Thread: Tinker Class

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Goblins are part of the horde? Gnomes alliance? Or am i crazy?

Explosive sheep does the exact same thing as pocket factory.
    Explosive Sheep:

Explosive Sheep
    Item Level 30
    Use: Summons an Explosive Sheep which will charge at a nearby enemy and explode for 135 to 165 damage. Lasts for 3 min or until it explodes. (1 Min Cooldown)
    Pocket Factory
    Creates a factory which automatically constructs Clockwerk Goblins. Clockwerk Goblins explode upon death, causing damage to nearby enemy units.
    You believe that's the same ability?

And the mortar and glove TINKERING ABILITY are cluster rockets. Please tell me how shooting someone with a rocket, isnt an ability? Putting a sheep down that chases someone and explodes? Its an ability no matter how much you dont want to believe it.
    Mortar isn't in the game anymore.

And Cluster Rockets is an AoE stun ability that does fire damage. The glove rocket ability is single target, and has a long cooldown.

They don't even share a name.

This is closest thing I've seen to the actual ability;

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=136110

However its uncatagorized. It won't end up in Engineering because Engineering is a profession.

Need I remind you that Trinkets and Items aren't class abilities?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-09-18 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Need I remind you that Trinkets and Items aren't class abilities?
    He's right. Making the character use an item that procs an ability is still an ability.

And btw the explosive sheep and pocket factory robot goblin are exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riarden View Post
    He's right. Making the character use an item that procs an ability is still an ability.

And btw the explosive sheep and pocket factory robot goblin are exactly the same.
    Incorrect.

1. The Goblin is produced in a factory.
    2. The Goblin attacks the target a few times before exploding.
    3. Its a robotic goblin, not a robotic sheep.
    4. One is called Clockwork Goblin, the other is called Exploding Sheep.

Its not exactly the same. The only thing they have in common is that they both explode. That's like saying a firecracker is "exactly the same" as an atom bomb.

Also items stay at the same potency forever. So an Exploding Sheep will always do about 100 damage, even when you hit level 90.

An actual class ability? That scales with you as you level.

Incorrect.

1. The Goblin is produced in a factory.
    2. The Goblin attacks the target a few times before exploding.
    3. Its a robotic goblin, not a robotic sheep.
    4. One is called Clockwork Goblin, the other is called Exploding Sheep.

Its not exactly the same. The only thing they have in common is that they both explode. That's like saying a firecracker is "exactly the same" as an atom bomb.
    More like saying a firecracker is the same as a roman candle, but okay tough guy. How's that fantasy world youre in?

10+ Year Old Account
    More like saying a firecracker is the same as a roman candle, but okay tough guy. How's that fantasy world youre in?
    Its a fair comparison, since the Exploding Sheep is a toy that you use for shoots and giggles. In WC3 you used Pocket Factory to bring down heroes and entire armies.

Its a fair comparison, since the Exploding Sheep is a toy that you use for shoots and giggles. In WC3 you used Pocket Factory to bring down heroes and entire armies.
    According to blizzard, its whimsical. So most people view the pocket factory goblins for "shoots and giggles" as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to blizzard, its whimsical. So most people view the pocket factory goblins for "shoots and giggles" as well.
    Except we have no idea what Blizzard considers whimsical and doesn't consider whimsical, and GC never mentioned PF as a whimsical ability specifically.

You also have no idea what "most people" think.

So you're wrong on both counts.

Except we have no idea what Blizzard considers whimsical and doesn't consider whimsical, and GC never mentioned PF as a whimsical ability specifically.

Whimsical means whimsical. In diablo 3 whimsishire is all rainbows unicorns, flowers and sunshine. I think we have a pretty clear definition of blizzards whimsical. And most people on this website hate you and your concept. So im gonna go ahead and stand by what i said.

Oh god, did Sukhoi get banned again? ROFLOL...

Honestly when i see all those gnome/goblin bases in outland and other places - it does look way too whimsical, with a lot of metal machines moving almost like they are living organisms.

Tinker/Alchemist stuff would have to be a lot more serious than that if it is to be a respectable-looking class.

What i do know is that i would greatly enjoy playing a Tinker/Alchemist class, especially if it was made as a 4 spec hybrid.

I guess a Demon Hunter (Fire/Shadow/Arcane with Weaponized Martial Arts and Demonology?) could also be cool - kind of a risky gamble, since at the end of design it might not even resemble the Warcraft 3 DHs...

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Oh god, did Sukhoi get banned again? ROFLOL...

Honestly when i see all those gnome/goblin bases in outland and other places - it does look way too whimsical, with a lot of metal machines moving almost like they are living organisms.

Tinker/Alchemist stuff would have to be a lot more serious than that if it is to be a respectable-looking class.

What i do know is that i would greatly enjoy playing a Tinker/Alchemist class, especially if it was made as a 4 spec hybrid.

I guess a Demon Hunter (Fire/Shadow/Arcane with Weaponized Martial Arts and Demonology?) could also be cool - kind of a risky gamble, since at the end of design it might not even resemble the Warcraft 3 DHs...
    For saying idiot. Read his posts. He's been pretty reasonable. You know, i could report you for your avatar. Im jewish after all. And pretty offended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop with the personal attacks on one another and get back to the topic. If everything about tinkers has been said that needs to be said move on.

As well, do not discuss moderation, who is banned, etc. It's derailing, off-topic and pointless.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Stop with the personal attacks on one another and get back to the topic. If everything about tinkers has been said that needs to be said move on.

As well, do not discuss moderation, who is banned, etc. It's derailing, off-topic and pointless.
    Can you please close this. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whimsical means whimsical. In diablo 3 whimsishire is all rainbows unicorns, flowers and sunshine. I think we have a pretty clear definition of blizzards whimsical. And most people on this website hate you and your concept. So im gonna go ahead and stand by what i said.
    Yet there's a class in the game that throws barrels of alcohol at targets and gets them drunk in the process. We have no clue what Blizzard means by whimsical. Additionally GC said "might be".

Also as I said before, you don't know what most people think;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Idea-(Long)

"Most people" who participated in that poll liked my concept.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...S-Demon-Hunter

"Most people" who participated in that poll preferred Tinkers to Demon Hunters.

You can stand behind your statements if you wish.

That doesn't make you any less wrong.

Technically he isn't wrong. He could be wrong about what most people think or he could be right. He doesn't know but then again neither do you, so you don't know whether or not he is wrong.

From an unbiased third party. I think mechanically and thematically the exploding sheep and pocket factory are extremely similar, where they differ is in the skin and the damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    After some 60+ pages this thread has become derailed to the point where there's no real point in carrying on. Closing for that reason.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."