other specs can also have their own flavor, their own identity, their own way of doing things. But for some reason, you don't seem to think that a Demon Hunter can have all that and still be a Warlock. And the only reason you've given is - you don't want it to be that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i think everyone here is off their rocker if they think theyre going to release a whole new other class right after they released one in MoP. I just dont see it happening
    I think it possible. Likely? Perhaps not. But possible.

    EJL

  16. #1116
    Why do you think people want to play a Demon Hunter?

  17. #1117
    Warlocks really are badass, just really not in the way DHs are, you don't seem to get that that's why no one but you thinks they're the same, Talen.

  18. #1118
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Why do you think people want to play a Demon Hunter?
    The same reason people want to play Paladins. The problem, from your point of view, is that they'll still get to play a DH if he is a 4th spec, they will still get the look, feel and anti-hero vibe, Blizzard can still keep the background lore and canonise it, the spec will have its own identity and flavor and game history which people can enjoy....what you are looking for is something the Warlock class can provide - IF Blizzard decide to actually develop the lore and story.

    EJL

  19. #1119
    Warlocks can't be DHs any more than Rogues can. Demon Hunter couldn't work as 4th lock spec, because of its rather obvious tiers to Rogue class. Either stand alone class (or spec of new class), or nothing.

  20. #1120
    So do you believe Warlocks can make the transition to all permanently blind themselves, gain ritualistic tattooes? Or do you believe that Demon Hunters do not need any of that to function as a Warlock spec?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •